trans-Atlantic cruise followed by European cruise

cruisin froggy

Has anyone ever done this? We are considering it and think it would be fantastic! But I would love to know what problems there may be to be aware of. Thanks.

Drain on bank account? ;) LOL. I say go for it. I've done both but not b2b. Sounds like all kinds of fun.

Have done it several times.

Just need to make arrangements for paying bills for a longer period of time while on a longer trip. (and for getting your lawn, if you have one, mowed.)

Menus will repeat as you start the second segment as well as the Production shows and the CD's jokes.

DH and I have done two TA's as B2B's and are getting ready to do our third.

We prefer to have our long flight at the beginning though, so it's the reverse to what you are doing.

We have a pet/house sitter that comes and stays at our house while we are gone. I leave her two typed pages of instructions, plus an entire list of emergency phone numbers. Luckily, my sister and my mom live close by in case the house sitter needs help.

She has our email and cell numbers, as well as the ship's phone number, our cabin number, and our itinerary.

I set up a lot of bills to auto pay or charge to a credit card. We have online banking, so it's easy to check stuff from the ship.

We have Princess give us one bill at the end. This way any shipboard credit can carry over to the second cruise and your credit card does get charged until the end of the B2B.

Hope this helps and enjoy your long cruise.

No problems at all. We loved it. This past spring did a TA from FLL and then stayed on for the British Isles. We were on the Royal and almost 800 people did the same thing. We met other people who got off in Southampton and went on other ships instead of a b2b on the same ship.

No problems at all. We loved it. This past spring did a TA from FLL and then stayed on for the British Isles. We were on the Royal and almost 800 people did the same thing. We met other people who got off in Southampton and went on other ships instead of a b2b on the same ship.

And I was on the Royal TA and British Isles with you. Had a wonderful time! We've done it the other way too. Doesn't matter which way you do it, there's plenty to enjoy with a B2B (or a B2B2B). :)

Wonderful! Did the reverse both times...

I think better that way ..cruise back

to Ca. No air flight back, only going.

Gain hours too which is nice.

Just have to plan things at home ahead of time

and you know you will need more money.

Only problem..deciding what clothes to take!

Book it and enjoy..Life is to short!

Edited by Belle

We're leaving this morning on a Baltics/TA! Fly to Germany and end up in NYC in a month.

I agree about the bills; I set up as many as possible for ebill which will auto pay through my bank account. There was only one that I couldn't ebill, and I just put in a recurring payment for enough to cover it. I'll cancel the recurring payment when I get back and go back to paying it normally. I don't know what people did before online banking......

Newspaper and mail are stopped, neighbors are keeping an eye on the house, pets are at the sitters....I think we're ready!

It sounds wonderful! I'm convinced! And I agree. Do everything you can while you can. Now all I have to do is decide which itinerary. We would be leaving from the west coast so any suggestions? Thanks everyone.

I guess you'd have to do a Panama Canal transit to get to the Atlantic Ocean if you want to do a transatlantic trip to Europe.

I guess you'd have to do a Panama Canal transit to get to the Atlantic Ocean if you want to do a transatlantic trip to Europe.

That's what I figured but it would be probably April or so since ships won't sail the canal much after that and we would most likely have to fly back. Too bad it couldn't be a total cruise with no flights at all. No ships (even different lines) come to the states earlier than fall do they? And I would prefer the entire trip to be on Princess.

I met a fellow on a cruise, can't remember which line, who told me of all the places he had been to in the world. I told him I envied him because I'm not a happy flyer and will find many reasons to not fly anymore. He said, "Oh, I don't fly, I cruise everywhere I go. He's been all over the world and never once flown. Now that's how I want to spend my retirement years. I've done quite a bit of study and there are many ways, without spending a fortune, to get back and forth both oceans all the while visiting most all major continents. Oh, and I'm not talking about the "World Cruises."

We have done B2B TA and Europe. It was 26 days and the best cruise we have ever had. I suggest that you book the same cabin for both parts and that you book each cruise separately. That way you get OBC for both cruises. Buy 100 shares of Carnival stock and your OBC is at least $350, plus any other shipboard credit you can pick up. Just do what you would arrange if you were going to be away for a long time, e.g. bills, pets, appointments, etc. and have a marvelous time.

I met a fellow on a cruise, can't remember which line, who told me of all the places he had been to in the world. I told him I envied him because I'm not a happy flyer and will find many reasons to not fly anymore. He said, "Oh, I don't fly, I cruise everywhere I go. He's been all over the world and never once flown. Now that's how I want to spend my retirement years. I've done quite a bit of study and there are many ways, without spending a fortune, to get back and forth both oceans all the while visiting most all major continents. Oh, and I'm not talking about the "World Cruises."

I would love to avoid flying but I can't imagine how to do it. How did this person manage to not fly without a world cruise? Where does he start from? Maybe being on the west coast makes it hard.