Princess Europe 2015 Announcement

Coral

I wonder why the Spring Transatlantics are much cheaper than the

Fall Transatlantics?

I think it is because people prefer the westbound TAs in the fall because you gain time as you head west. Going the other was, you lose time....

I was just able to do a booking up to the point of making a deposit. Took awhile as the site was being very tempermental. In doing the phantom booking, it was the first time I actually looked at the different fall T/A itineraries. Quite a change imho from years past. The Island has the Venitian Passage but not till November. Another fall T/A for 2015 was not in my plans, but if it was I don't know if I'd book it. The rest of the ships will be making their crossings in September. Kinda strange if you ask me.....

Bob

I was just able to do a booking up to the point of making a deposit. Took awhile as the site was being very tempermental. In doing the phantom booking, it was the first time I actually looked at the different fall T/A itineraries. Quite a change imho from years past. The Island has the Venitian Passage but not till November. Another fall T/A for 2015 was not in my plans, but if it was I don't know if I'd book it. The rest of the ships will be making their crossings in September. Kinda strange if you ask me.....

Bob

A friend of mine did a transatlantic last year (or the year before) on the Pacific or Ocean Princess. They left after Thanksgiving and it was from Rome.

I just booked British Isles for May, 2015, but when I asked about the drink package--was told that yes, it was available, at full price.

Wasn't this a promotion (for free or discounted?)? What cruises/categoried does it apply to?

Also, I had read that there was an OBC promo--also not available to me? Why bother to book at this early date if no promo/discount/free stuff?

Thanks

Bill

We booked the CB for the 7/18 sailing. I inquired about the "free" drink package and Princess USA knew nothing about the offer. I saw the UK prices online and it seems to me that those drink packages are not free but built into the price....

I am happy with the price and perks I got :-)

Also, I had read that there was an OBC promo--also not available to me? Why bother to book at this early date if no promo/discount/free stuff?

Thanks

Bill

Usually prices are lower when cruises are first announced, there may be exceptions for holiday cruises. On the cruise I booked I wanted the specific window suite but did check the price first and it was comparable to what I paid in '13 for the same suite, same cruise.

I notice when they do have promotions etc, some prices may be higher so you're really not saving much by waiting.

I just booked British Isles for May, 2015, but when I asked about the drink package--was told that yes, it was available, at full price.

Wasn't this a promotion (for free or discounted?)? What cruises/categoried does it apply to?

Thanks

Bill

Someone indicated that it was a promo from a TA in the UK. You probably don't want to pay what the British pay for their cruises in order to get the free drink package :)

Edited by Coral

I'm just so use to leaving in October.....:):):)

Bob

There is a 9/26/2015 TA on the Emerald leaving from Rome for 21 nights. I booked it. It does more ports in Spain.

Edited by Ethel5