Stateroom Amenities Survey

MustangGT

I think Princess needs to tread carefully here. There's a difference between perks that are neutral and perks that take away from and/or give the appearance of lessening the experience of those who don't receive the perks. It doesn't impact my vacation in any way if those in suites get unlimited internet or a specialty dinner one night or a bottle of Opus One and a butler to draw their bath. However, if the best seats in the theatre are reserved for those in suites or if prime venues at prime times are reserved for suite people or the best waiters/best tables in the dining room are cordoned off, then I think that's problematic on a mass-market cruise experience. When we sign up for Cunard, we know going in what to expect. Princess, however, is no Cunard.

P.S. And if Bhopal21 gets his eucalyptus stuff back, then I want some, too! Otherwise, To The Barricades!!

I agree that if Princess wants to create another suite category and charge extra for some perks, it should not impact other passengers. Now that so many suggestions have been posted, I probably should have given more thought before answering with my ideas:o

It will be interesting to see if Princess does create a 'Super Suite" option.

While we have sailed in a suite, balconies and oceanview, our next cruise is our trial "Inside" cruise. Hoping we aren't treated as steerage by April!:D

I am definitely in agreement here. There are enough suite amenities for the price. Remember they already have enough real estate by the size of stateroom and balcony to justify the extra $$. Let's not create class snobbery here.

Princess is looking for their share of the "snob market." There are people who like to lord it over other people and brag about how much they spend. Everyone know someone like that, I'd bet. For those types, perhaps Cunard is really out of the budget, but if they can be the stuck-ups on a less expensive line, like Princess, I'm sure there will be someone to take them up on it.

I so wish I got Princess surveys!! Thank you for posting about this. I can't believe Princess would dare to consider charging suite pax extra for any of those upgrades. If they add any perks, they should be free. It does seem like Princess has been copying RCI a lot lately, and I wish they would try to differentiate themselves more instead of copy. There's a reason many of us are loyal to Princess, and we want to continue to be. I like the idea of enhancing the perks for suites but don't think they should be at the detrimate of others. It does seem like the pendulum is swinging back to the days of old with a caste system.

I so wish I got Princess surveys!! Thank you for posting about this. I can't believe Princess would dare to consider charging suite pax extra for any of those upgrades. If they add any perks, they should be free. It does seem like Princess has been copying RCI a lot lately, and I wish they would try to differentiate themselves more instead of copy. There's a reason many of us are loyal to Princess, and we want to continue to be. I like the idea of enhancing the perks for suites but don't think they should be at the detrimate of others. It does seem like the pendulum is swinging back to the days of old with a caste system.

There is no such thing as a 'free perk'. You pay for everything you get.

If you think any additional perks should not be at the detriment of others, then we'll need to get rid of the loyalty perks as well. After all, someone is paying for those too.

The survey mentioned that this was to add another Suite level. I would assume that not all Suite passengers would have to pay more. It would be an option. Then again, depending on them survey results, they may abandon the idea.

Remember they already have enough real estate by the size of stateroom and balcony to justify the extra $$.

I am not sure that all those who have sailed in full suites on the Riyal and Regal will agree with you about all that extra inside room and larger balcony size.

Princess is looking for their share of the "snob market." There are people who like to lord it over other people and brag about how much they spend. Everyone know someone like that, I'd bet. For those types, perhaps Cunard is really out of the budget, but if they can be the stuck-ups on a less expensive line, like Princess, I'm sure there will be someone to take them up on it.

I'm not for reserved seating in the theater or taking anything away areas from other passengers, but blanket vilifying those who spend the extra money is just not fair. I work my tail off with OT at work and do spend a hefty amount to enjoy a suite when I can. I do not brag about anything nor do I think or act like, what you call "stuck ups."

I might pay the extra fee for the extra perks, but that doesn't mean I think I'm any better than someone in an inside.

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We have always stayed in a suite and I answered all we wanted was for Princess to restore the complimentary internet and Lotus Spa Eucalyptus products that they have taken away from us.

Mike:)

We still have some eucalyptus stuff from past cruises! lol! :)

We have been on a dozen princess cruises in balconies and minis. We are booked for our very first full suite. We are old enough that this could very well be our last cruise, and believe me, I will enjoy each and every perk we can get.

We definitely are paying for it!!!!!!

marge

Originally Posted by caribill View Post

I am not sure that all those who have sailed in full suites on the Riyal and Regal will agree with you about all that extra inside room and larger balcony size.

Nope, we sure wouldn't.....

Bob

I did think of you, Bob when I read caribill's reply. I remember your disappointment in the Owner's Suite on Royal. You saved many people from the same disappointment by letting us know.

I did think of you, Bob when I read caribill's reply. I remember your disappointment in the Owner's Suite on Royal. You saved many people from the same disappointment by letting us know.

Bob's post from that cruise was the inspiration for my post on this thread.

Bob's post from that cruise was the inspiration for my post on this thread.

I think his sharing of his Owner's Suite was eye-opening for many!

That's what I love about CC - a community of informative, helpful cruisers sharing the good, the bad and the ugly :-)

I'm not for reserved seating in the theater or taking anything away areas from other passengers, but blanket vilifying those who spend the extra money is just not fair. I work my tail off with OT at work and do spend a hefty amount to enjoy a suite when I can. I do not brag about anything nor do I think or act like, what you call "stuck ups."

I might pay the extra fee for the extra perks, but that doesn't mean I think I'm any better than someone in an inside.

Bob

Bob,

Well said. We agree. We are not rich, we do all our own lawn work, snow removal, cleaning etc. We save all year to do the suite and do no other vacations, not even short trips. We don't go out to eat or do other things and feel we would rather save and get the perks of the suite. Mainly, we like Sabatini's for breakfast. My hubby enjoys the balcony on the back of the Emerald...this is the last time we will be doing Emerald due to repositioning. We will truly miss the promenade and large covered balconies which they took away on Regal/Royal.

Mary

We still have some eucalyptus stuff from past cruises! lol! :)

We have been on a dozen princess cruises in balconies and minis. We are booked for our very first full suite. We are old enough that this could very well be our last cruise, and believe me, I will enjoy each and every perk we can get.

We definitely are paying for it!!!!!!

marge

Enjoy your full suite Marge.....:):):)

Bob

I want reserved seating at shows for suites like RCL has. RCL also allows their top tier reserved seating. RCL's top tier is 25 cruises which is considerable more then Princess. The cruise gives the perks to gain loyalty or money and that's not going to change. If there are no added perks for a suite or elite then why book with Princess, I'll look elsewhere.

I agree. However somethings as a regular cruiser would tick me off. I don't like the reserved theater seats. What happened to the cruise that everyone was treated equally. So it;s back to whom ever has the most money can have what they want. If cruising changes that much then I will go back to land based vacations. The cruise will not be as good a value.

Absolutely, everyone should be treated equally. But then, maybe that argument should be extended to state that everyone will be treated the same if they all pay the same fare.

It's funny, there are many people who don't value the extra space, amenities, and services that Suite Life offers - as evidenced by their unwillingness or lack of desire to spend 2-3x an "inside cabin" fare to have said amenities - yet they want them for free. SMDH. We work hard and have been fortunate to be able to have cruised in suites - and yes, I feel we deserve the "extras" that we are, indeed, paying for.

As an aside, the reserved seats for shows are probably not what many would consider "the best in the house". They are decent enough though, and the value for me is not having to arrive at the theater 30-45 min ahead of time.

Edited by welove2cruise2014

Absolutely, everyone should be treated equally. But then, maybe that argument should be extended to state that everyone will be treated the same if they all pay the same fare.

It's funny, there are many people who don't value the extra space, amenities, and services that Suite offers - as evidenced by their unwillingness or lack of desire to spend 2-3x an "inside cabin" fare to have said amenities - yet they want them for free. SMDH. We work hard and have been fortunate to be able to have cruised in suites - and yes, I feel we deserve the "extras" that we are, indeed, paying for.

As an aside, the reserved seats for shows are probably not what many would consider "the best in the house". They are decent enough though, and the value for me is not having to arrive at the theater 30-45 min ahead of time.

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Well said my friend.....:):):)

Bob