So many elites, I pretended to be blue

Sitmar Lady

Just checked EB and saw every level of card listed except the black cards; darn.....:D:(:D

Bob

You can have my old one; no charge. LOL

As for pins, we've never worn ours and I have no clue what happened to any of them. Also the stickers we get from each cruise. I just dump them immediately.

Edited by Pia1913

From what I have been given to understand, the Asian cruises are not very popular with staff, there is significantly less tipping (culturally), plus language issues. I suspect Princess will staff the ships in that market from a different pool.

Oh sorry! Most of the crew and staff I spoke with were getting off prior to the move and didnt plan on returnning (or didnt want to return) to the Sapphire other then the higher ranked officers.

I think my old pins are in a drawer somewhere at home. I've discovered a new way to pay for cruising--selling my trivia prizes on eBay. Who knew that carabiner keychains would be so popular? They're selling for $4 each. Someone sold a water bottle for $9. And slippers must be something given to passengers in suites. There are a lot of them on eBay.

MKEcruiser, unbelievable!!! I checked out your E-bay link and couldn't believe it. Some people are really nuts or really desperate. I have to say, it made me laugh pretty good.

In defense of those who wear the card on a lanyard, I for one wear clothes that many times do not have pockets. On a side note does anyone know where I can purchase the plastic that you slip your card into and then put on a lanyard.

I use a lanyard because of the no-pocket thing and the no-husband thing!

Instead of a plastic sleeve, I use an I.D. pouch that I put on a lanyard. The pouch has a clear window on one side and is solid fabric on the back. I turn the pouch around so that the solid side faces out and my black card is pressed against my heart, where it belongs! :D ;)

In the pouch itself is my coffee card, a few business cards, some mints, a couple of Advil and, when I go off of the ship, I add in my driver's license and some money. Very convenient.

Here's where I got mine: http://www.getabag.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the landing page on the left rail and it's the first item under Best Sellers.

You have to order a minimum of six, but they're fairly inexpensive; plus, you could always share one with someone who's flaunting a black card! :D

Cheers!

~ Roseann

Oooo, baby, just thought of something...

The current "black" cards are now gray with a black ribbon at the top. That must really piss-off the elitest of the elite. No longer will a quick glance at their card reveal their lofty status!:D

So, I’m patiently standing in a line to get onto a tender when I can feel someone off of my right shoulder trying to get by me. I turn my head to see who it is and take a slight step to the right to block the person. The woman is holding up a black cruise card and with an annoyed look on her face she says “I’m elite, I get to go first”.

I hold up my black card and tell her, “that doesn’t mean anything to me and the line is behind me. “

I do believe those were death stares I was getting from her on the tender. :D

My guess is she is just as rude off the ship as she was on.

I would rather be the last one to board the tender. Last on First off, less time crammed in the front, back, or roasting in the sun when not moving.

I am 'young' for Elite but do not expect to be treated any differently at bars or public areas of the ship. All we really care about is the Laundry, Internet, and nightly cocktail parties. Lately have been booking suites for double credit and get most of those amenities anyway. Now we can't seem to downgrade.

What really cracks me up is when you see things for sale that are obviously stolen. Cocktail menus anyone?

Someone's offering 17 bars of soap -- 17!! Also, judging from the looks of the packaging, it's not very new soap. However, given that shower gel seems to be replacing bar soap onboard, this could actually be quite a useful little purchase.

You can have my old one; no charge. LOL

As for pins, we've never worn ours and I have no clue what happened to any of them. Also the stickers we get from each cruise. I just dump them immediately.

Pia;

I'll pick it up from you in October.....:):):)

Bob

I had no idea such things were being sold on eBay :D

I currently have a nice thick princess bathrobe in the Goodwill bag. I shall now remove said robe and try to sell on ebay. I will also retain said slippers with sea witch logo and hope to sell those as well. I will throw in some bottles of eucalyptus shower gels and shampoos which are only two years old, and throw in some old, used cruise cards, gold and platinum status. Do you think I could get $1,000 for the set? :D

Oh, I have complete sets of menus AND authentic Princess Patters too!

Lol

This thread is getting nuts! New cruisers are actually nervous about trying Princess because of the comments! I know that status snobs do exist, and I've encountered maybe 1 or 2 out of all of my cruises but as some others have said, 99% are fabulous and kind and just enjoying the cruising experience! Don't worry newbies; you're going to have a fantastic time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This thread is getting nuts! New cruisers are actually nervous about trying Princess because of the comments! I know that status snobs do exist, and I've encountered maybe 1 or 2 out of all of my cruises but as some others have said, 99% are fabulous and kind and just enjoying the cruising experience! Don't worry newbies; you're going to have a fantastic time!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I concur! But, I hope that any of the newbies who read this will read through the bs and between the lines and realize that most of us have a sense of humor and represent the majority.

Now, about those of you who are itching to unload your treats on Ebay...I'll be on the Crown the first week of April and will be missing that Eucalyptus LOTION something awful.....bring it on down, hang it in one of those cheesy bags at my door....please

CC readers are a fraction of all cruisers and all CC readers don't read this thread.

I doubt most could give a hoot.

I actually get a little embarrassed when someone asks if this is our first cruise. First answer we give is a simple, "no" but if pressed we do tell the truth. A lot of people don't believe us.
I agree. On my cruise in January, the person organizing the M&G went around the room and had each person state how many cruises they'd been on. When they got to me, I said that I didn't know and it didn't matter. And, it doesn't. I really don't keep track of the number of cruises I've taken on four different lines. It's just not an important statistic to me and I could care less. I also don't walk around looking at the color of people's cruise cards and I have a hard time understanding the reasons why anyone would. I'm on a cruise and very thankful I am. I know I'm lucky to be able to cruise as I do. :)

People should actually be jealous of the folks with BLUE cards. They are the lucky ones who are getting to experience their first cruise! You only get to do that once and it's really a wonderful experience.

People should actually be jealous of the folks with BLUE cards. They are the lucky ones who are getting to experience their first cruise! You only get to do that once and it's really a wonderful experience.

Plus they get alot more ugrades too. :rolleyes: :eek: