Wife and I do not drink

viguy007

Nor am I a fan of soft drinks (Cola). My favorite drink is Iced Tea, which I drink a lot of. I understand, as luck would have it, we do not have to pay for Iced Tea at meals. But I wonder about the cocktail lounges, where people are entertained as they drink. I understand there is a fifteen percent tip added onto bar bills, but if there is no bar bill how is that handled. Thank you.

Just ask a waiter or bartender and they will get you iced tea. If you wish, they would be happy to accept a tip. You could tip each time or wait until the end and tip the member(s) of the staff who were particularly helpful to you.

Also, there will be iced tea at the buffet 24 hours.

They don't serve iced tea in the bars...you'll have to get your tea from a dining venue and bring it with you. There is no need to tip the bartender....you won't be ordering anything!!!

You do NOT need to order anything in a bar/lounge to be there!!!

On our last cruise our friend had no trouble ordering water with lemon in it in the bars/lounges and I am sure she would have had no trouble ordering that on CCL either. As to iced tea I am not sure that they would have that available in the bar, but it couldn't hurt to ask. A sports bottle is a good idea.

Edited by sparks1093

Yes, I plan to cruise on the Carnival Liberty. However the exact date is unknown, since I must wait for my wife to receive her US Visa.

By the way what does B2B mean?

Yes, I plan to cruise on the Carnival Liberty. However the exact date is unknown, since I must wait for my wife to receive her US Visa.

By the way what does B2B mean?

B2B = Back to Back. Two consecutive cruises. Ordinarily on the same ship and hopefully in the same cabin

Just want to point out that my experience with iced tea is that it is real tea...unsweetened, not that awful stuff made with mostly sugar, that you buy in a can and mix up...or I suppose it comes bottled now. So...if you are expecting that, it's not what you will get.

Nor am I a fan of soft drinks (Cola). My favorite drink is Iced Tea, which I drink a lot of. I understand, as luck would have it, we do not have to pay for Iced Tea at meals. But I wonder about the cocktail lounges, where people are entertained as they drink. I understand there is a fifteen percent tip added onto bar bills, but if there is no bar bill how is that handled. Thank you.

since iced tea is NOT available in the bars or lounges, if you are asking a bartender to get you one, s/he absolutely deserve a tip of some sort.. if they will even do so, as they can be very busy and do not have time go traipsing up to the Buffet to get a glass.

if you do not have cash, there is a way for the server/bartender to produce a sales slip for you to add a gratuity directly to you sea pass card.

or simply grab your OWN glass before entering the lounge.

if you choose to bring you own refillable mug, please do NOT fill it directly; you must use glass the ship provides to pour it in.

I also like iced tea but don't like commercially brewed, often from a liquid concentrate. I bring my own tea bags and cold brew in my cabin, always have one large bottle available to carry with me. I am spoiled so if you like a particular tea or use loose leaf, this might work for you.

Out of a great many cruises, I've never seen iced tea served in any lounge/bar on the ships. There is no reason you couldn't go to Lido, get the tea yourself and carry to a lounge to sit and listen to the music. I don't think it practical to think a steward could leave a busy lounge to go get iced tea but maybe they could have some delivered?

May I suggest that you bring a sports bottle and fill it with iced tea at the buffet? My sister is never without her one liter bottle, filled with iced tea. Good for taking off the ship, too. EM

If you do this, please fill your container from a glass. Not directly from the dispenser.

I can't stand the dispenser Iced Tea. I make my own

Steep two tea bags for several minutes. Dump over a full glass of ice.

For Sweet Tea put sweetener into mug with a bit of hot water, dissolve. Fill it up with hot water and tea bags. Dump over full glass of ice.

You can get free ice tea 24 hours a day in the buffet. It is unsweetened. There was a good suggestion here. Take your own empty water bottle and fill it with the free ice tea. You can get a glass of ice at any bar, any time.

We don't drink during the day but I get a few glasses of just ice from usually the same bartender at the same bar every day. He calls me his 'ice lady". He sees me coming and automatically gets my ice, always with a smile. At the end of the cruise I give him 15% of the cost of all my ice ($0). Last time it was $20!

We just sit down and listen to music, you don't have to order anything if you don't want to. On some cruises they put a paper napkin on your table so they know not to ask you again if you want to order a drink.

You can also ask for the NA drink of the day. On the Celebrity ships, these drinks are very refreshing. Lost of them made with bubble water, mint,lime etc. They also have a NA peach sangria that is outstanding...

Wifey and I don't drink either, I do drink a lot of Diet Coke, she mainly drinks tea and water, she'll often grab a tea or a water from the cafe or the buffet or wherever they may have it and take it to a bar or show, just as I may grab a DC at a bar or whatever and take it, no one cares, it's not like a bar, theatre or show lounge at home where they get upset if you take in a drink you didn't get from them.