Princess Loyalty OBC

funny1

Just found out that we won't get OBC from Princess for our twenty first cruise with Princess. Our TA said it's something they just do "sometimes." It's no bid deal, but a little disappointing.

Just found out that we won't get OBC from Princess for our twenty first cruise with Princess. Our TA said it's something they just do "sometimes." It's no bid deal, but a little disappointing.

Just ask for it from the Captains circle lady if you have not got it on your 21st cruise automatically We all get it (even those of sus down under) $25 per cabin for each cruise after 20th one

If you're talking about the "Loyalty" credit given after so many cruises. Princess doesn't just give it "sometimes". It's tiered and begins with the 32nd cruise ($50), 42nd cruise ($75) and 52nd cruise ($100). We're at the $75 level now and are looking forward in a few more cruises to go up to the next and so far last level.

Absolutely not true. Your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. It'll be applied automatically to your folio and you'll receive a card in your cabin thanking you for your loyalty. You won't see it anywhere on your booking or credits before boarding the ship.

FYI, it's not based on the number of cruises but the number of cruise credits. For many, that's the same thing but if you book a full suite or cruise as a single, you get two credits per cruise.

Edited by Pam in CA

Oops... I was wrong on the tier levels. Below is the correct info from the Princess website:

Onboard credit per household after completion of 20 credits +:

$25 for 20-30 cruise credits

$50 for 30-40 cruise credits

$75 for 41-50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits

Oops... I was wrong on the tier levels. Below is the correct info from the Princess website:

Just a small correction, you get $50 when you have earned 31 to 40 Cruise Credits.

I received the first Captains Circle Loyalty OBC of $25.00 on 21st cruise. I am at 29 credits now and imagine it will bump to $50.00 at cruise #31.

This is not a "sometimes" thing, it is every cruise. It WILL NOT appear in your Personalizer, so don't worry that you do not see it there. You need to look carefully at all the papers in your cabin when you arrive and/or check your folio. TA seems to be misinformed.

This is what I have posted on my roll call website. If someone has a link to it at Princess I would like to have it.

From your 21th cruise on you get the following. Note that the number refers to the cruise you are on, not the previous total.

• 21st - 31st cruise - $25 onboard cabin credit
  • 32nd - 41st cruise - $50 onboard cabin credit
  • 42nd - 51st cruise - $75 onboard cabin credit
  • 52nd+ cruise - $100 onboard cabin credit

NOTE: I refer to "cruises" above. Yahoo actually calls them credits on your Captain's Circle cruise history. You get 1 credit for 1 cruise when sharing a cabin, 2 credits when traveling as a single or sharing a suite, and 3 credits when traveling as a single in a suite. All Captain's Circle levels are based on credits or days.

Edited by denmarks

I received the first Captains Circle Loyalty OBC of $25.00 on 21st cruise. I am at 29 credits now and imagine it will bump to $50.00 at cruise #31.

Definitely imagination.

Reality is it will be $50 for the first time on cruise (actually cruise point) #32.

Just ask for it from the Captains circle lady if you have not got it on your 21st cruise automatically We all get it (even those of sus down under) $25 per cabin for each cruise after 20th one

Slight correction. It is $25 per cabin if the same last name but if two individuals with different last names and both entitled to credit then both receive the credits. It can also be the same mailing address.

Slight correction. It is $25 per cabin if the same last name but if two individuals with different last names and both entitled to credit then both receive the credits. It can also be the same mailing address.

I know we benefit from that but did not 3ant t6o muddle the waters:D

• 1 year later...
"Confused at best" is being kind.

As Paul would probably agree, I'd find another TA. :rolleyes:

LuLu

You don't need a TA to get the credit. Once on board, if the credit doesn't show up in your account, go to the Captain's Circle coordinator and he/she will get your benefit applied promptly.

You don't need a TA to get the credit. Once on board, if the credit doesn't show up in your account, go to the Captain's Circle coordinator and he/she will get your benefit applied promptly.

I hadn't received it on my 21st cruise and inquired with the captain's circle host after reading about it on these boards and she too was very confused and said I wasn't entitled to it. The most traveled passengers were also there to talk to her and they argued that you only get that on your 20th cruise and then again on your 31st cruise. My DH was on his 20th cruise and didn't get it either ... they had my head spinning. I am so grateful for the info I get on these boards. Sometimes they don't even know what they are talking about even though that is their job. I really don't think they understood what I was referring to ... but I called the the Loyalty OBC. Oh well ... next time I will go equipped but will probably receive it without any problem.

You get (suppose to) $25 each cruise after

20 cruises. Like if take a b2b get it each cruise.

They don't mark it down till about a week before

you go. Have a card in your room telling you that

you have it.

I've gotten it each time.

Hate to say it but some Captain Circle Host's

don't know a lot of things. I've asked question,

they don't have a clue. I've know more than they

do. I've told them where to look for things.

Same with some TA's

Just keep at them to get what your due.

You get (suppose to) $25 each cruise after 20 cruises.
To correct you, it's based on the number of cruise credits, not the number of cruises no matter what Princess says. There's a difference if you book as a solo or a full suite.

Not exactly correct. The pamphlet at the Captain's Circle desk showed:

$25 for 20-31 cruise credits

$50 for 32-41 cruise credits

$75 for 42-51 cruise credits

$100 for 52+ cruise credits

The first $25 tier covers 11 cruise credits. The rest of them cover 10 cruise credits.

The first $25 tier covers 11 cruise credits. The rest of them cover 10 cruise credits.

I think the pamphlet was written trying to remove the confusion caused by having to have completed the cruise before receiving that credit level. It amounts to the same thing.

We've always received the Loyalty Credit as follows.

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

"I think the pamphlet was written trying to remove the confusion caused by having to have completed the cruise before receiving that credit level. It amounts to the same thing."

This past June I was on my 31st cruise. I already had 30 cruise credits from completed cruises. I noticed that my loyalty OBC was posted in my account as $25, so I inquired at the Captain's Circle desk. The representative informed me that you must have completed 31 cruise credits to qualify for the next level of $50 OBC. He then showed me the pamphlet. The pamphlet showed the cruise credits mentioned in my post #22. A better way to state it is:

$25 after completing 20 cruise credits

$50 after completing 31 cruise credits

$75 after completing 41 cruise credits

$100 after completing 51+ cruise credits

The number of completed cruise credits in the first $25 tier is eleven. All others have 10 cruise credits between the next level. Next time I'm on board I should bring home a copy of the pamphlet.

Wow, a very small reward for a lot of loyalty and thousands spent on cruises with one cruiseline.

Edited by SteelMagnolia9