Live From the Regal Princess 11/6/14 Cruise

taxatty

Arrived at the Port Everglades parking garage at 1:00 PM, a one-hour drive from my office. Check in a bit slow even in the Preferred line, but on the ship by 1:35PM--not bad at all. In a "regular" Caribe inside room, sailing solo this time. Not difficult so far to get an elevator. The ship is really beautiful. Will now go exploring!

Les

Arrived at the Port Everglades parking garage at 1:00 PM, a one-hour drive from my office. Check in a bit slow even in the Preferred line, but on the ship by 1:35PM--not bad at all. In a "regular" Caribe inside room, sailing solo this time. Not difficult so far to get an elevator. The ship is really beautiful. Will now go exploring!

Les

enjoy! we will be on thanksgiving week

how strict were they with carrying on wine? if you have a chance post some by the glass wine prices from vines and report if there are any happy hours (you can tell where my priorities are :) )

enjoy! we will be on thanksgiving week

how strict were they with carrying on wine? if you have a chance post some by the glass wine prices from vines and report if there are any happy hours (you can tell where my priorities are :) )

I didn't bring on any wine--there was a wine check-in station, but no one there.

Just had an excellent Alfredo's pizza--the Pizza Regal Princess (of course):D, with shaved parmesan and prosciutto--delicious, free, and better than the Lido deck pizza. Very efficient service as well.

No formal nights on this cruise--all Smart Casual, which makes sense for a Caribbean quickie.

Lots of blue and gold cards apparent so far.

Les

While we are docked here, the ship’s horn just played the opening notes of The Love Boat theme. Really.

We are leaving late (5:00 PM). No explanation why.

The Library is small but is a very attractive room. As my wife is a librarian, I had to check it out and report back to her as she didn’t accompany me on this cruise.

So far, the ship seems very crowded, but we'll see how things work out after everyone checks out their staterooms.

I’m a big fan and uses of wrap-around Promenade decks, which as everyone on CC knows, this ship doesn’t have. However, the seating areas that it has are nice with comfortable chairs.

Obviously, the Internet is working, but it’s slow, even in port.

Les

Have a great cruise. The lack of an outside area for walking on the Promenade Deck is one of the reasons I'm not crazy about the design of the Regal and Royal. But I may eventually end up on one of them. It's better than staying home.

I've got the Port Everglades webcam pulled up on my computer. Right now, the Vision of the Seas is about to go by.

Yep. We're still not moving. I hate the high blue glass walls on the Lido deck that others have complained about. I want to see the water unobstructed. Had to climb the stairs to actually see water directly.

Thank you for posting your live from thread. I am looking forward to reading it.

I guess I missed the threads or comments about the high, blue glass walls on the Lido deck. Are there areas on the Lido that don't have those walls?

My sister in law face time chatted with me and walked aft to the dipping pool and forward to their room which is one of the forward balcony room. We had great reception and I got a nice tour of the ship. It was the high light of my day as I'm in the hospital recovering from surgery. I was a much appreciated and welcomed surprise. Enjoy the voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much of the Lido deck is encircled by a blue glass wall. Not my concept of a sea view.

Dinner tonight at the Horizon Court. I absolutely love the change to the multiple “corridor” serving lines concept over the old squeezing through a tight line and narrow spaces. This is cruise number 28 for me, mostly on Princess and RCI, and this was by far the best buffet meal I’ve had on a ship. Large, unlimited delicious grilled split lobster tails, good crab cakes, clams on the half shell and a nice slab of prime rib, which on a ship too often comes out like a shoe sole.

Entertainment—a good fake Beatles group (the best tribute band I’ve seen was the superb “Queen” on RCI a couple of years ago) and a talented party band in the Piazza. I also love the new, large stateroom interactive TVs with tons of movies to choose from—this is a huge step up for Princess.

Les

"......and this was by far the best buffet meal I’ve had on a ship. Large, unlimited delicious grilled split lobster tails, good crab cakes, clams on the half shell and a nice slab of prime rib....."

Nice menu in the buffet. Although, I'm betting that it won't be the standard fare for all sailings from here on out.

Edited by ar1950

Les

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to reading your future reports.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Thanks for the Live on the new Regal Princess. We cruised the Royal on her maiden Caribbean and then stayed on for the next two cruises. We loved so much about the ship that the things we didn't like just faded away.

If you like eggplant, try the Rollatini in Alfredo's. It is divine. Enjoy every moment.

Cheers, Denise

It was an interesting morning watching Loni Anderson, Joy Dewitt, Dick Van Patten, Dorris Roberts get wheeled of in a wheelchairs, and many others. Florence Henderson look wonderful. Saw Doc on board and said hello. Saw the crew later on all together. They look great, yet older again. looking forward to hearing Charo play tomorrow.

It is interesting so far....