Diamond plus member rudely treated by fraudulent onboard offer

I would try calling Post Cruise Questions at (800) 256-6649.

I can report that this was successful! We called them today, was transferred to the loyalty desk where we provided our folio number from our cards. They reviewed the account, did see where our son is dp, and did see that we were in fact not credited or rebated, and that they were able to credit the 25 back to us.

They ALSO told us that this has happened before with the arcade credit, and to always call them to resolve any issues afterward that were not handled correctly.

I would update the original post, but I can't see the edit button.

Thank you for those who provided the advise on being able to fix this after coming home.

I can report that this was successful! We called them today, was transferred to the loyalty desk where we provided our folio number from our cards. They reviewed the account, did see where our son is dp, and did see that we were in fact not credited or rebated, and that they were able to credit the 25 back to us.

They ALSO told us that this has happened before with the arcade credit, and to always call them to resolve any issues afterward that were not handled correctly.

Thank you for those who provided the advise on being able to fix this after coming home.

Congratulations on a successful phone call. :)

Can you explain how that coupon actually worked since you had no issues with it in the past?

I really don't remember doing anything special with it, we put the $50 on my child's seapass card on day 1 or 2 and by day 4 or so, he had an additional $25 credit on his card. At one point we had to get him a new card because his stopped working so we went to guest services and had a new one made and I do remember asking if his arcade credit had transferred over, and it had. We never had to ask for it, it just showed up on the card.

Valid question. I left out the rudeness part. When we were talking to guest services , she was telling us that "you USA people think that a rebate is a return of the money". We said yes, and that was what the form stated. She told us that it is only a credit for an extra 25 dollars. When we showed her the sheet, and that it didn't say that, she just said the same thing over arguing that they don't owe us the 25 dollars back. So I didn't get the credit and I didn't get the rebate.

If I would have gotten either, I wouldn't be on here. At the same token, I would not have spent 50 in the arcade either. We only spent 50 because of the offer.

Now it all makes sense. When the coupon was paper-based, it was clearly a $25 addition to your arcade balance once you loaded the first $50. Put $50 into the machine (or charge it to your Sea Pass account), turn in the coupon, and your card would show $75. It was never put $50 in and get $25 of it credited back to your card. BTW, the arcade system is separate from the rest of the ships POS terminals. Usage there will only show up on your statement if you add additional $$ to your card in the arcade. Once the card is empty, you need to go back to the machine and re-load it. Arcade $$ left on your card at the end of the cruise go poof - not back to your seapass account.

The troubling part is you don't seem to understand the offer Royal made, or feel they aren't obligated to follow through on the offer.

Now, if you don't care about $25 that is your choice, but to tell OP they aren't owed anything is plain and simply wrong.

I NEVER told the OP that he/she wasn't owed anything. ACTUALLY, if you read my first post (post #15) you will see that I explained how to contact "Resolutions" and have it resolved if it was important to him/her. Resolutions is very good about resolving situations like this.

My point that you quoted was that because Royal Caribbean has done so much for me that I would try and not let a $25 screw up bother me….especially enough to result in not cruising with Royal Caribbean again.

Edited by beachnative

[emoji106] [emoji106]

I NEVER told the OP that he/she wasn't owed anything. ACTUALLY, if you read my first post (post #15) you will see that I explained how to contact "Resolutions" and have it resolved if it was important to him/her. Resolutions is very good about resolving situations like this.

My point that you quoted was that because Royal Caribbean has done so much for me that I would try and not let a $25 screw up bother me….especially enough to result in not cruising with Royal Caribbean again.

[emoji106] [emoji106]

Suggestions on how to help resolve is better than don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya type of post.

Additional suggestions for the OP - you can still email the ships concierge. Send the concierge your information and request the Loyalty Ambassador fix the issue.

I have no idea why the LA isn't available after 5PM on the last sea day. Seems like that would be a peak time for them to rectify these kind of issues and prevent them from becoming large ones, thus, retaining loyalty. Now haven't they separated out loyalty ambassador from future sales so the LA can focus on these things?

If it's the better approach in your opinion, that's fine. I wouldn't criticise you for this. However it wasn't your approach. You started to call out other posters - which I think is against board rules, but knowing your posts didn't come unexpected to me - instead of giving any advise to the OP at all.

I would post the same comment again in a similar situation, though I've learned the OP wasn't really serious in turning their back towards RCI.

maybe you should ask yourself if it is necessary to focus on what other posters say instead of actually commenting the OP.:rolleyes:

Glad to see that you had a positive ending. If you want the back and forth between CCers to stop, hit the triangle button and ask the mods to lock the thread.

...I would update the original post, but I can't see the edit button...

For future, the edit button is available on your own post for 20 minutes after you hit "submit". After that, it stays put unless a moderator removes it for you.

I think sometimes, in anger and frustration, people come here and post derogatory, inflammatory titles and posts... "fraudulent"... threaten to never cruise RCI again and we should all stay away... and then after getting some advise from cool-headed and experienced members here, they find their situation is resolved in a professional and courteous manner. Oh, it doesn't always happen this way, but more and more we are reading about resolutions.

Glad it all worked out.

I have no problem with the OP being frustrated by the situation and trying to get the rebate they were promised.

I do take exception to the use of the words "rudely" and "fraudulent" in the title. They seem to have been included out of anger and don't seem to be an accurate representation of the problem or the interactions with staff.

If a D+ member who has seemingly had no problems over many cruises wants to sever their relationship over the first glitch with on-board billing, then that's their business. It seems to me they are cutting off their nose to spite their face, but that's their decision.

FWIW, I'm not a cheerleader -- just a cruiser who's realistic enough to know that things can go wrong and sometimes you need an extra dose of patience to correct them.

Sanest post in this entire thread.

OP - glad you got your issue resolved, and happy cruising here on out whatever line that may be!

There is no way to "Know" that............ All we have to go by is a poster who makes a ridiculous post title ("fraudulent"......really??).

A D+ member who will never cruise them again over a 25.00 error that may still be able to be corrected? Hard to believe.

First of all know in quotation marks, how would you spell it, hopefully not no. Look it up. I usually give the poster the benefit of the doubt as I don't have a RCL cheerleader sweater. I've got about 250 days with them and if I thought they intensionaly screwed me out of $25, I would be cruising elsewhere, believe that.

Ok so it's a 'spend $50, get $25 more in credits' type of coupon. I do kinda see why the guest services person said that some guests think otherwise, although I doubt it's only Americans and he or she shouldn't have voiced it in those terms to a guest. You don't spend $50 and get $25 rebated for a net $25, you spend $50 and get $75 in credits, still spending $50. Not that I ever play in the arcade but good to know.

Edited by sr4mjc

Wild, thank you for the response and support. My wife and I are actually shocked at all the negativity towards us. I do admit I was a bit harsh in my post, as we wanted it to be informative to make others aware that THIS specific offer is not automatic like the others. But when you start typing these things out, you remember how you felt when it happened.

For anyone who needs proof of my dp status, I can send them pics of my sea pass cards, or of my nights on board credits (193) on my c&a account, or my pics from our Quantum event in NYC last year where we met with Adam Goldstein for the dynamic dining tasting.

No problem. I am glad to give it. People are very courageous with negativity but can be very cowardly in person. It is easy for people to hide behind their computer, ipad, iphone, galaxy or any other form of device they are using. Mistakes and promises from guest relations can happen because people are human. Last year we sailed on grandeur. There was an issue with our room. Due to the issue we were told that we would receive a letter delivered to our room regarding compensation for our troubles. I went to guest services several times and each time I had to explain the situation and no one knew about the compensation and was told to come back. I was persistent and never received a thing. Finally on the day of debarkation someone at guest relations helped me instead if passing me off and got me what was due me. Finally found out that my husband and I would be receiving a next cruise credit certificate worth 35% of what we paid on the current cruise we were debarking from. I understand your frustration, and only hope that your situation can be resolved and wish you luck.

You didn't get the point of my post explaining why I would not be upset over a $25 mistake in my bill.

So, here it is again may a little clearer: over the years, Royal Caribbean has given me so many extras, the value of which is well over $10,000, that a $25 mistake in my bill is minuscule compared to that which I have received.

(To say that the OP was fleeced is extremely far stretched.)

(To suggest that I send $25 to the OP is silly.)

Sorry - I think LMaxwell understood your post completely

LMaxwell - I can't quote all your posts because I completely AGREE with every one of them

OP - Im glad you got it resolved - you were entitled to a $25 credit - and as a guest and a customer you shouldn't have had to chase it while you were on the ship

I'm glad the issue is resolved.

I will say, however, that I would never leave something to the last day of the cruise simply because when I booked a new cruise while onboard, I opted for the credit to be applied to the cruise I was then on. When it hadn't shown up after a day and a half, I went to Guest Services to check on it, and I was told that it could take at least 48 hours for a credit to show up. Whether that's really the case or if it's just what they told me and then someone went looking for it I don't know. But I know that based on that, if I do anything that is to result in a credit, I'll make sure there are at least 48 hours left in the cruise.

I was with my son swiping the card for the games, as he is only 8. As for the hours, I check my emails all hours of the day. They work and live on the ship. From 5pm and 8am the next morning they can't check email from the front desk?

I did go to the diamond member lounge and they said only the loyalty ambassador could work with me. I wasn't directed to the concierge club, but will keep that in mind.

Had RCLs system given us the rebate or the credit, there would have been no issue. It didn't, and when trying to get support , no one could help... And the person who could help leaves at 5pm on the last day with no way to reach them on a ship? It's a matter of principal. I have never had an issue with anything on board...and the first time I have an issue, I'm chased away by everyone. Yes 25 is trivial over the thousands, but where do you draw the line. 100, 250,1000?

Ahhhh OP $25 is what you make in 10 minutes at your job so work 10 minutes and forget about the flippin $25:D

Why do people here always say you shouldn't waste your time over a trivial amount of money? See what happens if you try to disembark the ship when you owe RCI $25.00.

And what if Royal Caribbean owes you a larger refund or you had a problem with the cruise that really is due a larger compensation and they see the OP is complaining about trivial things and are like Sorry we have dealt with you a lot before and now we will not refund you the amount and please take your business somewhere else.

How do we know the OP has not complained about other trivial things onboard such as

1. The Towel in my suite is not folded properly.

2. You made a Cat instead of a Dog towel art(my son likes Dogs)

3. The coffee is not refilled fast enough

4. You forgot my wife's fork with her salad bring it now.

5.. The steak is not cooked to my liking so the OP sends it back more than once.

6. The OP does not tip because they are hard to please.

7. There is only one robe in the suite.

8. I can't watch NFL Football hence I want compensation.

The list goes on!!!! Please feel free to add to the other trivial complaints on this list!!

Edited by travelplus

You'll never win.... it's always fun to watch though. But what if... but what if.... lol.

Wow-so many saying to just let it go. I'll remember this the next time Royal changes something and threads explode with people wanting what they paid for or feel they are entitled to. We'll see the opinions on what's trivial then!!!:eek:

LovesCruising- for some reason my quote button is not working but your post needed a like button from me!!;)

And what if Royal Caribbean owes you a larger refund or you had a problem with the cruise that really is due a larger compensation and they see the OP is complaining about trivial things and are like Sorry we have dealt with you a lot before and now we will not refund you the amount and please take your business somewhere else.

How do we know the OP has not complained about other trivial things onboard such as

1. The Towel in my suite is not folded properly.

2. You made a Cat instead of a Dog towel art(my son likes Dogs)

3. The coffee is not refilled fast enough

4. You forgot my wife's fork with her salad bring it now.

5.. The steak is not cooked to my liking so the OP sends it back more than once.

6. The OP does not tip because they are hard to please.

7. There is only one robe in the suite.

8. I can't watch NFL Football hence I want compensation.

The list goes on!!!! Please feel free to add to the other trivial complaints on this list!!

Actually #8 should be, can't watch their NFL team.

As a first Time poster, I wanted to clarify that I am / was a very loyal cruiser to RCCL. they do have the best ships, and some of the nicest people. The Oasis is a beautiful ship, and I have had the pleasure to travel on it 3 times. However I wanted to share my recent on board experience and to alert other travelers of this situation so they are not affected by this issue.

I have been loyal to Royal for 17 years, and now I may never sail on royal again, all on a matter of principal. My son received a paper in his room stating word for word the following:

"Receive a $25 rebate when you purchase $50 in arcade credits. Credit will be applied after arcade purchase."

We purchased $50.00 of arcade credits on 8/18. We played a little over half of the credits that evening. We noticed that we were billed the full 50.00 amount for the arcade. We headed to the guest services, and waited for 30 minutes. When meeting with the front desk, they stated that the 25.00 rebate would show up only after the full 50.00 was used. We understood this, and used the remaining $50.00 of arcade over the rest of our cruise. On the last night, we noticed there was still no refund of 25.00 and we also looked at the card thinking maybe they gave us the money in arcade credits, and the balance was still 0.

We headed to the front desk again, waiting an hour in line this time. This time we spoke with Miriam Palomares. After explaining our situation to Miriam, she told us that they could not issue the credit, and that we needed to deal with the loyalty ambassador. She told us the loyalty ambassador would get back to us. When searching for the loyalty ambassador, we found out that they end their hours at 5pm on the last day at sea. We were promised someone contacting us back before the end of our trip. No one contacted us. No 25.00 refund to our account. I even checked the card on departure day seeing if we had 25.00 in arcade credits, and we did not.

This is fraudulent. We didn't get a 25 dollar rebate as stated, and nor did we get 25.00 in credit. No one seemed to care to address the issue. How does the loyalty ambassador not work past 5pm on the last day, nor do they reach back to a loyal member to address the situation. How does the technical process not either give the 25.00 rebate as stated, nor does it give a 25.00 credit in arcade credits if that is what it was supposed to do.

We also had "mini bar" charges for water when none of it was used. But they took care of this for us. Always check your bills.

Anyone have any similar experiences as I have outlined with the on board offers?

We are going to try to see if our credit card company can do a partial chargeback.

Really? You are now "possibly" going to change cruise lines and give up your D+ cruising benefits over a $25 rebate issue? Isn't that a little dramatic?