Navigator - dress code actually enforced!

what do you care what other people are wearing. Can't you mind your own business? Clearly someone who uses terms like "big boy pants" has no respect for other people, only judges books by their covers.

Good point :)

Edited by bouhunter

My aversion has more to do with cleanliness than shoulders covered!:) Let's just say I've seen people in the food line who really needed to take a couple minutes to clean up first!:eek:

I totally agree with the cleanliness, issue --for sure! And I agree, some should take a few minutes before heading in.

What do you care what other people are wearing. Can't you mind your own business? Clearly someone who uses terms like "big boy pants" has no respect for other people, only judges books by their covers.

Geez, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I think he was kidding. :confused:

Geez, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I think he was kidding. :confused:

I am fed up with the judgmental holier than thou tone of this site, especially over an issue as petty as shorts. The comments are absurd sometimes. Maybe he was kidding? Don't know. But this forum as a whole loves to judge and put others down constantly.

What do you care what other people are wearing. Can't you mind your own business? Clearly someone who uses terms like "big boy pants" has no respect for other people, only judges books by their covers.

Wow lighten up

who peed in your fruit loops

I was kidding

I thought that the sticking out tongue emoticon would have explained that

Or Jammie bottoms. It's the new thing ya know!!! :D:p

A little off topic, but this is one of my favorite pictures from St. Lucia. I was a principal, and I can't begin to tell you how many times I had to have conversations with parents telling them it wasn't appropriate to visit the school in their pajamas!:eek:

Fishing%20Village%20%286%29-L.jpg

complete nonsense. Who packs pants for vacation to a tropical destination??

The MDR is not fine dining. You are eating food that is cooked in bulk, on a boat, in the middle of the ocean, for a massive amount of people.

I fully agree, and very well may receive tons of negative comments for saying this...HOWEVER! The whole dress code thing is just silly to me. Even sillier is the way some people take such personal offense to the way others dress.

I fully understand no swimsuits, no cover-ups, no bare feet, no cut offs, etc. But for wearing golf shorts and a golf shirt and be told you would be turned away because long pants are required??? In a tropical climate?? That would infuriate me.

You are hard pressed to find a restaurant on land that requires dress slacks for men...why are we expected to dress to the nines for a glorified Luby's? Nice jeans, nice golf shorts, even a nice v neck t shirt...they all look perfectly respectable on men (and women) if they are clean and neat.

And to be forced to eat at the Windjammer simply because you don't want to get dressed up to the nines for dinner...complete nonsense. I paid just as much for my vacation as you did...if not more...so those Sansabelt slacks don't make you any better than anyone else.

Edited by sredish

you know I don't have lot of empathy for the 'but, but it's always been not enforced' attitude

it's policy. who cares if it is not policed/enforced every single time on every single ship on every single itinerary.

people who respect themselves, their fellow cruisers and the cruise line should ABIDE BY THE POLICT REGARDLESS OF ENFORCEMENT.

the Military has a saying: Integrity is doing the right thing even if no one is watching.

couldn't agree more!!!

Was on last week and yes it was enforced after day 1 and the wait staff even tells you on Day 1 no more shorts the rest of the week. With that being said they did allow my 7 year old son and all the kids that I could see on the my family time dinning (level 4) to wear nice shorts to dinner, so the parents did not need to go get them changed. If it was not formal dinner he wore golf shorts and a polo and all was good.

With that being said they did allow my 7 year old son and all the kids that I could see on the my family time dining (level 4) to wear nice shorts to dinner, so the parents did not need to go get them changed.

Kids generally aren't required to follow the dress suggestion for the evening, or so I've heard.

Agreed fatPaul.

They were told in advance,

they saw the sign's outside the restaurant,

they ignore the policy of the cruise line,

and now they have become the "victims" and the "Poor Me" scenario, with the added touch of "I don't want You to get caught also"

What a load of nonsense.

Awful behavior, and certainly not the Cruise Lines Fault

I would be embarrassed if this happened to me, not plastering it all over Cruise Critic.

Shame on You.

Shame I say.

The vast majority of ships allow first night flexibility as not everyone has received their luggage and unpacked by the time first seating starts.

Whilst there is a dress code, there is flexibility the first night. How many people actually board a cruise in dining code clothing knowing that it may be warm outside and have to stand through a muster and get hot and sweaty in their dinner attire.?

The OP is not stating that is what they want to wear all cruise, just the first night. It is standard across most of the ships we have been on, not just RC. :rolleyes:

Good God, over dramatize much? :rolleyes: Its getting to where someone cant post anything around here anymore without getting clobbered.

Ridiculous.

ryan, I was thinking the same thing. a bit of overkill, lol. Not to mention melodramatic. :rolleyes:

I fully agree, and very well may receive tons of negative comments for saying this...HOWEVER! The whole dress code thing is just silly to me. Even sillier is the way some people take such personal offense to the way others dress.

I fully understand no swimsuits, no cover-ups, no bare feet, no cut offs, etc. But for wearing golf shorts and a golf shirt and be told you would be turned away because long pants are required??? In a tropical climate?? That would infuriate me.

You are hard pressed to find a restaurant on land that requires dress slacks for men...why are we expected to dress to the nines for a glorified Luby's? Nice jeans, nice golf shorts, even a nice v neck t shirt...they all look perfectly respectable on men (and women) if they are clean and neat.

And to be forced to eat at the Windjammer simply because you don't want to get dressed up to the nines for dinner...complete nonsense. I paid just as much for my vacation as you did...if not more...so those Sansabelt slacks don't make you any better than anyone else.

As for not packing long pants for a tropical vacation, even the Sandals resorts require long pants for some restaurants and they enforce it, it not like there is no a/c in restaurant.

Many all-inclusive resorts require men to wear long pants in restaurants. We were at an all inclusive in Punta Cana last July. Unless you were dining at the buffet, men were required to wear long pants to all other restaurants.

Edited by KelJ
typo

A little off topic, but this is one of my favorite pictures from St. Lucia. I was a principal, and I can't begin to tell you how many times I had to have conversations with parents telling them it wasn't appropriate to visit the school in their pajamas!:eek:

Fishing%20Village%20%286%29-L.jpg

No worries Cindy 99% of the posts here are off topic.;)

BTW were wearing shorts to school OK?:)

Edited by DirtyDawg

No worries Cindy 99% of the posts here are off topic.;)

BTW were wearing shorts to school OK?:)

I guess the answer would depend on your definition of shorts!:D Let's just say that some people liked to leave little to the imagination...much to my dismay and the delight of my 4th grade boys!:eek:

I guess the answer would depend on your definition of shorts!:D Let's just say that some people liked to leave little to the imagination...much to my dismay and the delight of my 4th grade boys!:eek:

:D Ah 4th grade. I fell in love for the first time in 4th grade. Her name was Miss Kerr and she was (and probably still is) a knockout!:D

:D Ah 4th grade. I fell in love for the first time in 4th grade. Her name was Miss Kerr and she was (and probably still is) a knockout!:D

I fell in love with my physical therapist the past two months, but I'm all better now and she broke up with me yesterday...........:D

Sometimes, dress code is enforced, sometimes its not.

Sometimes you can bring your own water and soda on, sometimes you can not.

Sometimes, you get away with reserving that pool lounger, sometimes you don't.

Sometimes you can save theater seats, sometimes you can not.

Most people only follow the rules they choose to and Royal lets many get away with not following them at all.

No consistency-not the passengers fault. Many that post here will even tell you , Ahh-they won't enforce it, go ahead, and on another thread they are screaming bloody murder how dare you with another topic!!

Gotta love CC!!:D

To be honest. I always see people reserving seats at the theater and no one care