Who's your favorite waiter or waitress, and why?

CineGraphic

I thought it would be fun for everyone to share the name of their favorite waiter or waitress, and the reasons why. Also, please include the name of the ship they were working on.

(Let's stick with waiters and waitresses, if you want to start a a separate thread about bartenders or cabin stewards, be my guest.)

Hope

Regal Princess, Main Dining Room, Inaugural Season.

After a disastrous first night with a bumbling, forgetful waiter, the Maitre D' hooked us up with the sweetest young lady, Hope for the rest of our cruise. She went above & beyond every meal for every table in her station. I could type for ages about how wonderful she was, and still not do her justice. so I'll spare you.

The one who's bringing me diet coke, chippies and ice cream (preferably without asking).

But the cruise we just finished (Diamond) can't separate Ronaldo and Jeremiah. Though Joey was King of the diet Coke:D

Embarrassed to admit, but even though we have had wait staff that we thought we would never forget as they were so good, usually a month or so later and it is gone. That is why I write comment cards and do survey right away.

However I do remember the waiter, Benitez, from our recent Emerald cruise and junior waiter, Mladden. They were both very good and personable. Our head waiter, Nicholas, went over and above to accommodate a dietary issue.

Embarrassed to admit, but even though we have had wait staff that we thought we would never forget as they were so good, usually a month or so later and it is gone. That is why I write comment cards and do survey right away.

However I do remember the waiter, Benitez, from our recent Emerald cruise and junior waiter, Mladden. They were both very good and personable. Our head waiter, Nicholas, went over and above to accommodate a dietary issue.

I do have a favorite waiter from our 25 day Trans Pacific whose name is Benjamin. We had a table for two in an are with just three tables, so we had exceptional service. I am hopeful we will be honored by his service again.

Faye

Coral Princess - Sept. 21 - Oct 8, 2015

No contest. Simply the best we've had. Fun and funny in addition to being efficient and very helpful.

She was our server in MDR but we also encountered her in IC and HC.

On the Caribbean Princess.. Julia was without a doubt one of the best waiters ever.. she started our day with her smile and upbeat attitude.. She knew what we wanted before we did .. And she treated every passenger in the same way.. If we saw her in Horizon Court or Sabatini's where she worked in the evening.. there was always a friendly wave and even occasional hugs when time allowed.. She made us feel that she honestly "loved" her job and every passenger she served.. We found several waiters with this same attitude.. It was like a big family and they were all happy to be serving us and working on the Caribbean Princess.. I have serious food allergies, so I'm not easy to serve..

On the Caribbean Princess.. Julia was without a doubt one of the best waiters ever.. she started our day with her smile and upbeat attitude.. She knew what we wanted before we did .. And she treated every passenger in the same way.. If we saw her in Horizon Court or Sabatini's where she worked in the evening.. there was always a friendly wave and even occasional hugs when time allowed.. She made us feel that she honestly "loved" her job and every passenger she served.. We found several waiters with this same attitude.. It was like a big family and they were all happy to be serving us and working on the Caribbean Princess.. I have serious food allergies, so I'm not easy to serve..

Was that Julia from Italy? If so, we had her in ATD a couple of times on the Ruby, and she was terrific. She always had a smile on her face and a friendly greeting whenever and wherever we'd see her on the ship.

Nicoletta on the Grand 2008? The absolute best! Also, two wonderful girls (Annamaria and Marsha) on the Royal in 2013 who truly cared for us and were such professional servers. I honestly don't remember any bad service in the dining room, but we've always had set times to eat and tipped the staff extra during the week as well as at the end. This coming February on the Royal will be our first cruise with Anytime Dining. I'm a little worried the service will not be the same. :( Hopefully, I'm wrong!

Without a doubt, Karol from Poland, we had him on the Island Princess in May 2006, and again on the Tahitian Princess in 2007 or 2008..

Anyone who was ever served by him would surely remember "Karol" from Poland

Srpilo

Edit: My DW tell's me it could have been the Grand in January 2006 not the Island (one of the 2 anyway)

Edited by srpilo

The last one. LOL. We've had so-so ones only a couple of times. Some great ones who come to mind are Rolland and Joey both from the Philipines.

I had Rolland and Joey from Philipines on Diamond last month. Wonder if they're the same two, if so I agree they were fantastic.

Never ever had several amazing waiters on one sale before, but last time we were lucky an got several on a Caribbean Princess: Teresita Layosa from the Coral dining room. She was outstanding putting her heart and ​soul into her job.Her work is literally her life. She was doing her very best to make sure that her guests would get the best. She was like a mother hen protecting her chickens.

2 ladies from International café Irene and Ievgenia from Ukraine were always greeting us with big smiles, kind words and were very passionate about their job. we were always looking forward to see them in the morning ordering our espressos.

We wish this ladies all the very best and we 'll remember them.

Better not mention a name, for obvious reasons, but our favourite waiter was the one in the ATD room who did not charge us the corkage fee on the bottle of special wine we brought for our 50th anniversary. Also did not asked for our coffee card when we ordered specialty coffees on 2 other nights. Needles to say that he got the money we would have spend on the corkage fee.

Theo

Hector. On Princess Caribbean Sept this year. His singing is outstanding and the high point for my Wife. He has been three different Cruises with us.

We have visited with him the last two times and he is very friendly. He also is the Head Waiter. This last cruise he was in the Palm Dinning Room.

Bob