C1 to FV 'downgrade' - would you do it?

hasentreelake

We (DW and I) will be sailing next June on Constellation. We originally had a C1 cabin aft (8185) and were 'wait-listed' for a Family Veranda. Well, even these many months in advance, FV was cleared and we were offered the 'downgrade' to FV 7204. We took it, but on second thought, I had my TA call and ask for FV 7202 and we are now in 7202 - the FV that is corner aft.

So we saved a bit of money on the downgrade to a bigger room with larger balcony. We lose the C1 amenities. Maybe 7202 has taken a bit more wear and tear being a family cabin(?).

I'm starting to wonder.... did we make the right move?

8185_7202_zpsf43e14d1.png

We (DW and I) will be sailing next June on Constellation. We originally had a C1 cabin aft (8185) and were 'wait-listed' for a Family Veranda. Well, even these many months in advance, FV was cleared and we were offered the 'downgrade' to FV 7204. We took it, but on second thought, I had my TA call and ask for FV 7202 and we are now in 7202 - the FV that is corner aft.

So we saved a bit of money on the downgrade to a bigger room with larger balcony. We lose the C1 amenities. Maybe 7202 has taken a bit more wear and tear being a family cabin(?).

I'm starting to wonder.... did we make the right move?

8185_7202_zpsf43e14d1.png

We are in 7202 this January on a B2B. We are totally psyched. I can't imagine a better location other than the penthouse!

Oh my goodness. I would pay big bucks for a corner FV over CC. Have been in all classes of Concierge as well as several times in a corner FV. Absolutely no comparison. The CC amenities are worthless to us. Take the "downgrade" LOL and run.

Edited by ECCruise

On our B2B we had a C1 cabin for the first leg and moved to a corner FV for the second. I'm glad it was in that order because it would have been very difficult leaving the FV to go to the C1 although we love both. We loved bringing our lunch back to eat out on the veranda. Make the most of it. :)

We did the same thing on the Summit this past April. Even the same cabins. We went from 8185 to 7202 when they released the FV's. It was worth giving up the extra points and small amenities for the larger cabin and balcony.

I'm not so sure I would do it if it wasn't a corner.

Enjoy your cruise and corner FV aft.

After just a few Celebrity Cruises, Mr Sloop & I have decided we are dedicated aft-ers especially on M-Class Ships.

We were in 7206 on The Summit (Concierge Class C1) and although we loved it very much... We quickly met our neighbours and were clearly jealous of the digs in 7204 & 7202

I think you made a great choice

Congratulations in getting this offered to you, consider it an upgrade. Bonus !!

And if you paid less, then.... Double Bonus !!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'd take it.

The only thing you really are giving up with the C1 are the additional loyalty points. If you near the next tier you may want to consider that, otherwise go for the FV. Especially if it's and aft corner. They are nice. Stayed in one on Millenium in 2002 and greatly enjoyed it.

Take care,

Mike

We have done the same thing on our cruise on Constellation next year. except we changed from 8185 to 8181.

I am really looking forward to the extra space indoors and out.

We will miss miss the extra loyalty points, but even with the C1 points, we would of been 3 points shy of the next tier, so I guess we will have to wait until after the next cruise!

Here are the photos I took last year, we were in 9156 on Infinity ( above your corner, but different numbering to your photo)

You will find them at post 9 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The first photo is of a 1A on Eclipse for comparison.

The only draw back IMO is if you have rough seas. We also had a super view of the partial Eclipse on Nov 3rd last year.

Edited by upwarduk

We had 9156 (marked 9150 on your photo) on Millie. It is, in effect, a suite, being a bed room, separate lounge room and that crazy huge verandah. I would book it in a flash! The next two cruises we went on after that we booked suites...because we loved the extra space!

• 4 months later...
We did the same thing on the Summit this past April. Even the same cabins. We went from 8185 to 7202 when they released the FV's. It was worth giving up the extra points and small amenities for the larger cabin and balcony.

Did they open up the FV's before or after your final payment date? If yes, did they allow you to downgrade even though you weren't entitled to a refund? Like many others here, I would gladly forego any refund and remain happy to pay CC prices to sail in a corner FV should they open up after final payment. But does Celebrity allow this after final payment?