What happens if you share a drink package? Is there a drink limit?

I guess a better question is if my husband gets a drink package and I don't if he order's me a drink for he and myself at dinner, will there be an issue? I just do not drink enough for the two of us to spend that much money on two drink packages.

Edited by malg64

Drink packages are for one person.

If you don't drink enough for a package, then give your SeaPass card to the bar server and they will charge you for your drink. Simple solution.

I guess a better question is if my husband gets a drink package and I don't if he order's me a drink for he and myself at dinner, will there be an issue? I just do not drink enough for the two of us to spend that much money on two drink packages.

When he orders a drink of each of you, he gets one with the package and will have to pay for one. No sharing of drink packages.

Best case scenario would be you both get a drink thus defrauding RCCL and all other honest paying guests making cruising that bit more expensive for us all by your theft. Worst case scenario, your husbands drinks package gets revoked without any reimbursement. Personally, I hope the latter is what happens. So many people here complain about the cruise industry nickel and diming their customers; is it any wonder when there's the kind of dishonesty you're advocating ...

Although sharing a drink package is not allowed, and you shouldn't do it, let's face it, they know that many people will share, and they build that into the price.

If people wouldn't share drink packages, there would be nothing to build into the price to make up for the theft. Hence, the price would be lower for all the people who abide by the rules.

They won't give you 2 drinks at one time with the package, so the way in which you're suggesting you'd like to share isn't really possible.

Were you under the misapprehension that the only way to get drinks was with a package? You can just buy as you go.

there is NO SHARING ALLOWED.

he will NOT be allowed to get more than one drink at a time, and furthermore they are well trained to spot peopel trying work the system.( going form bar to bar in an effort to 'stock up)

the first time he tries it, he gets a warning. the second time the package gets canceled with no refund and he may be put off the ship entirely

buy your drinks a la carte.

Thanks everyone for your responses...even the directly stern ones (but not the one calling me a theif....that was really unnecessary). I'll just ala carte my drink. I only ever get one drink on vacation because I'm not a drinker. I'd rather pay for my drink than to have any issues.

Although sharing a drink package is not allowed, and you shouldn't do it, let's face it, they know that many people will share, and they build that into the price.

What information do you know that can justify the statement that you have made, highlighted above in red?

Or are you using your own business acumen and applying it elsewhere?

Let me know what you sell, so that I can avoid buying from your company -- because honest people should not make up for the dishonest ones.

there is NO SHARING ALLOWED.

he will NOT be allowed to get more than one drink at a time, and furthermore they are well trained to spot peopel trying work the system.( going form bar to bar in an effort to 'stock up)

the first time he tries it, he gets a warning. the second time the package gets canceled with no refund and he may be put off the ship entirely

buy your drinks a la carte.

I know and agree on the no sharing rule, but where is it written that packages are cancelled on violations, or that it's a breach of contract to eject you from the ship? That sounds like conjecture.

I know and agree on the no sharing rule, but where is it written that packages are cancelled on violations, or that it's a breach of contract to eject you from the ship? That sounds like conjecture.

I agree. There is no chance that someone would be ejected from the ship for a drink package violation. Totally absurd.

With that in mind, nobody should be stealing. It's vacation. Enjoy.

Thanks everyone for your responses...even the directly stern ones (but not the one calling me a theif....that was really unnecessary). I'll just ala carte my drink. I only ever get one drink on vacation because I'm not a drinker. I'd rather pay for my drink than to have any issues.

Glad that you decided to pay for your drinks rather than steal them.

What information do you know that can justify the statement that you have made, highlighted above in red?

Let me know what you sell, so that I can avoid buying from your company -- because honest people should not make up for the dishonest ones.

LOL...sweet kid, so innocent.

You will have to stop buying everything from every company! Its called shrinkage, it occurs in every industry, and the price you pay for everything factors in theft. Any company that does not buffer their prices to cover theft will be selling at a loss, and will sooner or later be out of business.

Your kidding right? You are aware that in the retail industry the costs of shoplifting are passed on to the consumer?

Just because you could share the drink package does not mean you should.

This is one of several threads that ask about sharing drink packages. If this comes up often on CC I would imagine that many folks are sharing. I wonder If over time RCCL will change to Carnivals policy on drink packages. Their policy is that if one person in the room buys a drink package ALL people of drinking age must buy a drink package. I hope that does not happen.

OMG..you have opened a can of worms...packages are not meant to be shared...If you don't drink enough to pay for a package..buy drinks as you want them...a la carte.

If they find you're "sharing", they can put you off the ship....it will be up to you and your $$$ to get back home.

Edited by cb at sea

This is one of several threads that ask about sharing drink packages. If this comes up often on CC I would imagine that many folks are sharing. I wonder If over time RCCL will change to Carnivals policy on drink packages. Their policy is that if one person in the room buys a drink package ALL people of drinking age must buy a drink package. I hope that does not happen.

That is what the policy used to be when they first started testing the drink packages. They changed to the current policy pretty quickly, hopefully, they don't change back.

When Royal first introduced their drink packages that is the way it was done.

Your kidding right? You are aware that in the retail industry the costs of shoplifting are passed on to the consumer?

Retailers mark up their product 60-70% over their wholesale price (sometimes even more) and work to keep their shrinkage both internal and external as low as possible...the retailer I work for has a shrinkage of less than 2% -- the markup is NOT there to cover just that 2%, it is to make the money they need to cover all of their costs and make a profit....which we do quite well.

Welcome to cruise critic! It's truly a shame when some think a new poster is asking how the beat the system, when it's really a simple question by a new member!

Enjoy your cruise!

Retailers mark up their product 60-70% over their wholesale price (sometimes even more) and work to keep their shrinkage both internal and external as low as possible...the retailer I work for has a shrinkage of less than 2% -- the markup is NOT there to cover just that 2%, it is to make the money they need to cover all of their costs and make a profit....which we do quite well.

Lets work through this together.

The retailer you work for has a margin of 70%

The shrinkage is 2%

Without shrinkage the markup would be 68% with the same profit

Because there is shrinkage of 2%, to achieve the same margin your retailer has to mark up 70% instead of 68%

Explain to me again how we don't all pay for that 2% shrinkage.

duty_calls_zps92959b8a.png

OMG..you have opened a can of worms...packages are not meant to be shared...If you don't drink enough to pay for a package..buy drinks as you want them...a la carte.

If they find you're "sharing", they can put you off the ship....it will be up to you and your $$$ to get back home.

Do people even read before they post? She already responded that she would just buy her drinks. No need to continue to be the royal police. Geesh.

Why people get all up in arms over a simple question, I don't know. Everyone has to immediately start calling someone a thief instead of just saying no that isn't allowed.

Edited by BeachChik