Ft. Lauderdale Last Minute Shopping Stores?

Happy2Crews

We'll be staying at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina on 17th Street for an upcoming cruise and was wondering if there are nearby drug stores and wine stores within walking distance. Thank you. :)

There is a Walgreen’s just a short block away. As for wine, I know there is a Total Wine shop, but it is about 3 or 4 blocks away.

Edited by TwoCruisers

There's a Wallgreens on the corner at 17th and ?. It's right across the street (17th) from the Marriott Renaissance. Unfortunately I didn't notice the name of the cross street when I went there for my last minute needs and munchie attack.

Staying at the Renaissance tonight. It is a short walk from the Hyatt on 17th. Total Wine is an awesome wine store accessible from 17th. Worth a cab ride if a six block (or so) walk is too far. Publix is in the same shopping area. Walgreen's is on Eisenhower just behind the Renaissance. Enter the stores on Google maps for locations. Very easy to find. Panera, Einstein's Bagels, Chipoltle, Bravo Italian, are also within easy walking distance right on 17th.

Staying at the Renaissance tonight. It is a short walk from the Hyatt on 17th. Total Wine is an awesome wine store accessible from 17th. Worth a cab ride if a six block (or so) walk is too far. Publix is in the same shopping area. Walgreen's is on Eisenhower just behind the Renaissance. Enter the stores on Google maps for locations. Very easy to find. Panera, Einstein's Bagels, Chipoltle, Bravo Italian, are also within easy walking distance right on 17th.

We love the Renaissance so we can walk to the ship at Pier #2.

Based on your other posts I assume you are on Regal Princess which departs on Sundays. So don't forget to pick up your wine on Saturday--no sales on Sundays until noon.

VERY VERY Good information to know! Forgot about the ole Florida blue laws. Thank you Fishywood!

Edited by Happy2Crews

There's a Wallgreens on the corner at 17th and ?. It's right across the street (17th) from the Marriott Renaissance. Unfortunately I didn't notice the name of the cross street when I went there for my last minute needs and munchie attack.

17th and Eisenhower.

;)

Edited by dmwnc1959

Did not realize walking in was an option. Thanks!
We walked to the port for our last cruise when we stayed at the Renaissance. We've also walked to our hotel after cruises. You need to make sure you have your cruise documents and identification ready when you get to the guard station. The sidewalks are a little bit rough in places.

Based on your other posts I assume you are on Regal Princess which departs on Sundays. So don't forget to pick up your wine on Saturday--no sales on Sundays until noon.

I was able to get wine at BJ's in the Oakwood Plaza before noon.

I was able to get wine at BJ's in the Oakwood Plaza before noon.

The regs ("Blue Laws") vary from city to city in Broward County. Oakwood Plaza is in Hollywood (not Fort Lauderdale) which did away with the restrictions about 20 years ago.

I posted the same question on the East Coast Departures board but the response was no where near as good. It's a good idea to post here as well.

Doesn't Walgreens sell wine as well?

Yes, it sells wine, too.

Edited by chrysalis

Thanks for that. I found that directly west (.4 mile away) from the Princess terminal are the Harbor Shops and the Total Wine store is adjacent to that.

It looks to be a faster way to get supplies and wine than walking to Walgreens. I figured we'd board early and head up to those shops before sailaway.

Do you see any problems with that plan?

Thanks for that. I found that directly west (.4 mile away) from the Princess terminal are the Harbor Shops and the Total Wine store is adjacent to that.

It looks to be a faster way to get supplies and wine than walking to Walgreens. I figured we'd board early and head up to those shops before sailaway.

There is a walgreens right beside the port entrance on 17th....right by the bridge. Good to know if you was running out of time.

You have to walk along SE 17th Street, and enter the port on Eisenhower Blvd.

Walgreen's is at the corner of SE 17th Street and Eisenhower Blvd.

It is certainly possible to walk from Total Wine to the ship.

But it won't be faster than Walgreen's, as you will be walking

past Walgreen's on your way to the port entrance.

Of course, the selection at Total Wine would be far superior.

If it were me -- I would walk to Total Wine, and then take a cab

to the ship, so I wouldn't have to lug my purchase(s).