Princess All Inclusive Beverage Package

Cruiselover1951

As has become known, Princess has introduced an "All inclusive Beverage Package" including alcohol as of March/April 1 2014 on most ships for $49 +15% per day

There is nothing about this on the Princess Web site. A google search reveals contradicting information as to whether all adults in the stateroom have to purchase the package or whether that is not required.

This has some importance to me on an impending sailing on the Royal Princess, as my wife has a medical condition that makes her unable to tolerate any alcohol, and thus the package would be wasted on her, whereas I would like to take advantage of the package. I am OKto be told we have to buy the "Soft drinks & more package" for her. I can even bring a letter from her doctor to the effect that she can not drink alcohol!

I called Princess and spoke to a rep who read off a screen to the effect "Each person has to purchase their own individual package" which she took to mean that it was not mandatory for both persons to purchase the package.

But knowing from hard learned experience, that answers from Princess call center don't always turn out to be correct once on the ship, I wonder whether anyone has information about whether Princess require all adults staying in the same stateroom to purchase the alcohol package or whether only one (of 2) is allowed.

For one thing, if I can purchase the package I do not intend to bring the allowed 2 bottles of wine with me.

As has become known, Princess has introduced an "All inclusive Beverage Package" including alcohol as of March/April 1 2014 on most ships for $49 +15% per day

...I called Princess and spoke to a rep who read off a screen to the effect "Each person has to purchase their own individual package" which she took to mean that it was not mandatory for both persons to purchase the package.

This is correct. When they were testing the package, anyone over 21 in the cabin was required to purchase the package. Once it was rolled out to the fleet, that stipulation has changed. As usual, whenever anything is "unlimited," it can't/shouldn't be shared but you can get one and your wife doesn't have to.

There have been posts by people on several ships saying the policy was changed and each adult had the choice to buy or not. It was no longer a cabin wide decision

That was not the case on recent Emerald cruises....each had to buy the package. I asked the seller of them

That was not the case on recent Emerald cruises....each had to buy the package. I asked the seller of them

As usual, Princess policy seems to vary from ship to ship and many times from voyage to voyage. Lol. :D

We just go with the flow. :cool:

I spoke with the F&B (Food and Beverage) Director on the Emerald Princess who confirmed that their policy was that both people had to purchase it but said that he and others in his position wished Princess would implement consistent P&P (policies and procedures) because these discrepancies made it difficult for passengers to experience a consistent Princess experience.

Yep!

I spoke with the F&B (Food and Beverage) Director on the Emerald Princess who confirmed that their policy was that both people had to purchase it but said that he and others in his position wished Princess would implement consistent P&P (policies and procedures) because these discrepancies made it difficult for passengers to experience a consistent Princess experience.

Yep!

Yep! So true.

The problem with the beverage package is that there is no information on the Princess website that describes the program's terms and conditions. Therefore, whatever has been posted can only be taken as what happened in the past on that ship. There is no guarantee what will be the case on the next cruise on that ship or on another ship. That is a very frustrating practice with Princess.

I won't go into detail, but there is contradicting information regarding the ability to carryon wine and the new policy has uneven implementation.

There is also no information on the Princess Wine Bottle Package on the website and the package has not always been offered when it should have been.

What is it with Princess and their alcohol packages and policies??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The problem with the beverage package is that there is no information on the Princess website that describes the program's terms and conditions. Therefore, whatever has been posted can only be taken as what happened in the past on that ship. There is no guarantee what will be the case on the next cruise on that ship or on another ship. That is a very frustrating practice with Princess.

I won't go into detail, but there is contradicting information regarding the ability to carryon wine and the new policy has uneven implementation.

There is also no information on the Princess Wine Bottle Package on the website and the package has not always been offered when it should have been.

What is it with Princess and their alcohol packages and policies??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You're right, always confusing!

Yep!

When was your cruise? Do you think it is possible that they have since changed the policy on the Emerald?

When was your cruise? Do you think it is possible that they have since changed the policy on the Emerald?
I think it's entirely possible. We've done enough B2B cruises to know that things change from one to the next with great frequency. For example, the ability to purchase any of the featured drinks in the Elite lounge for $5 disappeared from the Emerald Princess in January. From then on it was only the drink of the day. But we've seen that one go back and forth in the past.

But, as of 12 days ago (has it been that long?), the policy was as I stated above.

I think it's entirely possible. We've done enough B2B cruises to know that things change from one to the next with great frequency. For example, the ability to purchase any of the featured drinks in the Elite lounge for $5 disappeared from the Emerald Princess in January. From then on it was only the drink of the day. But we've seen that one go back and forth in the past.

But, as of 12 days ago (has it been that long?), the policy was as I stated above.

Thanks. That is very recent.

Thank you for all the feed-back

(I want to apologize after now seeing multiple threads on this topic, I did a search on the main Cruise Critic page and nothing came up - should have done it on the Princess Thread - sorry!)

Based on responses here and on other threads, it is still unclear whether there is a unifoirm policy as some state that the policy has changed and that there no longer is a "all person must buy it" mandate and name ships and sailings where that was the case (including Royal) and others have written that during that same time they were required to buy 2 packages (i.e. Ruby and Emrald).

I actually emailed Princess custumer service, and wouldn't you know, I got the opposite information in their written response than was told to me over the phone!

From: theiden@princesscruises.com [mailto:theiden@princesscruises.com]

On Behalf Of customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:15 PM

To: Cruiselover1951

Subject: Re: Unlimitted Beverage Package

Thank you kindly for your inquiry regarding your future travel plans aboard a Princess Cruise ship.

As per your inquiry about a package offer for unlimited adult beverages, we are excited to share with you that we have successfully rolled out a similar program that we currently refer to as

"All-Inclusive Beverage Package". At this time, current sales of the All-Inclusive beverage package to individuals only takes place aboard the ship. Princess is currently assessing this program and we are hoping to make it available pre-cruise or via the cruise-personalizer and special services in the near future.

Pricing currently is set at USD $49 + 15% gratuity per person, per day. Princess reserves the rights for changes on this packages, including the price.

Current conditions to this program. (Subject to change)

Packages can only be purchased on a full-voyage basis

Packages are only available on voyages 7 days in length or long

All adult passengers travelling together in a stateroom must purchase the all-inclusive package.

Minors linked to adults purchasing the package (whether in the same or separate stateroom) must purchase the 'Unlimited Soda & More' package (Children 6 years and under are exempt).

(The bolding is theirs)

So there you go!

My plan is to get the individual Unlimted beverage plan if possible to get without having to buy 2, my contingency is to go for the wine-package if my wife is required to buy the package as well. If that package is not available (which I have seen happen) I will suck it up and pay - no matter what it ends up being, it will not impact my anticipted enjoyment of the cruise - I I feel fairly warned that it can go whichever way!

I just got off the Emerald Princess on the 8th. Although I did not purchase the beverage package several in our group did. And yes if one person in a cabin purchased it it is required that the other adult must also purchase it. On a 10 day cruise it was just over a $1,000.00 for the couple which includes the 15% gratuity.

I just got off the Emerald Princess on the 8th. Although I did not purchase the beverage package several in our group did. And yes if one person in a cabin purchased it it is required that the other adult must also purchase it. On a 10 day cruise it was just over a $1,000.00 for the couple which includes the 15% gratuity.

Wow, that's practically another cruise! :eek:

I think it just encourages over drinking to get 'your money's worth'. :(

in jan. on the grand to hawaii, i was told the wine packages were being discontinued, had to go to the MD and finally F&BM to get it. They reluctantly caved. You never know with Princess as the R hand doesn't know what the L hand is doing.

in jan. on the grand to hawaii, i was told the wine packages were being discontinued, had to go to the MD and finally F&BM to get it. They reluctantly caved. You never know with Princess as the R hand doesn't know what the L hand is doing.

Spyro,

I was asked this very question on my live from thread during our March series of B2B's on the Grand. So I went to the wine display outside the HC and talked to the guy.

They were selling the wine package. They even had the little cards you get when you buy one.

so in Jan they weren't, and in March they were. Same ship different F&B manager?

Consistency does seem to be a problem across the line.

Oh and yes they were selling the drink package, and every adult in the cabin did have to purchase one, and there were several people who bought one. I just can't imagine drinking more than 3 or 4 drinks a day, plus the mini-bar, never mind 6 or 7!

BTW - I used to purchase the coke card and after getting way too hopped up on caffeine one trip, quit doing it.

For what its worth,

On Ruby a few weeks ago each passenger had the choice to purchase the package, and the cruise was under 7 days...

Available today on Ruby -- which is a 5 day cruise.

$49 per person per day, plus 15%

Only one person need buy, not all occupants of a cabin.