Upsell call from HAL

rslinky

Ten hours before heading our alarm goes off to catch the plane to Anchorage for our land and sea tour our Hal rep called and offered an upsell to a signature suite from a steel railing verandah for 298 total. We took it. Had booked a particular room so wasn't expecting any such call, plus its our first HAL. Everyone will have their opinions on whether it was a good deal, but it seemed good to us. Would have highly considered the offer to a neptune for 349 a person but didn't have one on port side for our south bound Seward to Vancouver on the Oosterdam. Now back to packing.

Ten hours before heading our alarm goes off to catch the plane to Anchorage for our land and sea tour our Hal rep called and offered an upsell to a signature suite from a steel railing verandah for 298 total. We took it. Had booked a particular room so wasn't expecting any such call, plus its our first HAL. Everyone will have their opinions on whether it was a good deal, but it seemed good to us. Would have highly considered the offer to a neptune for 349 a person but didn't have one on port side for our south bound Seward to Vancouver on the Oosterdam. Now back to packing.

Great price - enjoy!

Sounds like a good deal to me :D Enjoy your Signature Suite and enjoy your first HAL cruise :)

Congratutions! That's a great upsell and you will love the Signature Suite. Have a wonderful cruise.

Just offered signature suite from vf for 899 pp for 12 night Northern Europe Eurodam. Doesn't seem worth it

Has anyone ever countered?

We are on your cruise and just got the same email. That upsell sounds high to me too. We also booked VF and I am already happy with a balcony, so the suite price would have to come down quite a bit for us to bite at it!

On our cruise last fall on the Prinsendam they offered two rounds of upsells much closer to sailing date, we might have bitten at the second lower offer, but by that time we were enroute and got the email too late to contact HAL.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

For our land tour and cruise which headed south at the end of last summer we were offered an upsell from a verandah to a Signature suite and absolutely loved the extra space and larger verandah.

In regards to the $899 upsell, that almost sounds like what the price would be for anyone booking online between your two categories. Have you made that comparison? For me to pay for an upgrade, I want a deep discount.

Offered an upsell from Neptune Suite to Pinnacle Suite for $2999/person. It's a 14-nt cruise.

That's half of what the actual price difference is, but still wayyyyy out of budget. Someone will probably grab it, though.

We didn't take the upsell but did get assigned a cabin for our June 1 Eurodam. Cabin 10028. It looks to be a great cabin for us with spa features. Not sure if we won't still be offered an upsell

Kevin

We were offered several upsells for our South America HAL cruise and when it got where we thought it was a good deal I called and got it. So worth it...went from outside cabin to Vista Suite.

The OP got an awesome deal. Enjoy your trip!

For those of you who have received the upped offers, did you all book directly with HAL or through a TA? Just curious as I would love to get an upsell offer but we booked through a TA and wondering if that makes a difference?

The OP got an awesome deal. Enjoy your trip!

For those of you who have received the upped offers, did you all book directly with HAL or through a TA? Just curious as I would love to get an upsell offer but we booked through a TA and wondering if that makes a difference?

We received upsell offers on our last two HAL cruises, one last Fall on the Prinsendam (and on that one there were two upsell offers, the second with lower prices) and on our upcoming June 1 Eurodam cruise. The Prinsendam cruise was booked through a TA, the second cruise I booked through HAL directly. If booked through a TA they will receive the upsell email first. We did not take any of the upsells!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal