Spring break for majority of usa

What are the chances of freedom feb 21-28th being part of a lot of school breaks in the USA.

I am in canada and have a hard time trying to figure out all the different USA school breaks.

Any idea?:)

What are the chances of freedom feb 21-28th being part of a lot of school breaks in the USA.

I am in canada and have a hard time trying to figure out all the different USA school breaks.

That period would have a very low number of Spring Breakers, if any. Mid-March is usually the peak.

That period would have a very low number of Spring Breakers, if any. Mid-March is usually the peak.

I agree... mid March to mid April would be busier, considering schools and colleges. February should be much more quiet. Enjoy planning!:)

Schools in the Northeast have a winter break in february around Presidents day. My daughters breat this year in NY is Feb 15th - 19th

We've sailed the last 6 February breaks and there were a lot of kids for my daughter to meet. I recall several older people suprised and complaining about the number of kids on board. I guess they should have asked a travel agent or searched on CC.

Schools in the Northeast have a winter break in february around Presidents day. My daughters breat this year in NY is Feb 15th - 19th

This tends to be kids with families (and there were A LOT on Breakaway this year). But that's a different vibe than a bunch of drunk college kids running around having their parties. Yes, there were a large number of kids, but I generally found them to be very well behaved.

Probably not much spring break action, as mentioned, but do be aware also of Presidents Day (third Monday in Feb.)

There could be additional families/partiers on board since it is a long weekend.

We sailed over Presidents Week in February 2015 and it had its fair share of kids, of all ages. Lots of NE schools have off that week. Then parents who do not have school age children, feel it could be a good time to be away since if they are off from work on Presidents Day, it is one less day of vacation they have to use from work.

It is a toss up....we go because it is convenient for us. We are doing it again next year over President's Day.

There is a large group charter on this cruise. Probably 900 to 1000 plus. Go to JOCO cruise to see details. Lots of pre reserved rooms and probably no suites left.

Da84898

How did you find out about that special charter?

Where do you get your numbers of 900-1000

Thanks for any info

Google what is bolded above, answers all your questions. They do a partial charter every year.

Here is one website that lists breaks by colleges. There are other sites as well.

http://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

This is so helpful. We're travelling Apr 10th and also Canadian. We booked avoiding Easter and Canadian March Break, but then worried that it would be spring break (although not a big deal unless it has an impact on flights). So looks like we're ok.

Thanks for the link of school breaks. I think that week is fine for no school breaks. Presidents' Day holiday Is the week before but that part charter has me worried.

But I guess that will be ok.

There is an alphabetical breakdown at ststravel.com/college-spring break-dates looks like they officially start Feb. 28th. If we are traveling during spring break, we try to opt for a more expensive ship, hoping college kids can't get the money from mommy and daddy to pay for it .

There is an alphabetical breakdown at ststravel.com/college-spring break-dates looks like they officially start Feb. 28th. If we are traveling during spring break, we try to opt for a more expensive ship, hoping college kids can't get the money from mommy and daddy to pay for it .

There are two other travel agencies that have much better lists. They are alphabetical, by week but with enrollment numbers and a total on break for each week. I can't link them since they are travel agencies and against board rules to post.

I cruised President's Day week a few years ago....crawling with kids since it's a popular week for families to cruise. Cruised the 3rd week in Feb. last year with college kids. The other ship that was at Coco Cay at the same time had way more college kids since it was a 4-5 day cruise as opposed to the 8 day I was on. No problems either cruise.:)

Here is one website that lists breaks by colleges. There are other sites as well.

http://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

Great list....MOST college spring breaks listed were in March; there were 13 that were listed for February -- two of those beginning on 2/20/16 with the other 11 beginning on 2/27/16 from what I could see.

BUT, there are many public and private schools that have some type of break in February. Just like their are public and private schools that have a break the 2nd week of November due to teacher conventions.

It isn't as easy as someone would think to plan so you avoid having lots of children on a ship. Add to that the number of children that are home schooled and therefore do not have a strict school calendar to follow.

Go on a cruise when you can and when the price you are willing to pay makes sense for you.