2 bottles of wine - then what?

angielane

So if I bring the allowable wine - will I be permitted to take them to my state room. Or is the wine held for dining room only?

I read the rci faqs that say you can bring on 2 bottles .... But it didn't say if there were additional procedures.

And did you carry it in hand luggage? Or can I bubble wrap it in my luggage.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

So if I bring the allowable wine - will I be permitted to take them to my state room. Or is the wine held for dining room only?

I read the rci faqs that say you can bring on 2 bottles .... But it didn't say if there were additional procedures.

And did you carry it in hand luggage? Or can I bubble wrap it in my luggage.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Carry it on and take it to your cabin. There are no restrictions. If you put it your checked luggage it may delay the delivery of that bag to your cabin.

they are yours to do with as you see fit. however we do not recommend being stupid about it.. for instance no glass at the pool. . they at least have abandoned the corkage fee in the MDR so there is that to be grateful for.

they DO prefer that you bring it via Carry on. saves the potential of being called to the naughty room and having your luggage delivery delayed.

Yup. Take in on your carry on and enjoy. Do remember to bring a corkscrew though....our last cruise we forgot ours, or I did ...lol We just wrapped ours in whateve clothes we had in our carry-ons and they were fine.

called room service, they brought one right up and we were good to go!

Edited by splash_in_the_water

they are yours to do with as you see fit. however we do not recommend being stupid about it.. for instance no glass at the pool. . they at least have abandoned the corkage fee in the MDR so there is that to be grateful for.

they DO prefer that you bring it via Carry on. saves the potential of being called to the naughty room and having your luggage delivery delayed.

Just don't take it in the pool and you'll be fine. :p

We have not had good luck with the cabin attendant providing clean wineglasses every day, so I would simply stop at one of the bars on my way through the ship back to the cabin and request two glasses from a bartender. Almost always, these were given gladly. Since I used the one bar for this almost the entire cruise, and usually the same bartender, I tipped him.

Always helpful to point out you shouldn't be stupid.

I think that is on page one of the official rules and regulations.

I carried 2 bottles on last week in a brown paper bag. Just held onto them until they opened the rooms up at 1pm. I asked our room attendant for an ice bucket to put one on ice, and when dinner time came later that evening, handed it off to our waiter who kept it in the dining room for us and had it on the table the next few nights until we brought the 2nd bottle halfway thru the cruise. I don't drink almost at all, and my wife likes a glass or two with dinner. It could not have been simpler.

I carried 2 bottles on last week in a brown paper bag. Just held onto them until they opened the rooms up at 1pm. I asked our room attendant for an ice bucket to put one on ice, and when dinner time came later that evening, handed it off to our waiter who kept it in the dining room for us and had it on the table the next few nights until we brought the 2nd bottle halfway thru the cruise. I don't drink almost at all, and my wife likes a glass or two with dinner. It could not have been simpler.

Good to know it's no longer necessary to run back to the cabin before dinner to pour myself a glass of wine to bring into the dining room. Thanks! I'm the same way, where I may have glass or two, but my husband doesn't drink, so a bottle lasts more than one night.

Yup. Take in on your carry on and enjoy. Do remember to bring a corkscrew though....our last cruise we forgot ours, or I did ...lol We just wrapped ours in whateve clothes we had in our carry-ons and they were fine.

called room service, they brought one right up and we were good to go!

they will provide glasses and a corkscrew. useful of when the travel one you brought breaks mid twist....( not that has EVER happened to us... :rolleyes: )

Good to know it's no longer necessary to run back to the cabin before dinner to pour myself a glass of wine to bring into the dining room. Thanks! I'm the same way, where I may have glass or two, but my husband doesn't drink, so a bottle lasts more than one night.

not in my house heheheh.

they do give you the option of taking it back with you as well, if you want to kill it on your balcony later on.

A few years ago we did a Med cruise and in each port found a grocery store to purchase local wine and brought two containers onboard from each port, every other day or so. That was a diff cruise line, but sure wish RCCL would allow this ability/freedom in EU and Baltics, etc.

A few years ago we did a Med cruise and in each port found a grocery store to purchase local wine and brought two containers onboard from each port, every other day or so. That was a diff cruise line, but sure wish RCCL would allow this ability/freedom in EU and Baltics, etc.

I was with a cruiser who typically does buy local wine on a port stop and brings it back on the ship....no one even questions it when re-boarding. They know that the policy is 'two bottles per cabin', but are never asked 'how many other bottles do you have in your cabin' or any such inquisitive statement to determine if they are exceeding the amount of wine to be brought on board.

I was with a cruiser who typically does buy local wine on a port stop and brings it back on the ship....no one even questions it when re-boarding. They know that the policy is 'two bottles per cabin', but are never asked 'how many other bottles do you have in your cabin' or any such inquisitive statement to determine if they are exceeding the amount of wine to be brought on board.

That seems a little odd. They check for booze of any kind when you return fro ports. Many folks have posted that the two bottle policy is only allowed during embarking

That seems a little odd. They check for booze of any kind when you return fro ports. Many folks have posted that the two bottle policy is only allowed during embarking

Yes, this is what we ran into on our last cruise. Picked up two bottles San Juan. They would not let us bring it back on board. Original boarding only.

I am only 'passing along' what another cruiser told me they do on longer cruises....don't be annoyed at the messenger. I would not do it myself, but others have been successful obviously.

I am only 'passing along' what another cruiser told me they do on longer cruises....don't be annoyed at the messenger. I would not do it myself, but others have been successful obviously.

Are you certain that they were speaking about Royal Caribbean cruises?

Don't judge me but I have to ask the obvious question...if my wife and I bring 2 bottles in our checked luggage and each carry one on during boarding...how can RCL know? Do they note that we carried 2 on and then match up to the checked luggage? Seems like too much work on their part and too much hassle.

Don't judge me but I have to ask the obvious question...if my wife and I bring 2 bottles in our checked luggage and each carry one on during boarding...how can RCL know? Do they note that we carried 2 on and then match up to the checked luggage? Seems like too much work on their part and too much hassle.

If people keep posting about how to game the system on a public website that the company is known to read, then soon there will be no wine allowed on board anymore.

If people keep posting about how to game the system on a public website that the company is known to read, then soon there will be no wine allowed on board anymore.

Never understood why people would ruin a good thing by talking about it on public forums. I have seen some people get away with bringing extra wine to their rooms and others where not so fortunate. in my opinion there is no sure fire way as it depends on cruise and circumstances when boarding the ship at ports..