I'm back - Royal Princess Insights vs. Celebrity

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just returned home from 10 days on Royal Princess. We had a very nice cruise. I plan to write a review, but, I'm currently deciding on whether it should be strictly a Princess review, or a comparison to Celebrity - so I need your help. Please let me know which format you prefer.

Also, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. The internet was extremely slow, and I didn't have many complimentary minutes, so it was costly to stay connected with work, and keeping an eye out for alerts.

I'm glad to be back - Missed being a part of our wonderful forum. Looking forward to your questions, and review feedback. Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Welcome back, Andy!! Very glad to hear you had a nice cruise.

I also would be interested in a comparative review. I find they are especially valuable to me when they come from someone whose perspective on Celebrity I am both familiar with, and respect.

Thank for taking the time. It is most appreciated!!

Welcome back Andy

we'd also appreciate a comparison...we are booked on Ruby for a Coastal cruise....but general comparison of the two lines would be a big help!

Edited by hcat

Hi Andy. Welcome back.

I too would like to see a comparison. Watching live entertainment options deteriorate from our perspective, we would really like an honest opinion from a Celebrity stalwart. I really miss the gang with whom we sailed so often because we had similar tastes. Modern luxury does not necessarily appeal to everyone.

The internet was extremely slow, and I didn't have many complimentary minutes, so it was costly to stay connected with work, and keeping an eye out for alerts.!

I believe this is a complaint regardless of the cruise line. Here is a comparison of the number of minutes provided by:

Princess 6th cruise or 51 days and above - Internet Minutes (Free)

VOYAGE MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

Celebrity Free Minutes (Complimentary)

Elite - 90-minute Internet package

Elite+ - 200-minute Internet package

Zenith - 1600-minute Internet package

Celebrity gives out more minutes if you are Zenith. Long way to go to make that level.