Hot Dogs or Donuts

Do you prefer Hot Dogs or Donuts  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Hot Dogs or Donuts

• Hot Dogs
    • Donuts

So with all the debates about the changes to the Oasis with some of them being a touchy subject lets see how everyone rates the change from Donuts to Hotdogs.

Hopefully not a lot of cotraversy on this topic and one that hopefully no one is going to cancel a cruise over.

My understanding is that donuts will be available in the AM in a self-serve kiosk across from the hotdog stand just like it is on Allure. In that regard I view this as an additional free food venue so it is an improvement.

Voted for donuts.

Had a dog on one of the ships where they had a dog house out by the pool. For the life of me can't remember which ship, just remember it being a huge let down. The dog was warm at best and just didn't live up to expectations.

Can normally get a regular dog in windjammer if wanted.

Maybe will turn out better on the big ships, who knows, but was looking forward to trying some of the famed donuts.

Perhaps we will have to do our own tasting panel with the kids on the Allure Ken:D

Edited by Spurschick

Voted for donuts.

Had a dog on one of the ships where they had a dog house out by the pool. For the life of me can't remember which ship, just remember it being a huge let down. The dog was warm at best and just didn't live up to expectations.

Maybe will turn out better on the big ships, who knows, but was looking forward to trying some of the famed donuts.

Perhaps we will have to do our own tasting panel with the kids on the Allure Ken:D

Maybe the Doghouse is not spectacular (I think the pretzel dogs in the Wipeout Café beat anything in the Doghouse) but there sure was nothing special about the donuts either.

Voted for donuts.

Only Dog House I have seen was on Allure. They serve hot dogs on Enchantment pool buffet, but not good

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

In my opinion, the donuts aren't that good (neither the dough or the icing).

If you only buy megamarket you might think they are ok, but if you frequent any smaller and/or independent bakeries you know that there are a lot better donuts out there. It's unfortunate because Dunkin Donuts are not mixed fresh, and yet they produce a decent donut (when compared to Royal).

In general (again, in my opinion), lots of the pastries/donuts on cruise ships are kind of average. Making *fresh* good ones is time consuming and expensive (comparatively speaking). Thankfully I don't cruise for pastries..

Throw enough toppings/sauces on a hot dog and even the average ones taste ok.

Edited by JasonV1

Only Dog House I have seen was on Allure. They serve hot dogs on Enchantment pool buffet, but not good

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think, if my memory serves me correct, it was the Mariner. They have a boardwalk hotdog house outside by the pool. It wasn't a poolside buffet but proper dog dedicated eatery

Hot dogs! I hear the dog house is pretty good.

Every RCI donut Ive tried has been pretty bad.

The Dog Haus has been my boarding day secret twice now. Then I go to Park Cafe for a Roast beef sandwich just before Muster when there is no boarding day line.