Rum Runners + Mocktails on the Unlimited Sodas and More package on Princess

dnb925art

I was planning to bring a couple of Rum Runners on my next Princess cruise and this time order the Unlimited Beverages and More package while on the ship.

Has anyone had any experience, say, bringing on some Rum, for example, and then buy a mock cocktail like a Nojito and then basically turning it into a Mojito ;) ?

What are some of the other mock cocktails do they serve which would be great to add either Vodka or Rum (Bacardi Silver since it's clear) since that is what I plan on bringing.

I'll be on Deck 8 (Emerald) near the stairs and very close to the bar on Deck 7 so I can easily get my mocktail, go to my room and add the necessary additions ;)

Edited by dnb925art

i was planning to bring a couple of rum runners on my next princess cruise and this time order the unlimited beverages and more package while on the ship.

Has anyone had any experience, say, bringing on some rum, for example, and then buy a mock cocktail like a nojito and then basically turning it into a mojito ;) ?

What are some of the other mock cocktails do they serve which would be great to add either vodka or rum (bacardi silver since it's clear) since that is what i plan on bringing.

I'll be on deck 8 (emerald) near the stairs and very close to the bar on deck 7 so i can easily get my mocktail, go to my room and add the necessary additions ;)

really.?

I had bottles similar to rumrunners that we used for water on our last cruise, I had them in my backpack coming back to the ship on both Labadee and Cozumel. I guess that I could have had rum in them instead of water if I wanted to.

A very heavy drinker who needed supplies in stateroom as well as at bars throughout the ship would fall into that category.

I am not a heavy drinker, have received the unlimited beverage package as a perk on several cruises, get free drinks nightly as a RCCL Diamond member and I still bring my rumrunners so that I can enjoy my Makers and ice out on the balcony. 3 rumrunners gets me through a 12 night TA. happy cruising

I am not a heavy drinker, have received the unlimited beverage package as a perk on several cruises, get free drinks nightly as a RCCL Diamond member and I still bring my rumrunners so that I can enjoy my Makers and ice out on the balcony. 3 rumrunners gets me through a 12 night TA. happy cruising

The Centers for Disease Control have defined a heavy drinker as a man who regularly has more than 15 drinks per week, or a woman 8 per week. Alternatively a man having 5 in one session or a woman 4 - on any sort of regular basis.i

If you make reasonably full use of an unlimited package - say 15 in one day PLUS the contents of 3 rum runners in 12 days, you ARE a heavy drinker.

Feel free, but do not kid yourself.

I was planning to bring a couple of Rum Runners on my next Princess cruise and this time order the Unlimited Beverages and More package while on the ship.

Has anyone had any experience, say, bringing on some Rum, for example, and then buy a mock cocktail like a Nojito and then basically turning it into a Mojito ;) ?

What are some of the other mock cocktails do they serve which would be great to add either Vodka or Rum (Bacardi Silver since it's clear) since that is what I plan on bringing.

I'll be on Deck 8 (Emerald) near the stairs and very close to the bar on Deck 7 so I can easily get my mocktail, go to my room and add the necessary additions ;)

On our last cruise we had bottle of rum in the room and the Ultimate package. We barely used the combination though. It was just not convenient to get a mocktail and then bring it back to the room to fill it up. We ended up just mixing the rum with the cans of coke in the room and buying mixed drinks or beers while we were out. It takes the fun out of things if you have to run back to the room every time you want a drink.

The Centers for Disease Control have defined a heavy drinker as a man who regularly has more than 15 drinks per week, or a woman 8 per week. Alternatively a man having 5 in one session or a woman 4 - on any sort of regular basis.i

If you make reasonably full use of an unlimited package - say 15 in one day PLUS the contents of 3 rum runners in 12 days, you ARE a heavy drinker.

Feel free, but do not kid yourself.

You missed my point. Even though I have been given the drink package as a perk I would rather sit out on the balcony and drink my own rather than run to the bars all day. I also occasionally skip the nightly C&A and enjoy the sunset with my own drink of choice. Even though I could receive 15 drinks a day at no charge I limit myself to 2 or 3 a day from the bars and 2 from my own package. The question was WHY would someone bring their own when they have a unlimited package, and the answer in my case is convenience. happy cruising

You missed my point. Even though I have been given the drink package as a perk I would rather sit out on the balcony and drink my own rather than run to the bars all day. I also occasionally skip the nightly C&A and enjoy the sunset with my own drink of choice. Even though I could receive 15 drinks a day at no charge I limit myself to 2 or 3 a day from the bars and 2 from my own package. The question was WHY would someone bring their own when they have a unlimited package, and the answer in my case is convenience. happy cruising

Do RCI ships deliver alcoholic drinks by room service or do you have to go to a bar to get one?

Do RCI ships deliver alcoholic drinks by room service or do you have to go to a bar to get one?

I don't think they will deliver any sort of alcoholic drinks without first seeing a seapass card. It's the same reason you can't order pizza with beer - the recipients could be minors. At least if you order a drink on deck they can see you're the one drinking it.

Still doesn't justify the rules violation (that's just an observation and in no way implies anything about anyone's character nor does it mean that I hold myself out as perfect as DW always reminds me that I'm not :) ). I've always purchased a bottle from the ship prior to sailing in order to enjoy a drink in my cabin.

Edited by sparks1093

I am not familiar with RCI's rules but both CCL and NCL exclude room service from their alcohol packages.

I don't think they will deliver any sort of alcoholic drinks without first seeing a seapass card. It's the same reason you can't order pizza with beer - the recipients could be minors. At least if you order a drink on deck they can see you're the one drinking it.

Good point.