Guess The Next Promotion Name !!

curtdesilets

So we had "Pick Your Perk" "1,2,3-Go" and now "Take 2".

It's sort of like the sales at Macy's...another sale every week.

I'm getting a little tired of all of the excessive advertising on these "promotions", which are really just a marketing ploy.

So what's the next one?

"Pick Your Nose"

"Take 5 minutes"

"1,2,3,4,5,6,gosh this is getting old"

I just want the beverage package! That's all I care about. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It seems that the latest perk,"Take 2", does not offer the drink package as a freebie. Celebrity might be rethinking that one.

BTW, Mike, we are neighbors.

"Make you crazy!"

I agree, I am sick of these constant "deals" and goofy pricing moves. Offering me a cruise for $1899 with $200 OBC or for $1699 with no OBC? What? Does Celebrity think we're stupid?

On top of that, since Google tracks everything we do (i.e. writing things on Cruise Critic) , those little Celebrity ads come up wherever I browse. I'm pretty sick of them. :mad:

Hey now. The marketing folks want to keep their jobs ! If they go with "Pick Your Nose", I guarantee that someone's getting fired :)

On a serious note, the promo name means little to me. I wish they'd spend more time and energy on maintaining the wonderful cruise experience we've loved and appreciated from Celebrity over the years.

It seems that the latest perk,"Take 2", does not offer the drink package as a freebie. Celebrity might be rethinking that one.

BTW, Mike, we are neighbors.

Hey neighbor..very cool! I don't see too many others from Long Beach here.

I see RCI is giving 50% off the 2nd person in a cabin. Since i pay double for a single will I get a discount? Not going on Royal but if they do it, successfully, maybe X will do it too?

Kinda of like the junk mail that shows up in our cabins, I review and toss.

Just got off Holland America, they had a new one on booking future cruise credits, $100 deposite for cruises 10 days or less, $XXX for 10- 15 days, $XXX for more than 10 days, and if you one purchased a cruise on board one received double on board credits. On a 14 day TA, received marketing on this almost every day. Guess it was not catching on. We purchased our usual $100 pp future booking credit only.

Our next cruise is on Celebrity, so bringing myself up to day on X these days.

All lines doing the same thing, cut backs and marketing to sell as much as possible...

Hope they don't give up on the Classic Drink Package freebie. This is the one 'bonus' that locks me into X unless their pricing gets crazy. We used to compare Princess, NCL, and X (NCL not so much unless it is a suite) and make a decision for our winter week long Carib cruise based on value. The drink package throw in makes it a no brainer for us. Even after purchase of upgrade to package it represents maybe a 700 dollar value for us as well as being wonderfully convenient.

There is something about getting this 'freebie' that makes it seductive (yes I know there is no such thing as a free lunch but a free drink...).We

evaluated the drink package before and frankly could not see committing to 700 bucks upgraded or whatever it is for the week. Maybe someone wouldn't be feeling well to drink much or we would feel under 'pressure'

to drink our moneys worth. No such 'hang-ups' with the bonus package.

We used to evaluate fare differences of maybe 150-200 per person to make a decision betyween different lines but the drink package wipes out the interest in looking. If this is X's intent they have been successful with us. JMHO

I see RCI is giving 50% off the 2nd person in a cabin. Since i pay double for a single will I get a discount? Not going on Royal but if they do it, successfully, maybe X will do it too?

I like this sale... hopefully Celebrity will copy it.

Now this is one "sale" we like. I actually have Liberty of the Seas - October 22, 2015 out of Cape Liberty on hold. We never book cruises this early but 50% off second person is a great deal. The price will come out to $93.16 per person per day and that's for one of their Inside Promenade Cabins.

We sailed Explorer this past March in the same cabin. RCCL is slowly winning us over. Especially since we get Diamond Perks as we are Elite + on Celebrity.

Edited by CruisingChick

It seems like all of the deals they come up with lately make me give up my drink package to take advantage. I have to determine the true value of the drink package for us and then figure out when or if to take the special discounted fare. I know I'm driving my TA crazy checking if the offers are combinable.

"Make you crazy!"

I agree, I am sick of these constant "deals" and goofy pricing moves. Offering me a cruise for $1899 with $200 OBC or for $1699 with no OBC? What? Does Celebrity think we're stupid?

I agree!

I kept re- reading it, thinking it couldn't be that stupid. :p

"Make you crazy!"

You may want to recheck your numbers. I did look at every cruise, but I recall if you took the OBC option it was a greater amount than the discount.

Hope they don't give up on the Classic Drink Package freebie. This is the one 'bonus' that locks me into X unless their pricing gets crazy. We used to compare Princess, NCL, and X (NCL not so much unless it is a suite) and make a decision for our winter week long Carib cruise based on value. The drink package throw in makes it a no brainer for us. Even after purchase of upgrade to package it represents maybe a 700 dollar value for us as well as being wonderfully convenient.

There is something about getting this 'freebie' that makes it seductive (yes I know there is no such thing as a free lunch but a free drink...).We

evaluated the drink package before and frankly could not see committing to 700 bucks upgraded or whatever it is for the week. Maybe someone wouldn't be feeling well to drink much or we would feel under 'pressure'

to drink our moneys worth. No such 'hang-ups' with the bonus package.

We used to evaluate fare differences of maybe 150-200 per person to make a decision betyween different lines but the drink package wipes out the interest in looking. If this is X's intent they have been successful with us. JMHO

Book on board and you can keep getting the Pick Your Perk (until they change it). Seems like a good reason to always booking while on board.

You may want to recheck your numbers. I did look at every cruise, but I recall if you took the OBC option it was a greater amount than the discount.

Book on board and you can keep getting the Pick Your Perk (until they change it). Seems like a good reason to always booking while on board.

We tried talking to somebody at Future Cruise Sales a couple of times, but it was always so busy that we finally gave up.

So we had "Pick Your Perk" "1,2,3-Go" and now "Take 2".

It's sort of like the sales at Macy's...another sale every week.

I'm getting a little tired of all of the excessive advertising on these "promotions", which are really just a marketing ploy.

So what's the next one?

"Pick Your Nose"

"Take 5 minutes"

"1,2,3,4,5,6,gosh this is getting old"

But most of the time the Macy' s coupons don't apply to whatever I want to buy!

Hey now. The marketing folks want to keep their jobs ! If they go with "Pick Your Nose", I guarantee that someone's getting fired :)

On a serious note, the promo name means little to me. I wish they'd spend more time and energy on maintaining the wonderful cruise experience we've loved and appreciated from Celebrity over the years.

Totally agree with you Andy.....fewer promos in exchange for consistent and excellent quality.

But most of the time the Macy' s coupons don't apply to whatever I want to buy!

Neither do the Celebrity promos. They don't apply if you book an inside cabin. I feel very discriminated against. We love inside cabins. Why should we not be able to take advantage of PYP or 123 Go, etc. just because we want an inside cabin.