How cold is the air conditioning?

Forestfriend

Hello all!

I'm going to the Caribbean for the first time next week and I'm starting to worry about packing. The thing is, I tend to get cold fairly quickly when buildings are air conditioned. I know it's a good idea to bring a pair of pants or two and a sweater, but will I be going for those every time I go inside, of will it likely not be that cold?

Sorry! I'm sure this seems silly...

Hello all!

I'm going to the Caribbean for the first time next week and I'm starting to worry about packing. The thing is, I tend to get cold fairly quickly when buildings are air conditioned. I know it's a good idea to bring a pair of pants or two and a sweater, but will I be going for those every time I go inside, of will it likely not be that cold?

I also have a tenancy to get cold also.

Two things, that might put you at ease. Bring a nice light wind breaker, & a back pack that you will carry off the ship.

Hope this might help.

You did not say which ship, but on most you can control it in your cabin. I have not found it too cold in the public spaces but that says nothing of your experience. I suggest the same clothing choices others have given. Pack to be prepared.

M

When it comes to cold there are two factors. On is that it varies by ship and most importantly it varies by person. I get cold easier but some will be hot.

It's always best to take something that you can cover up with. That is what my wife does.

Keith

Some of the public areas will be colder than others. Parts of some rooms will be colder than others. If you find you haven't brought what you need, the shops always sell the Bijou Terner fake pashmina shawls for $10, in an infinite selection of colors. EM

They generally keep it in the 72 degree range....you'll be ok!

I can't even imagine.

I sure wouldn't be and I am not. I shiver 24/7 and being in 72* ac without a sweater on, I would be so miserable.

No matter what ship I am on, it is always cold for me. Especially for those that say they tend to be cold a lot.

I can't even imagine.

I sure wouldn't be and I am not. I shiver 24/7 and being in 72* ac without a sweater on, I would be so miserable.

No matter what ship I am on, it is always cold for me. Especially for those that say they tend to be cold a lot.

And I was thinking that 72 sounded downright HOT! :eek:

Also remember that this time of year, the Caribbean is hot and humid in some places. So you will go from one extreme to the other so you may feel cold due to the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wear a sweater on the plane and then I carry a couple of wraps that can be interchanged with outfits. I usually only need them in the dining room and where the production shows are. I am miserable if I get cold. At night, even in the Caribbean when it's windy on the deck at night, I sometimes I get cold. The wraps take up practically no space and I have used them MANY times on the ship.

Hello all!

The two public areas I find cold are the MDR [main dining room] and the theater. I have a shawl/sarong that I bring and just toss over my shoulders if necessary. It usually does the trick and looks nice!

bring some pants and a sweater/jacket. It's always cold in SOME inside area, partly because the AC might be on full blast, but also it seems colder because you just came inside from 80 degree weather.

I am always cold in the theatres and MDRs. The dining rooms are probably coldest because the staff probably are warmer than the guests. As well, it helps turn tables along, if you are cold, the faster you will want to finish dessert and leave! :D