Spain Day Tours??

spinsbabe

21 hours ago, May B said:

We often tour on our own, with a heavy dose of Rick Steves walking tours. I can see now why you’re hesitant to go with Spain Day Tours. Enjoy, whatever you decide!

This having been said, I must add that my few experiences with Spain Day Tours have been outstanding. We had a tour booked for October, 2020, and the refund was immediate and accurate. The tour we took in Valencia was wonderful.

I wonder if the person who was answering you, CoconutJo, was having a bad day, or reacting to something that had just happened.

However you do it, have a blast! Barcelona’s a great city. People report loving the food tours (in a true foodie city!).

We have been customers of Spain Day Tours for many years now.  We know they  deliver a great tour at a good price. 

The tour  provided of Malaga to Granada and a visit to Alhambra did not disappoint. The  van to transport us to Granada was on time, clean and comfortable.Julio was our driver and provided us with  safe driving.   Our guide on the van was Miguel, who provided us with many interesting facts as we traveled. 

We were turned over to our guide at Alhambra , Daniel, who provided us with much of the history of the Alhambra .  Daniel was very entertaining and provided an interesting commentary. Our tour of the Alhambra was approximated 2 1/2 hours. Daniel set a pace that accommodated everyone's fitness level.

Julio and Miguel were able to provide us with a short tour of Malaga before returning us to the ship.   We arrived back to the ship in plenty of time for sail away. 

We highly recommend Spain Day Tours.  They have proved to be a reliable company to provide excellent tours in Spain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, May B said:

This having been said, I must add that my few experiences with Spain Day Tours have been outstanding. We had a tour booked for October, 2020, and the refund was immediate and accurate. The tour we took in Valencia was wonderful.

I wonder if the person who was answering you, CoconutJo, was having a bad day, or reacting to something that had just happened.

However you do it, have a blast! Barcelona’s a great city. People report loving the food tours (in a true foodie city!).

You are probably correct, May B! I am going with all of the great reviews and quit overthinking this! We will probably use them for Valencia and Cartagena too! Thanks for your help!

Edited by elliekate
  • Like 1

We used Spain Day Tours on our Viking Cruise. They were terrific! Our port got moved from Barcelona to Valencia one week out and they quickly returned our cost to our credit card. The tour we took to Malaga, Granada and Alhambra was great. We were picked up easily at the dock on a bigger bus, moved to 2 smaller groups at Alhambra with a guide for 10 persons and then taken to Granada with a guide who directed us for lunch. We were given a travelogue both coming and going to our ship and got back on time. Well worth the cost and service!

We visited 4 ports in Spain on our 22 (10+12) day cruise on Carnival. We took Spain Day tours in 2 of the ports (at the other 2 we had a specific thing we wanted to do).

Both of our Spain Day tours were great - Vigo to Baiona and La Coruna to Santiago de Compostela. The costs were much less than the Carnival tours and we had only 12 passengers on each. Both tours had guided walking parts, but what we liked the most was the free time on our own instead of being herded for most of the tour.

SPAIN DAY TOURS

Used them many times, all good until this May when we canceled a tour 48 hours before 

waiting for the refund as outlined in the terms but Emilia is always looking into it then never get back to me.  Let email from her was June 4th.

I am going to turn it over to my VISA card for a charge back

Spain Day Tours Refund Update !

I guess it might be the power of CC

Just got this email :

Dear George,

I apologize for the late reply – we are literally falling off our feet with demand.  We are super short staff and everyone is putting in 12 hours and more everyday for 7 days a week!

Our accounts person will refund you right now for the full amount so you will see it in your credit card statement online today.  Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,
Emilia Geronimo

S p a i n   D a y   T o u r s  

Top-class Excursions in Beautiful Spain

That being said , they have come through 

Miz

• Like 4

Just got off the Viking Trade Routes of the Middle Ages cruise May 28 - June 11, 2022

Viking did not offer a tour to Alhambra, so we decided to book this through Spain Day Tours.

Here is our review:

Alhambra Tour Review
MALAGA TO GRANADA --- full day shared tour
Date: May 31, 2022
We are so happy that we did this. The entire event went like clockwork. We managed to get 22 folks to sign up and everyone agreed that this was well worth the price paid. The bus was there at the pier when we got there, and everything went as described and planned. Our tour guide on the bus was simply the best we could hope for. He was extremely knowledgeable and gave us all a glimpse of all the sites we were passing by. We had a comfort stop about 30 minutes before we reached Alhambra, and this was very well planned since the restrooms at Alhambra were small and crowded. This also gave us more time to tour this fantastic complex of gardens and palaces. Our tour guide on the grounds was also extremely well versed in all there was to see and took the time to allow us to enjoy the experience. The additional panoramic tour of Grenada could have been a little bit better planned since we were left to roam the city for too short a time to sit and have lunch, but we really needed more time to do this. It would have been better if the tour included a lunch stop and cost a bit more to cover that.
All-in-all, the day was a memorable one and we would highly recommend it to anyone interested in exploring this wonderful site.

• Like 2

We just finished 34 days in Europe on land and on cruise.  We used Spain Day Tours in two locations; Cadiz to Seville and Lisbon to Sintra.  Both tours were excellent.  Organizing with them was easy.  The tour guides were excellent, as were the busses.  I would highly recommend them!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We went on a tour of Santiago de Compostela with Spain Day Tours and it was absolutely wonderful.  We enjoyed our day in that beautiful city, despite the pouring rain.  Emilia's commentary throughout the tour was informative and sometimes humorous - a delightful mix.  Excellent Job!  I would definitely use them again.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, bontemps1 said:

We went on a tour of Santiago de Compostela with Spain Day Tours and it was absolutely wonderful.  We enjoyed our day in that beautiful city, despite the pouring rain.  Emilia's commentary throughout the tour was informative and sometimes humorous - a delightful mix.  Excellent Job!  I would definitely use them again.  

Quick question for you - I am considering doing this tour. I was recently "churched out" by another trip to Europe. Is this city worth seeing? I have a friend from Spain who said this is a MUST. My alternate choice is Lugo. I would hate to miss a MUST but I watched Rick Steves video of this port and was sort of bored. Though - he bores me anyway. Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Quick question for you - I am considering doing this tour. I was recently "churched out" by another trip to Europe. Is this city worth seeing? I have a friend from Spain who said this is a MUST. My alternate choice is Lugo. I would hate to miss a MUST but I watched Rick Steves video of this port and was sort of bored. Though - he bores me anyway. Thanks for your input!

Santiago is a MUST.  The church is a MUST.  Read a little bit about it and the "botafumeiro."

Lugo is boring.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marazul said:

Santiago is a MUST.  The church is a MUST.  Read a little bit about it and the "botafumeiro."

Lugo is boring.

Thank you! 😎 I appreciate it. I did send request into Spain Day tours about an hour ago. I appreciate you responding.

I am also doing same Lisbon your you did.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great company with fantastic tour guides and drivers don’t waste your time looking for another company 

do your research and just pick a place where you want to go 

sit back ,enjoy the ride and learn and experience other cultures

We recently used Spain Day Tours for a pick up from cruise terminal, morning tour of Lisbon, and drop off at hotel. The tour was ok, not one of the best we have ever been on, but the driver did drive by all the major places attractions and stopped giving us time to look around. I did have some issues: 1. the pricing for this tour was initially quoted about 20 euro less then the price we paid upon booking. Watch the pricing, because I noted that in quotes for Alhambra the pricing was variable too. 2. We were picked up early on a Sunday. So traffic in town was good, some venues were closed, which resulted in a tour that was closer to 3hrs, we had paid for 4 hrs. Much of that time was just driving around industrial areas. The tour company/driver could have adjusted for these circumstances and made better use of our time. Especially since they had increased the tour fee.

• 2 weeks later...

We are 100% sold on Spain Day Tours!  As seasoned travelers, we feel we know the ropes and are confident when planning a quality itinerary.  But after booking and experiencing SDT in La Coruña, Vigo and Santa Cruz de Tenerife, we feel we have more to learn from the experts.

Their booking, confirmation and pre-tour communications were excellent.  Every potential question was answered before we could ask.  Last minute changes were met with specific, detailed revised plans that flowed flawlessly.

SDT's professional guides and assurance of small groups were exactly as promised.  Rosanna in La Coruña, Maria in Vigo & Baiona and Alicia in Santa Cruz de Tenerife were each excellent,  informative and professional.

The coaches/buses were spotless and expertly driven, often on narrow roads and in tight quarters.  The itineraries were varied and informative.  We returned to our ship with experiences that eclipsed those of our fellow passengers who had booked shore excursions from the cruise line at a higher price.  We will certainly call on Spain Day Tours whenever possible.

• Like 1

just did a full day Lisbon, Sintra tour with Spain Day Tours and it was the best!  Our tour guide, Bernardo, was highly qualified, personable and brought lots of energy, information and fun to our day!  It could not have been better!  I would highly recommend Spain Day Tours every time!  Exceptional value!   

• Like 1

We used Spain Day Tours for our Granada/Alhambra tour.

Thank you very much for organizing such a wonderful tour:
The tour guide Debby was great, helpful, organized, thorough and explained everything well. 
The driver from Belgium was nice, friendly, and drove us safely from one place to another .
The local guide Danny was personable and knowledgeable and took great pains to show us the amazing Alhambra Palace.
We wish we had a little more time to explore the city centre of Grenada.

All in all, it was a fabulous tour and all 6 of us enjoyed it immensely. We will no doubt book future tours through Spain Day Tours and will highly recommend it to our friends.

• Like 2

In November 2022, we also had tours with Spain Day Tours.  We had tours in Palma Mallorca, Barcelona, Malaga, Cadiz and Lisbon.  We thoroughly enjoyed all our tours.  All guides were professional, informative, polite and caring.  They were able to answer any and all questions that we had.  All tours had us returning to the ship in good time.  In booking these tours, Spain Day Tours was always very responsive to any questions that we had.  I highly recommend Spain Day Tours!

Is there a minimum number of people that have to go on a tour?  I asked on my roll call if anyone was interested in doing tours in any of the six ports in Spain and Portugal on my cruise.  Some said they will review this company but no one gave me any confirmed interest.    My cruise is not until May, 2023.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:36 PM, EllieinNJ said:

Is there a minimum number of people that have to go on a tour?  I asked on my roll call if anyone was interested in doing tours in any of the six ports in Spain and Portugal on my cruise.  Some said they will review this company but no one gave me any confirmed interest.    My cruise is not until May, 2023.

I did 3 tours last month with them. On those tours, they needed 10 for the tour to go.

I hope to write a longer review later but I can tell you that Spain Day Tours is an exceptional company and I was extremely pleased with the 3 tours I did with them. They will be my go to tour company in the future for this area.

Edited by Coral