Bath Amenities

treasurer

Hi,

We are going on a very long Princess cruise in a few weeks and want to pack only what's necesary. What bath amenities are provided in a balcony cabin? (ie conditioner, lotion, q tips, cotton balls, etc). We haven't been on Princess in a long time and don't remember. Thanks for your help.

We just sailed in a suite, thanks to the 'free cruise' promotion. There were so many amenities, I couldn't believe it! Bottles of shampoo, body wash and lotion (no conditioner). Bars of soap. Packets of Q-Tips and cotton balls. A soothing gel eye mask. A high quality sewing kit. A washing pad (like a wash mitt for the shower, but only covered the palm). A shoe shine sponge. A shower cap. 2 pairs of slippers. Bath salts for the tub. There was also the use of a lint brush, and of course a hairdryer, as well as 2 extra plush bathrobes.

This was in addition to the minibar setup, the massive bowl of fruit (with strawberries!) and 2 personal-sized bottles of sail-away champagne. There were also nightly canapés, which we traded in for chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!

So yes, nice amenities in the suite. :D

We just sailed in a suite, thanks to the 'free cruise' promotion. There were so many amenities, I couldn't believe it! Bottles of shampoo, body wash and lotion (no conditioner). Bars of soap. Packets of Q-Tips and cotton balls. A soothing gel eye mask. A high quality sewing kit. A washing pad (like a wash mitt for the shower, but only covered the palm). A shoe shine sponge. A shower cap. 2 pairs of slippers. Bath salts for the tub. There was also the use of a lint brush, and of course a hairdryer, as well as 2 extra plush bathrobes.

This was in addition to the minibar setup, the massive bowl of fruit (with strawberries!) and 2 personal-sized bottles of sail-away champagne. There were also nightly canapés, which we traded in for chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!

So yes, nice amenities in the suite. :D

Our first suite is coming up---can't wait!!! Sweet suite!!

Check these recent threads about the new shampoo/comditioner combination. We had it on our Royal Princess cruise. In a full suite it was in small plastic bottles but I think it is the same product in the dispensers in other cabins. I hated it -- my hair was like a birds nest that was next to impossible to get a comb or brush through. Luckily my husband had brought a small bottle of conditioner - even though he doesn't have much hair to use it on :p. I commandeered it for the duration of the cruise. Next month I'll be sure to bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1957298

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1956525

I recently did a 3 day cruise on the Sapphire. The mini-suite had a tube of lotion, very, very, very tiny bar of soap for the shower and sink, and the new bath/shower dispenser.

As an Elite member, I did receive a shower cap, emery board, cotton and q-tips, and something else. No gel mask. But I did have to ask for these items.

For our Ruby Princess cruises last month, I was glad I had brought my own fullsize bar of soap. I was also glad that I had some small bottles of conditioner in my Dopp kit from some previous trips. I'll be bringing my own conditioner from now on. The shampoo/conditioner combo doesn't work well for me without extra conditioner.

Kriz. Were these items topped daily, 2x daily or only when you requested etc?

I was very disappointed on the Royal at Christmas. I miss the eucalyptus scents - loved it - steward would always give me a few to take home and it reminded me of being on the ship. Maybe too many people were taking some home. We won't use their shampoo - left my hair limp and not really clean. I usually wash it daily because I'm in the water but did try to go two days and it looked terrible. So we will be bringing our own from now on - also conditioner. The lotion was just so-so but the container is a little larger which is a plus. Again, not worth taking a couple home.

Our son was along and in the past, they have left three of most of the things but not this time and I did ask twice for a couple things - never got the them. Would have been nice to get three slippers so we all could have used them for the few times we went out on our sooty balcony.

We have always had the basket stuffed every time the steward was in and more in the shower and tub (even on the nightstand) but they were not very generous this time. I don't even think the sewing kit was in it.

Kind of like the fruit basket - it was gone on the third day and never returned.

Do us in the lowly balcony rooms, and only gold members, get lotion? The wife wants to know...

Yes and it's actually easier to get out of the tube than the previous bottle but doesn't smell as nice. The cabin steward will replace as needed/requested.

Some of the cabin stewards really notice what empty bottles you throw away. If you've thrown an empty tube away, most will get the clue to leave a new one for you. If they keep disappearing and there aren't any empty bottles in the trash then they kinda figure out what you're doing. ;)

I don't even think the sewing kit was in it.

We found the sewing kit in the closet, next to the garment brush, shoeshine bag and shoe polisher.

In my previous list, I realized I forgot to put down emery board and chapstick!

We just returned from the Coral where we had minisuite. I found the combination shampoo/conditioner to be very very very drying. My hair felt l like straw and was hard to style. Ive never had that issue with any hotel shampoos in the past. I hate to think about carrying my home products with me because of the weight and the chance of spillage. Im wondering if it isn't a combination of that product with water that is provided on the ship.

I didn't like the lotion in the tube as well as what we had before in the bottles but that personal preference on texture.

We had a large selection of other amenities in the seashell from sewing kit, to bath mitt to q tips. I had to ask the steward for a second bar of soap for the tub. The shower gel bottle is too high on the wall to be used if you would prefer bathing once or twice instead of showering and you forgot to take the soap with you from the sink.

I think Princess should look at what is available in land based hotels at the level they see their product and do llkewise. It seems to me that they are modeling a Motel 6 instead of a Ritz or even a Marriott.

On my voyage (Star Princess), we did not have the dispensers yet. I was surprised that I could get a "tube" of the shampoo. It was the same brand as the tube of lotion, but I thought it was a very good product. I did ask on my last Sapphire cruise if those tubes were available (no).

I did not care for the eucalyptus products because of my allergies. I am planning on taking my own bath/hair products from now on. I am not a fan of the dispensers.

Kriz. Were these items topped daily, 2x daily or only when you requested etc?

The shampoo was replaced when used. Otherwise, I didn't really use any of the stuff, so no need to replace. At the end of the cruise I took the items I wanted. They also left a lot of the same items in the shower/tub part of the bathroom, so I had more than enough of everything.

I was very disappointed on the Royal at Christmas. I miss the eucalyptus scents - loved it - steward would always give me a few to take home and it reminded me of being on the ship. Maybe too many people were taking some home. We won't use their shampoo - left my hair limp and not really clean. I usually wash it daily because I'm in the water but did try to go two days and it looked terrible. So we will be bringing our own from now on - also conditioner. The lotion was just so-so but the container is a little larger which is a plus. Again, not worth taking a couple home.

Our son was along and in the past, they have left three of most of the things but not this time and I did ask twice for a couple things - never got the them. Would have been nice to get three slippers so we all could have used them for the few times we went out on our sooty balcony.

We have always had the basket stuffed every time the steward was in and more in the shower and tub (even on the nightstand) but they were not very generous this time. I don't even think the sewing kit was in it.

Kind of like the fruit basket - it was gone on the third day and never returned.

My sewing kit was in the closet with the lint brush, etc. too. On the Star I kept getting more and more fruit. I felt like I had a fruit buffet after a while. LOL. Pictures of my ever-multiplying fruit:

DSCN1192.jpg.bb25ce6f1e481b88349087e27873577b.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg.0089cfa777c31440a5ab778d95328fb3.jpg

DSCN1587.jpg.f62824f9381bfa2bb2e63f3ceb10367b.jpg