Heads Up : Guest Comment Cards Going Online !

Andy

Does anyone else like filling out the email survey better than doing the survey on the ship?

LuLu

~~~

Hi LuLu,

I've tried the online survey. That I recall, it's along the same lines of the onboard paper survey. 3 things I like about online : 1) It's one less thing to do on the next to last day of the cruise. 2) Personally, I'd rather be at my PC and share my insights, than filling in circles on a form. 3) I like that less paper is used.

Forgive if this has been mentioned already.

New statement in today's Daily:

In Celebrity's continued effort to Sace the Waves, we are no longer delivering the Guest Questionnaire to staterooms. All guests over the age of 18 who have provided us with their email address will now receive an email invitation to participate in an on line questionnaire on the day of departure. You will have one week to complete tge survey after leaving the ship . You may access the questionnaire on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or other devises (sic). The questionnaire will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

As can be seen from the spelling mistake, I'm not sure if the above is accurate.

Royal Caribbean said the same when they introduced it in December.

It turned out though that it was only sent to the person holding the booking, NOT all adults over 18. Further, unlike the previous survey it wasn't sent to all cabins. I booked together and adults in the other cabin didn't get the survey. When I checked with the help desk they said it was just sent to the person who made the booking.

I wasn't criticising you cruisestitch, I was referring to the sic on "devises" indicating it was misspelt at source.

The point was that just because it's in the daily, or said by Celebrity, doesn't make it accurate. I was pointing out that Royal Caribbean told us the same onboard when it was introduced there. However, when we received the survey, what they told us was not true... and I would expect Celebrity to use the same mechanism, so expect what they also told you above not to be true.

Yes, it was spelled wrong in the Saily the first time the notice appeared. The second time devices was spelled correctly, so somebody caught the error. In any case, paper evaluation forms were not provided.

I'm working on tring to get Guest Relations to grant all B2B guests some free Internet minutes in order to fill out the survey. Will let everyone know if that campaign is successful.

A lot of merit to that argument.

It'd need two things:

1) access to the e-mail link to complete the survey

2) unblocking (giving free access) to the site the survey is hosted on.

If they do the second, then it would be available to everyone, not just B2Bers (although you wouldn't have the survey link before the cruise was over, so not much use to others).

Neither are insurmountable, so good luck with that. :-)

Does anyone else like filling out the email survey better than doing the survey on the ship?

LuLu

~~~

We certainly do. I am amazed that it has taken so long to make the change. Paper surveys are rare these days.

I do agree that it would be good to have free on line access for those staying on board or for anyone wanting to complete the survey before departing the ship. Although I never have liked the idea that one completes the survey before the cruise is 100% over. Celebrity will now receive feedback on the last morning and the disembarkation experience. Thus may lead to improvements in this process.

The Celebrity site is a free link from the ship.You don't need to register for minutes to get it.Why not just attach the survey to the "My Celebrity" section so that it could be completed there? Naturally,one would need to register with Celebrity for access,but that too is free. Seem that the structure is basically there to do it.

Update. Currently B2B on Solstice. We are to receive a $10 oBC for the purpose of buying Internet time to full out the survey. I did my survey today. It took 13 minutes.

But I would still have to "buy" the time? No thanks. I know myself well enough to realize that after I finished the survey. I'd go check my email, read the news, maybe catch a glance at one of my favorite forums.

I know my weaknesses. I'll fill out the survey when I get home, thank you. And DH doesn't even know how to answer my smartphone, let alone deal with a survey using it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

just back from the 03/22 eclipse 2-week cruise (review will follow).

got the new online feedback form as well. here are my 50cts:

+ no/very long timeout, started in the evening at the hotel, fell asleep, was able to continue the next morning

+ no space issues as before on paper

+ took electronic notes anyway to make sure we wouldn't forget any feedback we wanted to save for the comment card during the cruise and it was relatively easy to transfer them.

+ good change, going with the times

- there is no grand overview about the questions as with the paper comment card. never knew which question was yet to come, had to go "back" several times to reuse a very generic form field for particular feedback.

- the "save the waves" reference has got to be the joke of the day. we got literally spammed as never before by daily shopping, diamonds, art-auction-scam type papers (always in nice envelopes). same applies to the photo gallery printing everything and throwing 99% away due to the inflated pricing.

- based on the passenger demographics this time around, which skewed towards nursing-home, i'm not so sure whether some feedback may be lost.

based on the link, the whole thing is running on a third party website/commercial customer feedback company website (medallia).

would we have been back to back cruisers, first thing i would have clarified is whether the link is exempt from the onboard internet charges as it is definitely not part of the celebrity website.

regards,

cavok

Edited by cavok

Got off Silhouette yesterday and did NOT receive on-line survey. So I just called Capt. Club to get the link www.celebritycruises.com\esurvey. Provided all relevant Celebrity info and next page says Celebrity in the upper left hand corner BUT questions asked related to Royal Caribbean experience. On hold right now to speak to Celebrity rep. Anyone else notice this? Hope it's not another one of their IT Dept. screw-ups.

Latest update from solstice

Offer to B2B passengers to put $10 into onboard account to purchase internet time has been rescinded

If you want to use your own minutes to do the survey, they might or might not replace the minutes used

A computer has been provided in an unused office so that ones own minutes don't have to be used. This appears to be a local decision valid on this ship only.

They are awaiting further guidance from Miami on the best way to make the survey available to b2b guests. It appears that this online survey was rolled out w/o realizing the implications for those passengers. What else is new.

They are awaiting further guidance from Miami on the best way to make the survey available to b2b guests. It appears that this online survey was rolled out w/o realizing the implications for those passengers.

Makes you wonder who in Miami thinks up these NEW ideas.

Have they ever been on a cruise?

Edited by upwarduk

Makes you wonder who in Miami thinks up these NEW ideas.

Have they ever been on a cruise?

You do realize that Princess has been doing this for at least several years?

And that paper surveys are becoming extinct?

Edited by jagoffee

I hope I'm not the only one to see the irony of this. A company that can barely maintain a functioning website and finds it near impossible to respond to emails, soliciting feedback on their customer service by electronic means?

I like the idea of doing it online but think that only having one week after your cruise may be too thin a time frame, especially if you are doing a B2B or staying on at a destination.

As was commented on earlier, I rarely get any communication from X and no-one at X can figure out why. On the last Caribbean cruise in March, I didn't get the electronic survey at all but my fellow friends did. Until X can fix the internet communication I prefer the paper version and completing it on board while everything is fresh is my mind.

Offer to B2B passengers to put $10 into onboard account to purchase internet time has been rescinded

If you want to use your own minutes to do the survey, they might or might not replace the minutes used

A computer has been provided in an unused office so that ones own minutes don't have to be used. This appears to be a local decision valid on this ship only.

They are awaiting further guidance from Miami on the best way to make the survey available to b2b guests. It appears that this online survey was rolled out w/o realizing the implications for those passengers. What else is new.

You mean they didn't think it through before implementing it? LOL, According to some here these management teams always know what they're doing, they've done their research.

You mean they didn't think it through before implementing it? LOL, According to some here these management teams always know what they're doing, they've done their research.

It really should be a very simple fix for their IT guy to change the setting pint he routers to allow the survey website like they allow the Celebrity website without charge. My limited IT knowledge seems you just log in to your system and enter the web address as an allowed open web page on the same list as celebrity.com

It's honestly quite peculiar that they haven't sorted this simple resolution out....

Has it been discussed what to do if you have not received yours? We are just back from the Summit and I haven't received it. Two of the relatives did, but one other sister hasn't.

Edited by kannna

Sadly, I just don't find this at all surprising