Royal Caribbean bumped us from our cabin and didn't tell us.

At least you're only 9 cabins away...that's not so bad! They might have put you on totally different decks!

as someone who sails with groups of 2 or 3 cabins multiple times per year.

I would say that 9 cabins is FAR away. especially if the intention was to open the divider up between the rooms. If they are not next to each other, they might as well be on different decks in my opinion... Plus, If I didn't care where I was I would have booked a GTY which would have probably been even cheaper...having them move your cabins, is pretty much the same as getting a gty in my opinion...

that being said. It does seem like a screw up between RCCl and your TA. Like others have said. I would take a hard line and push them as much as you can ( you dont want the OBC, you want rooms as you booked (side x side).

It will take some effort on your part ( and your TA) but I have a feeling you could come out ahead.

as for the rooms at the front of the ship... I dont like those (thats my preference) but if I booked midship and they moved me all the way forward, I would not be very happy.

Either way, I hope you have an amazing cruise and that whatever the compromise is, I hope it's enough for you ;)

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

OP: Would the connecting cabin be ok if it connected to your family? Could they move the other people that you connect to to your family's original cabin and put your family connecting to you? You could still keep the doors closed or open as you choose.

Edited by newbiecruiser09

Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. My travel agent is back on the phone to RC.

We booked midship rooms and I didn't think it was fair to move everybody to the front of the ship because at the moment my brother and sister in law are in the cabin they booked, if that makes sense.

Thanks for all the good wishes and advice. My travel agent is back on the phone to RC.

We booked midship rooms and I didn't think it was fair to move everybody to the front of the ship because at the moment my brother and sister in law are in the cabin they booked, if that makes sense.

I'm going to make some assumptions here, I could be wrong. I'll assume that the two rooms were linked together (that is the reservations were cross referenced). If that is the case one wonders why RC would split up a party and create two different guests angry because they are no longer adjoining and why they gave the room to the single other party?

For me, personally, I'd not settle for less than $250 OBC or both parties being upgraded to adjoining D category cabins. $100 OBC isn't enough for four people to even go for one specialty dinner. Hardly makes up for their screw up.

I'm going to make some assumptions here, I could be wrong. I'll assume that the two rooms were linked together (that is the reservations were cross referenced). If that is the case one wonders why RC would split up a party and create two different guests angry because they are no longer adjoining and why they gave the room to the single other party?

For me, personally, I'd not settle for less than $250 OBC or both parties being upgraded to adjoining D category cabins. $100 OBC isn't enough for four people to even go for one specialty dinner. Hardly makes up for their screw up.

Yes, the reservations were linked together.

Why not keep the connecting room and have RCCL ask if the people in the other half of the connecting are willing to switch with your brother? Then you'd be next door to your brother and whatever concerns you have about the connecting room might be alleviated.

Absolutely will not upgrade us to a D1 but an E2 has opened up right by the forward elevators, non connecting so we have moved to that. And $100 obc for both cabins so a slight improvement.

Thanks again for listening and offering advice.

That's funny, I just tried to get on the site and I'm getting the 'Oops' page. LOL. You have to laugh or it will drive you crazy.

I know, right, Oops, looks like Royal Caribbean is on vacation message, but pretty ocean video in the background.

OP, that happened to me several years ago. I caught in before boarding, but it turned out to be a non issue, but I do think they should tell you.

Sorry to hear you lost your cabin.

There was another thread about the same thing this year. From what I remembered what happend was that the travel agent had released the wrong cabin and realized their mistake and rebooked a different cabin. At first the TA blamed Royal. Then later the TA confused to what had happened.

Maybe someone else remembers.

Sorry to hear you lost your cabin.

There was another thread about the same thing this year. From what I remembered what happend was that the travel agent had released the wrong cabin and realized their mistake and rebooked a different cabin. At first the TA blamed Royal. Then later the TA confused to what had happened.

Maybe someone else remembers.

Noreen at RC Miami told me it was because the two cabins were booked in the exact same minute. She checked the booking log. I assume the other booking was just before ours but I cannot see how we were able to get an invoice with that room on it without the computer at RC querying it.

Edited by Pemcorgimum

It seems that Diamond and above cannot change but people with Emerald and below can. I am Emerald and I can make changes. Go figure.

I'm new to RCCL - first cruise booked for next year. Where on my profile is the Upgrade Preference? Don't see it on either cruising preferences or onboard preferences.

I know, right, Oops, looks like Royal Caribbean is on vacation message, but pretty ocean video in the background.

OP, that happened to me several years ago. I caught in before boarding, but it turned out to be a non issue, but I do think they should tell you.

I know this is a late response but i beat the 'Oops' page by Googling RCI and clicking on the 'Book A Cruise' link instead of the home page. Just a little FYI for future reference. It did help with pricing though.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats a mistake by your ta not by rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thinks some of these responses are written by RCCL staff.

Too BAD???

TA's fault ???

Booked at the exact same moment in time!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY ?????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by scootersdad

We are booked on Serenade's October 19th cruise from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale. The first week of booking we booked two E2 cabins next to each other midship on deck 8. I live in the UK and my brother and family live in the U.S. So we like to be close by or next to each other as we don't see each other often enough.

Last week as I started to complete the online checkin, I noticed that our cabin was different, a connecting cabin nine cabins away from the one we booked.

My travel agent had spent a lot of time the last week trying to get to the bottom of it. I emailed Mr. Bayley at RC and I had a phone call from Miami on Tuesday from a lady in head office.

It seems that another party booked " our" cabin at the exact same time as we did and we were bumped. Yet no one thought to tell us! If we had known at the time then we could have booked two other cabins next to each other.

On Tuesday they tried to offer us two cabins together but the only ones available were right at the front of the ship. So we decided to stay where we are although I have said as we are unlikely to get two cabins together, then I would just like to be moved from the connecting cabin. But at the moment the only E cabins free are those right at the front of the ship or connecting cabins. There are four D1 cabins available too but no offer of an upgrade! They have given us $ 100 OBC as a recompense.

My two concerns are that we were moved without being informed and we are in a connecting cabin which is not what we booked.

Just want to know if anyone thinks we can do any more or does anyone has any advice?

I know that you said that you have taken what you think is a satisfactory resolution by moving.

But I am going to echo what one other person said.

It seems (and this could be an incorrect assumption) that the OTHER passenger is NOT traveling with someone in the next cabin over.

In other words, call them cabins A, B & C.

You booked A&B.

They booked B.

They do NOT have C.

RC needs - yes NEEDS - to move THEM, not YOU.

Just makes NO SENSE to me at all.

Your travel agent is NOT earning his/her commission if s/he has not raised this issue!

:eek:

I know that you said that you have taken what you think is a satisfactory resolution by moving.

But I am going to echo what one other person said.

It seems (and this could be an incorrect assumption) that the OTHER passenger is NOT traveling with someone in the next cabin over.

In other words, call them cabins A, B & C.

You booked A&B.

They booked B.

They do NOT have C.

RC needs - yes NEEDS - to move THEM, not YOU.

Just makes NO SENSE to me at all.

Your travel agent is NOT earning his/her commission if s/he has not raised this issue!

:eek:

He did raise the issue, and then said after that failed that as D+ shouldn't we have had priority.. Of course the other people might be higher!

Edited by Pemcorgimum

Glad you got some resolution, but sorry for the frustration! The one thing I have noticed whenever someone posts these types of stories is that RC often seems unwilling/unable to take the action that makes the most sense. In this case it would be to move the people in the other cabin who are probably not sailing with another group. At minimum, why not upgrade both cabins to a D cabin, especially if it seems to be a small upgrade amount? It seems like such an easy fix and will keep a loyal customer (D+) happy. I don't understand their policies at times.

I'm new to RCCL - first cruise booked for next year. Where on my profile is the Upgrade Preference? Don't see it on either cruising preferences or onboard preferences.

It doesn't appear until after your first cruise when you are officially a CAS member. You can get your number before you cruise, but you're more of a "member in waiting" with none of the rights and privileges until that cruise is completed.

I just learned that myself - couldn't find them, couldn't find them, couldn't find them...and then my cruise was completed, my points appeared, and voila! the upgrade preferences button was there.