Princess ship time in Cabo San Lucas

welldone60

So the ship time is moved forward two hours if they sail from LA?

When we have cruised on Princess, ship time has always been the same as local time. Not sure when it changes, but have never seen a difference.

Ann

OK here is an attempt to answer your question. Normally, Princess changes their on board clocks to match local time. In November local Cabo time will be plus one hour from CA time. So when it's noon the CA it's 1pm in Cabo. There are a number of Princess cruises that stop in Cabo in November, one being a short cruise with Cabo as the only Port stop. If this is your cruise then I would expect the Captain to push the clocks one hour ahead on the 1st sea day and then one hour back one the last sea day. If you are on a longer cruise that stops at Puerto Vallarta first then the ship will almost certainly change it's clocks since PV is plus two hours from CA time in November. In any case if you are planning a private tour, the tour operator will know the time the ship is in port, and it will be very clear to you what time it is on the ship and in port. Time changes are printed at the bottom of the Princess Patter and you will receive a reminder card in your cabin.

OK here is an attempt to answer your question. Normally, Princess changes their on board clocks to match local time. In November local Cabo time will be plus one hour from CA time. So when it's noon the CA it's 1pm in Cabo. There are a number of Princess cruises that stop in Cabo in November, one being a short cruise with Cabo as the only Port stop. If this is your cruise then I would expect the Captain to push the clocks one hour ahead on the 1st sea day and then one hour back one the last sea day. If you are on a longer cruise that stops at Puerto Vallarta first then the ship will almost certainly change it's clocks since PV is plus two hours from CA time in November. In any case if you are planning a private tour, the tour operator will know the time the ship is in port, and it will be very clear to you what time it is on the ship and in port. Time changes are printed at the bottom of the Princess Patter and you will receive a reminder card in your cabin.

Thanks, we are on the 5 day that overnights in Cabo. Checking on private excursions and wanted to make sure. Most tour guides know what time most ships arrive, but since this is an odd cruise, they may not know.

We did LA to Rio in December/January and I think we had 7 times changes in all. We were informed the night before we docked of a time change the next day. Usually there was a 'please change your clocks' slip left on your bed the night before. It was also in the Patters. In other words the ship's time was always local time.:)

While some people's experience has led them to believe that Princess ships always change their clocks to match local time, our experience has proven otherwise. There are instances where the time on ship is an hour ahead or behind local time. Getting back to the ship an hour ahead of when you need to isn't a problem. Getting back an hour late is.

There is never a guarantee that ships time will match local time.

My most recent cruise was on a ship by a large rodent. On my cruise, time on the ship never changed, so you had to be careful about making sure you stayed on ship time. The next time the ship did that itinerary two weeks later, they did switch. Just keep an eye on the notices.

There is never a guarantee that ships time will match local time.

My most recent cruise was on a ship by a large rodent. On my cruise, time on the ship never changed, so you had to be careful about making sure you stayed on ship time. The next time the ship did that itinerary two weeks later, they did switch. Just keep an eye on the notices.

Rodents are notoriously poor time-keepers. Probably because the wristwatches keep falling off their little forelegs.

The Mexican Riviera is one of the itineraries where I've seen port time different from ship's time, usually for Puerto Vallarta. Cabo and Mazatlan are on Mountain time, and Puerto Vallarta is on Central time. I've been on ship's that didn't switch to Puerto Vallarta time for just the one day, since they were going back to Mountain time the next day. That said, I've been on ships that did change for Puerto Vallarta. So, you really won't know for sure until you're on the ship.