How does Reflection compare with Eclipse?

Jo and Rob

lois

Which ship is Perry now on?

Txs

Hi...I have no clue. I just know a few months back a long, long

thread was posted about him leaving Celebrity. I think it said

he was going to Princess. You might ask Andy.........he just

sailed on Princess.

Edited by Lois R

None of the specialty dining rooms are worth the amount that is charged on celebrity, but as long as all of you agree to their prices and think it is so wonderful to eat there they will continue with these ridiculous charges, and yes, I have eaten in most of them. There is nothing better about the Tuscan grill compacted to the steakhouse on princess which is only $25 pp, now that is reasonable.

None of the specialty dining rooms are worth the amount that is charged on celebrity, but as long as all of you agree to their prices and think it is so wonderful to eat there they will continue with these ridiculous charges, and yes, I have eaten in most of them. There is nothing better about the Tuscan grill compacted to the steakhouse on princess which is only $25 pp, now that is reasonable.

Totally agree with you! Yes, we are Elite+ on X, Elite on Princess and Diamond+ on RCI. Did all 3 lines this year and have 3 more booked the remainder of this year. One on Eclipse and 2 on Regal Princess. X is the highest priced of all the 3. Why?

Totally agree with you! Yes, we are Elite+ on X, Elite on Princess and Diamond+ on RCI. Did all 3 lines this year and have 3 more booked the remainder of this year. One on Eclipse and 2 on Regal Princess. X is the highest priced of all the 3. Why?

We would have to know the details of your cruises to answer that question. Are they the same number of days and comparable locations and inclusions?

I also cruise on Princess sometimes mostly for the different ports, but it is usually more expensive than Celebrity. The two Caribbean Celebrity cruises we have booked include the 123 All inclusive and the costs were not even close. The pricing on our two TAs were closer.

I have yet to book a cruise with the BBB pricing so it might be different. I find the same thing when comparing to RCI. I will make sure to look closer on my next booking.

You do have my interest, so I hope you share the details of your cruises, so I can compare.

Thanks

We would have to know the details of your cruises to answer that question. Are they the same number of days and comparable locations and inclusions?

I also cruise on Princess sometimes mostly for the different ports, but it is usually more expensive than Celebrity. The two Caribbean Celebrity cruises we have booked include the 123 All inclusive and the costs were not even close. The pricing on our two TAs were closer.

I have yet to book a cruise with the BBB pricing so it might be different. I find the same thing when comparing to RCI. I will make sure to look closer on my next booking.

You do have my interest, so I hope you share the details of your cruises, so I can compare.

Thanks

All quotes are 2 passengers in same cabin.

Going on Eclipse Nov 2015 Balcony Deck 7 13 day price with Classic Pkg (2) - $3,302.

Then going on Regal Princess Balcony 14 day without Bev pkg - $2,348.

You can say since we are getting Classic Pkg that is a better deal. However, we don't really drink that much and since we are Elite+, we get a minimum of 3 drinks per nite at 5-7pm. On Princess, All Inclusive Beverage Package are only $49 per person, per day

We have cruised on the Regal and Equinox this past Feb 2015. Both same type cabins (Balcony.) Princess was a 7 day cruise for $948 and Equniox was 11 day for $2,847. No packages on either.

On Princess we always get Military Discount of $100, plus $75 for under 50 Princess cruises. If over 51 on Princess the OBC is $100. Whereas, on X very seldom get Military Discount.

Edited by Oxo

• 5 weeks later...

I sail on Reflection Feb 27. My 2 other Celebrity cruises were Solstice & Silhouette. I noticed that on the Solstice, the structural tube separating the window panes in the Ocean View was right at eye level. For the Silhouette if was below the table top making for a good view to the water. Should I expect the Reflection to be the same as Silhouette?

One of the biggest differences is the loss of about 40% of the Sky Lounge on the Reflection. Rooms were added along the port side.

If you are sailing Aqua class, Blu is more crowded with more tables and more diners. For us, that meant less attentive service than we had been used to.

We also miss the Hot Glass show on Reflection.

Both are clean ships with great crews.

Since the Sky lounge is never used it's no big deal that's it's smaller.

That's just my point. It's never used properly as a public place for dancing and socializing. Only private functions.

5-7 PM for sure, but it is available and not very busy after 7 PM. I agree that it is really not a big deal that is smaller on the Reflection, but it is my least favorite change on the Reflection. My wife and I like to relax there when it is not busy during the day and sometimes in the evening.

That's just my point. It's never used properly as a public place for dancing and socializing. Only private functions.

Ah, I understand.

5-7 PM for sure, but it is available and not very busy after 7 PM. I agree that it is really not a big deal that is smaller on the Reflection, but it is my least favorite change on the Reflection. My wife and I like to relax there when it is not busy during the day and sometimes in the evening.

We also dislike the change. We love sitting up there for the quiet and the views.

The smaller venue greatly impacts the experience.

I'm sure X decided they needed a meeting place. The normal meeting place on S ships was up on the same deck as the Sky View Lounge. On Reflection, they took that space and turned them into about 5 super suites.

And they took about 1/3 to 40% of the Sky View Lounge and turned it into a super duper Reflections Suite.

As someone briefly touched on, they replaced the Quasar disco on early S class ships with a conference room on Reflection. Kind of dumb in my opinion as it takes away another club/lounge and replaces it with something that is rarely used...especially in the evening.

We have just arrived home after a week on Reflection followed by 2 weeks on Eclipse.

I thought the Reflection felt crowded and it seems that she has 250 more passengers than Eclipse. Also, part of the Lawn is now devoted to Cabanas and hammocks so not so much room for lawn games.

We found the service in Cafe Al Bacio much more efficient on Reflection.

Overall, I preferred the Eclipse as it seemed much less cluttered and much less crowded. We also liked the Sky Lounge without the missing space. The Sky Lounge was frequently used for quizzes, karaoke, dancing etc. I think it is down to the Cruise Director's team to keep the place busy.

Good idea to put the table tennis tables in Quasar during the day!!

The worst thing is the additional deck on reflection. our first reflection trip this year made us realise how much one gets in the habit of deck 12 for ocean view on eclipse , solstice etc . its 14 on reflection [emoji32]

just hope i can remember - going back to eclipse next month [emoji41]

• 2 weeks later...

Holding Reflection for Transatlantics in 2016 and 2017. Never been on anything but M class. I've read here that SV 7364 has a wider veranda than the others on S class ships but I see Reflection is numbered differently on the deck 7 SV's than the other S classes. Is 7364 wider on Reflection too?

Our cruise buds, having done Eclipse and Equinox couldn't wait to get us on an X Solstice class ship. Their experience with the 2 was stellar. So we all booked Reflection.

From the start, they were VERY disappointed with the service. We couldn't make comparison since it was our first, and all loved the ship itself. There was just something lacking with the service at the bars. These folks drink pretty heavily on cruise and they usually make requests that are followed to the letter with a smile. Our buddy could not even find olives for his dirty martinis in 2 of the bars early in the day. What bar on a ship does not have olives? Their were other Faux Pas as the week wore on by the bar staff.

Next, they complained about Blu and the quality didn't measure up to their 2 other experiences. We absolutely loved the MDR food, we did not do the Aqua class.

Of course this situation could have changed in weeks if not days and no 2 ships are ever alike...but from what they say, they will not cruise Reflection again. I know this is contrary to some good reviews she gets. Oh, we loved the Porch, sorry to hear it will be gone and of course my favorite bar was Molecular, very much saddened at that elimination!

We are doing Alaska on Solstice next year and are hoping she will satisfy. We are more laid back in our expectations so it will be good!

Edited by BecciBoo