Using self service laundry while on board

Pier Pressure 53

Probably a silly question, but I will ask anyway. For those of you who have used the self service laundry while on board, do you feel comfortable leaving your laundry unattended, and returning later to retrieve from the washers or dryers, or do you stay and babysit due to possibility of returning and your clothes being gone?

I've never had a problem leaving my laundry though I make sure I return prior to the end of washing/drying cycle.

Same here. Left our stuff in the washer and/or dryer, but definitely returned before the end of the cycle. On our TA two years ago, people had no problem taking other's belonging out of washers and dryers and just leaving it in a bag in order to use a machine.

Probably a silly question, but I will ask anyway. For those of you who have used the self service laundry while on board, do you feel comfortable leaving your laundry unattended, and returning later to retrieve from the washers or dryers, or do you stay and babysit due to possibility of returning and your clothes being gone?

I have never had a problem leaving the clothes in the washer or the dryer and going back to my cabin or strolling the ship, but just be cautious about the time as most of the laundry rooms don't have many machines and you might be holding up someone else up that would like to do their laundry. Worse case you may find your laundry on top of a machine or on the folding table.

We always make sure we're back in time (even early too).
Yes, make sure you're back in time to remove your clothes as soon as the washer and dryer are done. Otherwise, someone waiting for a machine has the right to remove them for you within a few minutes and you may not be happy if they do.

Never had a problem, but not sure anyone would want to take my [not so] smalls.

I've also never seen the laundry so busy that people would need to remove your washing from a machine, however courtesy says try to be there when it finishes.

Only problem we ever had was while we were out of the laundry room someone opened our dryer to see if it was in use. Closing the door did not restart the cycle.

When we returned (before the cycle was supposed to be over), we found the dryer not going and our clothes still very wet.

Try to take your own powder etc too as the dispensers can be expensive or out of stock , I buy dizolve washing powder sheets , light and easy to carry and use , I also wander the ship but get back on time before the cycle has finished to avoid anybody removing our clothes from the machines

Never had a problem. I always tend to go early am, leave and return before the cycle ends, but I do leave bags on top of the machine in case something happens and I get delayed, quite happy for clothes to be removed and put in bags, some people get upset, but then they should of been back.

Do take your own washing powder/liquid capsules.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

I always leave my clothes while they are washing/drying, but of course make sure to be back before the cycles are over. I think the chance of someone stealing your clothes is really, really small.

I try to go at times when the laundry is not busy.

Never had a problem. I always tend to go early am, leave and return before the cycle ends, but I do leave bags on top of the machine in case something happens and I get delayed, quite happy for clothes to be removed and put in bags, some people get upset, but then they should of been back.

Sometimes you really have to reach high to put those bags on top of the machine.

980B06981112Laundromatdeck10DSC01546_zps987823cd.jpg

Another tip is to see if any time is left on the dryer before inserting coins. Many people take their clothes out before the time is up. If several people do this, you may get free dryer usage:D.

Been there, done that! I take a few quarters with me rather than try to get any at the desk or rely on a change machine that will always be broken (I think they sell them that way.) :D Now that Elites are waiting longer for their clean undies, we might be seeing them in the laundromat. ;)

No doubt everyone has noticed that you have to wear a watch on cruise holidays...never do while at home. Timing is critical on board - for almost everything...including getting back to the laundromat on time.

With the number of posts on other threads about passengers excited to soon be able to send/receive text messages to each other 24-hours a day during the cruise, many will be carrying their cell phone and can use the clock on those instead of wearing a watch.

Why, one spouse can text the other that it is time to check the laundry.

Only problem we ever had was while we were out of the laundry room someone opened our dryer to see if it was in use. Closing the door did not restart the cycle.

When we returned (before the cycle was supposed to be over), we found the dryer not going and our clothes still very wet.

I have had this problem also. Not sure why someone needs to open a dryer door when the machine is still running with clothes inside.:confused: Only other problem I have had in the past is finding a laundromat with both working washers and dryers. One cruise I wanted to do 2 loads and ended up using laundromats on 3 different decks due to out-of-order machines!

I stuff Tide pods in a toilet paper cardboard tube to keep them from getting squished, and another with the Tide stain pods. Throw them in a ziplock with some dryer sheets and a roll of quarters and ready to do laundry.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app