Current Concierges continued discussion

40 minutes ago, golfpccc said:

Jorge Gutierrez is on his way to meet up and be Concierge on the Odyssey.

Carla

Thanks. Diamond or Concierge lounge? Too bad cruising from

Israel is only for Israeli residents. I would be happy to cruise from Haifa on the Odyssey!

4 hours ago, BEENSAILING said:

Thanks. Diamond or Concierge lounge? Too bad cruising from

Israel is only for Israeli residents. I would be happy to cruise from Haifa on the Odyssey!

Don’t even know if he knows yet!  Do know all crew meeting the Odyssey will received their vaccinations once they get to Israel and won’t be joining the ship for another month.

Carla

On 1/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks for your kind words about the job I've been doing with the list.  I will scour social media and check with my contacts to get new information.  

I have not read all 142 pages but I’m surprised this thread is still active.  Someone on the Celebrity site has been banned from cruising on any Royal ship because he was maintaining and posting a list on crew members locations.  

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 8:51 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

I have not read all 142 pages but I’m surprised this thread is still active.  Someone on the Celebrity site has been banned from cruising on any Royal ship because he was maintaining and posting a list on crew members locations.  

Good Luck

Were the posters on the Celebrity Board posting about what ships crew were assigned to.  Or where the crew is presently -- i.e. in their home country of xxx?  

This thread has been active for about 10 years so if RCI has problems with it, I would like to have them contact me.  

Edited by SherriZ366

40 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Were the posters on the Celebrity Board posting about what ships crew were assigned to.  Or where the crew is presently -- i.e. in their home country of xxx?  

This thread has been active for about 10 years so if RCI has problems with it, I would like to have them contact me.  

Really both.  If they're not on the ship, they're usually in their home country

On 4/14/2021 at 2:15 PM, gerelmx said:

Don't look for noise from the crackling, Celebrity banned Arno for posting that kind of information.  I think the one on the Celebrity board had been going for a while because it was Part 2

36 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Really both.  If they're not on the ship, they're usually in their home country

Do you know if this poster was banned from cruising on Royal Caribbean ships without the company letting him rectify the situation.  It would really be draconian if the company immediately banned him from their ships without prior contact and allowing him to take down the thread etc.  It would not show the company in a good light.  I would be devastated if thi9s happened to me.  Also, the action was taken in 2017 and this thread is about 10 years old.   

41 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Do you know if this poster was banned from cruising on Royal Caribbean ships without the company letting him rectify the situation.  It would really be draconian if the company immediately banned him from their ships without prior contact and allowing him to take down the thread etc.  It would not show the company in a good light.  I would be devastated if thi9s happened to me.  Also, the action was taken in 2017 and this thread is about 10 years old.   

I really don't know any of the details, I never really follow any of these "who's onboard" threads.  If you want to know more, perhaps you could reach out to him.

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I've been waiting 13 years for a cease and desist letter from RCI for my Current Captain thread. I hope it never comes to that!

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I really don't know any of the details, I never really follow any of these "who's onboard" threads.  If you want to know more, perhaps you could reach out to him.

i just reached out to him by posting on his thred.

4 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

I've been waiting 13 years for a cease and desist letter from RCI for my Current Captain thread. I hope it never comes to that!

Karen -- was wondering what your impression of this action taken by Royal Caribbean toward this Gentleman.  Your thread is older than mine.  I try to be discrete with my information and much of the information is posted by the Concierges on other Social Media sites.  You also have a chart.  It's good to hear that no one has come down on you.  

10 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

i just reached out to him by posting on his thred.

I highly doubt he will respond since he didn't do so to any of the people who asked questions of him when he first posted about the ban.

I haven't followed the Celebrity boards for some time now but must admit the discussion here piqued my interest so I read his post and subsequent responses. I remember finding his updates interesting - as are yours and other such updates.

He was one of their highest points cruisers (and liked to let it be known) and Celebrity always made a big deal of feting their top cruisers. Thus, I agree with others on his thread that there was more to this than he is admitting and he clearly overstepped some boundaries. I find it hard to believe he wasn't given some sort of warning before such a draconian measure.

I therefore wouldn't worry about a ban for yourself, you simply provide information which has been supplied by other cruisers and not - as seems to be the case with him - pestering staff for information about their whereabouts.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:38 AM, Bobal said:

I highly doubt he will respond since he didn't do so to any of the people who asked questions of him when he first posted about the ban.

I haven't followed the Celebrity boards for some time now but must admit the discussion here piqued my interest so I read his post and subsequent responses. I remember finding his updates interesting - as are yours and other such updates.

He was one of their highest points cruisers (and liked to let it be known) and Celebrity always made a big deal of feting their top cruisers. Thus, I agree with others on his thread that there was more to this than he is admitting and he clearly overstepped some boundaries. I find it hard to believe he wasn't given some sort of warning before such a draconian measure.

I therefore wouldn't worry about a ban for yourself, you simply provide information which has been supplied by other cruisers and not - as seems to be the case with him - pestering staff for information about their whereabouts.

Thanks!!  I would be devastated if we couldn't cruise again.  I agree his actions must have been large overstepping of boundaries.  I don't pester crew and I get most of my information from returning cruisers (hope this will be a category soon) posting on Cruise Critic and other social media.  I find keeping this thread and my spreadsheet to be stress relieving -- I am involved in some areas (nothing to do with cruising) that cause a lot of stress.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 7:38 AM, Bobal said:

I've heard of a few high-level past guests getting bans over the years, it was rarely due to just one issue. Some (but certainly not all, or even most) high-level past guests have been known to push the boundaries thinking their status allows it. Most, if not all cruise lines keep files on guests and document conduct issues. My opinion is that may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Edited by DarthGrady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I find keeping this thread and my spreadsheet to be stress relieving -- I am involved in some areas (nothing to do with cruising) that cause a lot of stress.  

And I certainly appreciate you doing this for us!

3 hours ago, DarthGrady said:

I've heard of a few high-level past guests getting bans over the years, it was rarely due to just one issue. Some (but certainly not all, or even most) high-level past guests have been known to push the boundaries thinking their status allows it. Most, if not all cruise lines keep files on guests and document conduct issues. My opinion is that may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. 

I hope that you are right and Bobol did enough to be banned.  Maybe he didn't cease and desist on the crew information gathering when asked.  I'm going to research and find out if I could be banned from cruising for maintaining this thread and the spreadsheet.  

16 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I hope that you are right and Bobol did enough to be banned.  Maybe he didn't cease and desist on the crew information gathering when asked.  I'm going to research and find out if I could be banned from cruising for maintaining this thread and the spreadsheet.  

Just want to clarify Arno is banned.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Correct, but above reads that Bobal is. 🙂 

I'm confused -- what is Arno cancelled from-- Sailing on Royal Caribbean Group brand ships, posting in Cruise Critic or both.  

He has posted about being banned from sailing on the RCG ships.  

Edited by SherriZ366

2 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm confused -- what is Bobal cancelled from-- Sailing on Royal Caribbean Group brand ships, posting in Cruise Critic or both.  

He has posted about being banned from sailing on the RCG ships.  

It is too late now because the edit time is gone on the post.  I was just pointing out that the post I originally quoted looked like you were saying Bobal is banned when in fact it is Arno who is banned from sailing Celebrity.  Bobal had provided you information and you made an honest mistake.  I was just trying to clarify so people don't think Bobal is banned.