Price Increase - Bistro on 5 & Specialities

*kittykate*

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of the price changes for Specialty Dining. This first price is the previous price, followed by the new price.

Here's a tip ! I'm hearing that if you purchase Specialty Dining online, you can still obtain the old pricing, but I'm unsure how long this will continue. Hope the tip offers savings.

As always, please note that all information is subject to change. Hope the information is helpful !

Murano $45 / $50

Tuscan Grille $ 35 / $45

Qsine $ 45 / $45

Lawn Club Grill $ 40 / $ 45

Silk Harvest $ 30 / $ 35

Bistro on $5 $ 5 / $ 7

The Porch $ 5 / $ 7

Changes are effective on the following dates :

==============================

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the dining packages increased in price as well, or just single visits as you've posted?

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the dining packages increased in price as well, or just single visits as you've posted?

Hi Beav,

I've not heard heard anything about the dining packages. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread.

Tuscan was $30 in late October, 2012. We got in right before the leap to $35.

$30 to $45 in less than two years is quite the increase.

Higher prices reduce the bottom line impact of the much talked about discounts on board. Just a thought.

Not if you want to pick your own restaurant it isn't. We had zero interest in Silk Harvest and that would have been part of any prepurchased package

Obviously, It depends on the ship you will be sailing on. If you don't like the dining options in the package, then that is a personal decision.

As I stated, it was clearly a financial deciding factor if the package was a good value. Sorry you didn't understand the context the post was intended to convey.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I think if you want quality food...your options of Azamara or Oceania appear better and better...as that "basic" pre-paid level of food/cost per passenger is higher. I do love and cruise X....but the "nickel and diming" is really getting to be over the top...IMO. What do you all think??? I do love my "perks" on X...as a "valued" cruiser"...but I do have to really "sharpen my pencil" to see what is really the most cost effective way to cruise...if food/drink etc. matters to you. And I think it does, to most of us?

A good topic for discussion, don't you think? What should the "bottom line" pay for...and what is that for each of us??? I guess the "bottom line" is a bed and a meal...but then what???? and then how do you "add to the bottom line".....LuAnn

I don't really understand the concept of paying twice for food. $45 each is a very high cost for food especially when one considers you've ready paid for as much food as you can eat on board anyway. Seems silly to me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

X has been and continues to be our favourite cruise line. There are many factors that go into the decision as to which cruiseline and ship is chosen for a particular vacation such as itinerary, accompanying guests, etc.

With regard to the dining experience, we have found the food in MDR has become mediocre at best over the past 15 years we've been Xcruising...certainly no longer exceeding expectations. We have enjoyed Murano,etc. and Tuscan Grill often, and thought Blu was the answer for a nice meal in a great setting. Recent so-so dinners in Blu have caused us to think otherwise. The prospect of spending more and more (as the fees rapidly increase) to dine well on X gives us reason to pause.

We love X and will continue to cruise X. However, we will tend to look more at cruising Azamara and Oceania as X makes changes that, from our perspective, decrease the relative affordability of X versus these other choices.

The cruise lines make decisions for their best interest and we all must do likewise.

Happy sailing!!

Edited by OuiOnboard

I don't really understand the concept of paying twice for food. $45 each is a very high cost for food especially when one considers you've ready paid for as much food as you can eat on board anyway. Seems silly to me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Which is why it's great to have the choice to do what each guest wants. For the ones that feel it's a waste to book specialty dining then they can pass.:)

We ate in Tuscan on Equinox on our last sailing, not impressed. The filet was wonderful, the ribeye was inedible. Service was definitely not as good as MDR. We enjoyed Bistro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously, It depends on the ship you will be sailing on. If you don't like the dining options in the package, then that is a personal decision.

As I stated, it was clearly a financial deciding factor if the package was a good value. Sorry you didn't understand the context the post was intended to convey.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I fully understood what you said, I just don't agree. You can do better onboard and get restaurants that you want and use OBC.

I can live the the $2 increase for Bistro but I thought the other restaurants were over priced to being with. If Celebrity can book these restaurants at a higher price good for them.

I agree with you and that goes for all the other lines as well. I've only used the a la carte venues, which I thought those were very fairly priced.

I can't believe Silk Harvest gets away with charging that much for basically PF Changs. They should at least make it authentic.

I agree with you and that goes for all the other lines as well. I've only used the a la carte venues, which I thought those were very fairly priced.

I can't believe Silk Harvest gets away with charging that much for basically PF Changs. They should at least make it authentic.

Frankly, I don't think it's anywhere near as good as PF Changs. We ate there once and that was enough.

Just got on Eclipse & been told Bistro on 5 is now $7pp, Quisine & Tuscan Grill gone up to $45 & Murano $50. The three speciality restaurants package for $104 seems a better deal now.

It seems a few things are going up, some of the drinks have apparently gone up as well which means they are not in the classic package any more.:(

It seems a few things are going up, some of the drinks have apparently gone up as well which means they are not in the classic package any more.:(

You are so right. Jack Daniels was $6.00 on Summit in January, & $8.50 on Silhouette last week. That's over a 40% increase!

BTW, unless I missed it, I haven't seem anything about the cost of the Normandie, Oceanliners, etc., on the M class ships. I would assume that they will be increased accordingly?

Edited by richsea

BTW, unless I missed it, I haven't seem anything about the cost of the Normandie, Oceanliners, etc., on the M class ships. I would assume that they will be increased accordingly?

Those restaurants on the M class ships have the EXACT same menu as Murano on the Century and S class ships. Therefore their price is now $50 pp.

The pre-pay option is far better a deal than any discount you may stumble upon.

The on board deals are there if quiet just ask, 30% 40% even 50% is available on some trips.

Last year on Silhouette they did a 4 evening(1 of each) 2 bfast(porch) and two lunch(bisto) $89 for Aqua pax (all eat any day availability),

Far cheaper than any prepaid deal available

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of the price changes for Specialty Dining. This first price is the previous price, followed by the new price.

Here's a tip ! I'm hearing that if you purchase Specialty Dining online, you can still obtain the old pricing, but I'm unsure how long this will continue. Hope the tip offers savings.

As always, please note that all information is subject to change. Hope the information is helpful !

Murano $45 / $50

Tuscan Grille $ 35 / $45

Qsine $ 45 / $45

Lawn Club Grill $ 40 / $ 45

Silk Harvest $ 30 / $ 35

Bistro on $5 $ 5 / $ 7

The Porch $ 5 / $ 7

Thanks, thats what I searched for!

Bistro on 5 has always been a ghost town after the first day. I never could figure that out, as it is a nice place to eat. Now, it will probably be even worse although a $2 increase isn't a deal breaker for me.

AGREED and I don't get this. It's a nice restaurant and on all of our cruises I have never seen it more than half full and even that was rare. How will they attract a crowd now that it is up to $7? What business model is being used here? We used to eat there instead of the buffet but at $7 a pop I doubt we will now.

we will only do Muranos if they offer the "twofers" on the first night to AQ/BLU pax..

we have already booked Lawn Club Grill (at $40 pp) so I expect those prices will not go up for us even if they are increased later...

cruising used to be great b/c so much was included except drinks, spa and shopping...now so many things are extra and escalating. but it is all discretionary so one can cruise without running up alot of extras if the budget dictates that!

To me Qsine is T.G.I.F with an upgrade for technology and entertainment. As for the food even with the 20% discount it wasn't worth the money.

I have also noticed very empty additional fare restaurants.

A high % of the few Bistro on 5 customers are staff members.

The business model of alienating your long-term clientele and sending them elsewhere..
It's important to have a plan .:rolleyes:

AGREED and I don't get this. It's a nice restaurant and on all of our cruises I have never seen it more than half full and even that was rare. How will they attract a crowd now that it is up to $7? What business model is being used here? We used to eat there instead of the buffet but at $7 a pop I doubt we will now.
I actually believe the plan is to count on short memories and new cruisers. Sad but not really a bad strategy.

Mgmt will say they are only following industry trends except since it's basically a duopoly they are the industry.

Food prices go up and who should pay??? Wonder if the majority would rather Celebrity raise the cruise fare to everyone or just raise the prices to those that use the specialty restaurants through a price raise to eat there.

Food prices always go up . We see it all the time at the super market ,whether it be direct price per item increases & or decreased sizes . That being said why does X need to raise their special restaurant food prices all the time when those who eat there also give up their free meal for the one that is extra costs ;).

With your comment then shouldn't Celebrity give the customer eating in the special restaurant a credit for the free meal that they did not eat ?

Even with the food being (mostly) very good in the specialty restaurants $50 per meal is high. It would be different if they also included a bottle of wine but of course that will never happen. You can eat at very high end places on land for less. They are getting out of control with specialty dining prices. Hopefully the food in the main dining room will stay as good as my last Century cruise. Happy sails....