Guests on ship before saling

jerseyaxn

Has anyone bought the package where you can bring guests on board before you sail.I think it's $39.00 pp. Was it worth it?

Bon Voyage Experience! Yes its a good deal.

Have to make sure there is one for your US port sailing.

They are not on all of them.

We've done it twice. Once my wife and I did it ourselves because we needed to buy more FCD and once we took my son onboard for a BVE as a thank you for driving us to the port. It was well worth the money and the one my wife and I did alone we used the $39 each toward our next cruise so it was essentially free.

In 2010 - when the BVE just started - we took my DB and SIL to thank them for letting us mooch off them before a cruise. They loved it and have accompanied us on cruises in Alaska, the Caribbean, and Canada to Fort Lauderdale since then.

I've done it five times. Anyone can book a BVE; you don't have to be a guest of someone sailing.

You're among the first on the ship, boarding after in-transit passengers and any wedding party. You have your photo taken which is included and then have full run of the ship. You can buy drinks, an FCC, have lunch in the dining room or anywhere else on the ship.

We've done it twice, both times in Fort Lauderdale on the turnaround days of B2B cruises on other Princess ships. As others have mentioned, if you book a Princess cruise within (I think) 3 months, it's basically free and you get a photo and a glass of wine with lunch plus the opportunity to see a different ship.

I see it's offered on an upcoming cruise. Could I do a BVE and take care of my reservations for the Sanctuary and specialty restaurants?

No.

But if you have a friend/relative doing the BVE, you can board early with that friend as long as you have your booking tied to that friend's BVE booking.