Disgusted with RC

I am traveling on the Allure, Western Caribbean, August 10-17 for my 20 year wedding anniversary. I am going with my husband and children ages 19, 16, 6, and 2. My oldest children would love to experience Dunn's River Falls. I was told that we could not go as a group because of my two year old. I had a couple of options. I could stay on the boat with the younger ones and let the older ones go by themselves or let the two year old stay on the boat in the day care, while my husband and I go with the older children. I think this is just disheartening. :mad: My husband and I were going to walk up the sides with the young ones as we enjoyed the older ones take on the climb. I made an official complaint, and I am about ready to lose $1500 of my cruise payment to take my business elsewhere. Is there any excursion for Dunn's River Falls where my entire family could participate and watch?

Natalie

I am traveling on the Allure, Western Caribbean, August 10-17 for my 20 year wedding anniversary. I am going with my husband and children ages 19, 16, 6, and 2. My oldest children would love to experience Dunn's River Falls. I was told that we could not go as a group because of my two year old. I had a couple of options. I could stay on the boat with the younger ones and let the older ones go by themselves or let the two year old stay on the boat in the day care, while my husband and I go with the older children. I think this is just disheartening. :mad: My husband and I were going to walk up the sides with the young ones as we enjoyed the older ones take on the climb. I made an official complaint, and I am about ready to lose $1500 of my cruise payment to take my business elsewhere. Is there any excursion for Dunn's River Falls where my entire family could participate and watch?

Natalie

Simple solution, don't book through the cruise line, book it on your own with a private vendor. Usually cheaper too. Check out the port of call forum for recommendations.

Disgusted with yourself for not checking the restrictions before you booked?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :D

They won't allow your little one in diapers in the pool either because that would disgust the rest of us.

Edited by cruzsnooze

So I have been told since I decided to cruise with my children this time.

Do you really think ANY other cruise line would let your whole family take this excursion?

Really, as I can't see even a local resort booking this for your whole family. Maybe a local company would....

Edited by alfaeric

So let me get this right.......

You are upset with Royal because they are standing behind a safety issue by a vendor for a shore excursion?

Have you considered these rules may be in place for a reason......like your precious little one's well being.

Would you also complain about the cruiseline if you booked a private company and God Forbid something tragic happened?

Just don't be surprised if the independent tour operators don't allow a 2 year old to participate either! Some may and some may not allow.

Thanks!! Many reps said they used to have a nonparticipant fee, someone who would go just to watch...hence the lines of people who walk up the stairs on the side...but they were unsure what happened.