Upgrade Fairy rides again!

I don't post often but I "lurk" quite often. I just have to share my good fortune. We are 4 days away from sailing on the Crown Princess Vancouver to Whittier followed by 4 day "On Your Own" land tour. Our travel agent emailed to tell us that we have received a complimentary upgrade from obstructed view mid aft on Emerald deck to a balcony in the aft section (not aft facing) on Riviera Deck. I'm ecstatic! This is our seventh cruise, but only second on Princess. We've had a balcony twice (Hawaii & Bermuda) but paid for it both times. We didn't get a balcony for Alaska because I thought it was just too expensive! Really excited now! I don't care if I have to wrap in a blanket and clutch a hot cup of tea! I'm going to be out on that balcony, no matter how cold!

I don't post often but I "lurk" quite often. I just have to share my good fortune. We are 4 days away from sailing on the Crown Princess Vancouver to Whittier followed by 4 day "On Your Own" land tour. Our travel agent emailed to tell us that we have received a complimentary upgrade from obstructed view mid aft on Emerald deck to a balcony in the aft section (not aft facing) on Riviera Deck. I'm ecstatic! This is our seventh cruise, but only second on Princess. We've had a balcony twice (Hawaii & Bermuda) but paid for it both times. We didn't get a balcony for Alaska because I thought it was just too expensive! Really excited now! I don't care if I have to wrap in a blanket and clutch a hot cup of tea! I'm going to be out on that balcony, no matter how cold!

Hi, im an MCI in Pittsfield and a Univ of Maine at Farmington grad :) you should have a great time. I have friends on this cruise...Princess is pretty good about upgrading on ships which aren't full. Enjoy your balcony and cruise more with Princess.

Hi, im an MCI in Pittsfield and a Univ of Maine at Farmington grad :) you should have a great time. I have friends on this cruise...Princess is pretty good about upgrading on ships which aren't full. Enjoy your balcony and cruise more with Princess.

My husband is a MCI grad, too! Small world!

We have been upgraded from inside to balcony on our Baltic cruise on Royal. I doubt if we will use the balcony much, but the fresh air and view will be great. We are traveling with our two sons and their families and they are jealous - one because they paid full price for two balcony cabins, the other because they are still inside!

We have an OV booked for a 10 day Mexican Riviera cruise later this year and an inside booked for a 17 day cruise next year. I am certainly hoping for an upgrade (for both cruises!) but don't really have much hope. If it happens it will be great but, if it doesn't happen, we will have GREAT cruises in the rooms we've booked.

Congratulations on your upgrade. I love balcony cabins.

Our last cruise was on the Crown and we too had a balcony near the aft. You will love it! We were just steps to the back pool and HC. It was quiet too! I thought we would have lots of slamming of that aft door but we didn't. Only the two inside rooms near ours and the residents just didn't get it! I watched as they walked out each time and didn't hold the door to help it close. I think they split the family so they were in and out both all the time!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Congratulations! You will LOVE your Balcony while on the Alaska cruise. Princess makes an awesome hot drink called the Monte Chocso. Sip one on your balcony and it will warm you right up!

Congrats! We were upgraded on our last cruise to Alaska from an obstructed view to a deluxe ocean view with balcony. It was great for viewing the glaciers. We bought coffee cards and enjoyed the hot cocoa from the coffee bar beside the International Cafe.