Stick with what you like and you will be rewarded!

mattswiss

Our first cruise was with Princess.

We went once with Cunard in queens grill which was spectacular, but we always went back to Princess.

We cruised 7 times (always in Suites) and with the next cruise we will be Elite. We stayed with Princess because of their great loyalty program and we just simply never had a bad cruise.

Instead of jumping from one line to another we stuck with Princess and loved it. We will be retiring soon and now we can travel with Elite status and enjoy even more. Now we can take Mini Suites and get all the benefits of the Suites (minus breakfast at Sabatinis).

This will be easier on our wallet but still a lot of fun.

PS: Love the sip and sail cruise offers.:)

I always choose based on itinerary. Sometimes Celebrity, sometimes Princess and sometimes Cunard. I understand the value of loyalty but am also aware that it can be a soft handcuff.

Planning our retirement too. Its fun.

OP, congratulations on the upcoming retirement. We kind of agree about sticking with what you know for the loyalty rewards. We have never traveled in a suite so we have had to do twice as many cruises to get to Elite (two to go and both this summer and fall then we are there :cool:) and we are happy that we were able to do all of those cruises. However, we are also now looking at other lines and itineraries. If the value is there, we will absolutely try it out. We totally enjoy cruise vacations. Hopefully we will be able to continue to enjoy them.:D

If you're happy, then that's great. Personally, I think it's important to try different cruise lines so I know where I belong (to use Princess' old slogan). I've tried 8 different cruise lines so far and have learned a little bit along the way.

The more you cruise, the more you know what's important to you and where you fit in best. We've found that the big mega ships with all the bells and whistles that carry 4000-6000 passengers aren't for us. We prefer smaller ships that carry well-behaved, interesting, friendly passengers and have plenty of sunny deck space, a great gym, a good buffet and casual dining.

OP, you may be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had to try others to find where you belong. :)

Our first cruise was with Princess.

We went once with Cunard in queens grill which was spectacular, but we always went back to Princess.

We cruised 7 times (always in Suites) and with the next cruise we will be Elite. We stayed with Princess because of their great loyalty program and we just simply never had a bad cruise.

Instead of jumping from one line to another we stuck with Princess and loved it. We will be retiring soon and now we can travel with Elite status and enjoy even more. Now we can take Mini Suites and get all the benefits of the Suites (minus breakfast at Sabatinis).

This will be easier on our wallet but still a lot of fun.

PS: Love the sip and sail cruise offers.:)

Princess will give you more help when they know you are a loyal customer.

I am a living example of that fact.:)

I always choose based on itinerary. Sometimes Celebrity, sometimes Princess and sometimes Cunard. I understand the value of loyalty but am also aware that it can be a soft handcuff.

Planning our retirement too. Its fun.

Not for us, we still "sleep around" from time to time on other cruise lines BUT Princess is our favorite.

We do not cruise on Princess because we are Elite.

We are Elite because we like Princess best so cruise Princess most often. :D

LuLu

I like variety, so we sail on all different lines.

Happy Retirement! It's definitely an awesome time of life!

I agree - congrats to the OP. Princess is my favorite line, but I also like to switch around. Because I cruise frequently, I'm at a high or relatively high loyalty level on several cruise lines, so I get good perks on most cruises. I plan my cruises on itinerary and price and the only exception will probably be my next cruise as I am 1 away from Diamond on RCCL, so that is probably what I will sail on next.

thanks everybody for their well wishes. I guess it is the way we do things in life. We also always stick with one domestic and one international credit card, so we can get miles quicker.

But we do understand the need for variety.

Enjoy your cruises with whomever it will be...

We started with Princess and were happy. Princess sails from the west coast. It's convenient and we like the product they offer so we will stick with Princess.

Note: I very much doubt we will ever sail in a suite.

Enjoy your retirement, we love the fact that we can take 5 or 6 cruises a year now that we don't have to consider work any longer.

It is great that you love Princess but we choose based on itinerary and have found that there aspects of all of the mass market cruise lines that are better or worse than the other lines.

Just keep cruising and enjoying life.

Note: I very much doubt we will ever sail in a suite.

I'm not sure we will either, maybe for something like 50th wedding anniversary.

I am very happy with a balcony but miss the sofa so may go to mini suite.

Princess is also our favorite, but this next time we are trying her sister company,Carnival, since I am in school and can only travel during summer break. Not many choices for cruising in the summer months.

I really wish that all the companies under "the umbrella" would count toward loyality. I wouldn't have to feel like I am cheating. -I'm Just keeping it in the family.

10 choices = http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/