Elite Membership Question

yaswill

We like getting the all you can drink package because I don't want to have to think about my purchases and I prepay so it doesn't "hurt" after the cruise.

Hubby and I both like coffee, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ and drinking alcohol. So it works out. I feel like there are days I do drink a lot and days I don't drink so much so it's all a wash but the ability to prepay makes me feel better about it. It's like a hidden fee. :)

Congrats on becoming Elite!! I can't wait to get there!

The convenience is certainly a bonus and if prepaid, not having to worry about bill shock is a nother.:D

If the person sailing with me is not Elite can they still go to the lounge with me and get a drink.

I don't think it's right when they limit activites to only the elite member and their traveling partner has to be alone.

Your partner is welcome too.

Not so on our Star Princess cruise last week. Eight drinks, all $5.00 offered on any and every of the nights. A pleasant change to see in the EPS happy hour offering.

That's a change since August. Hoping it will be true on Royal Princess next month.

It was true on the Royal Princess in October.

The Grapevine wine tasting Elite perk has been cheapened. We were on the Emerald two weeks ago and noticed that:

1. the amount of wine poured is less

2. the session length is shorter

3. a wine shot glass is no longer given as a take away

I was on the Emerald Thanksgiving cruise and I think the pours were fair!

1. Flirt with the waiters, they'll pour you more!

2. In our case, we had two waiters pouring one of the reds at our table and I had an empty glass in spot 1 and spot 3 was in my hand and waiter 2 poured me a whole other glass! No I did not complain! My fellow table mates did! (but only to me) :D

Was it crowded in general the way it use to be?

Just got off the Grand and attended the wine tasting event. They had many tables (40+) set up with the glasses for attendees and only about 8 or 9 tables were filled, mostly by elite passengers that were invited. So, no, not nearly as crowded as it used to be.

Just got off the Grand and attended the wine tasting event. They had many tables (40+) set up with the glasses for attendees and only about 8 or 9 tables were filled, mostly by elite passengers that were invited. So, no, not nearly as crowded as it used to be.

I suppose this could be considered a money saver for Princess. ;)

Welcome to Cruise critic. Yes they normally have the Elite lounge for Elites and Platinum members open from 5-7pm with canapes and $5 drinks (cocktails, wines, spirits and beers). Sorry, I am not sure where on the sea princess it will be held.

On the Caribbean Princess it was held in the Skywalkers lounge

2015-092315%20%20My%20Pictures%20092315%20Caribbean%20Princess%20Norway%20757_zpsjmkrexcm.jpg

Howard

WE were told on our last cruise on the Crown that all the drinks listed on the elite/platinum lounge were available every night. New Princess policy which I agree with totally.

Can you tell me - when was this? We are going next week on Crown, and I am debating the AIB package over and over and over in my head. We will have the mini-bar of course, and at $5 for a variety of drinks, this may change the equation. It's an 8 day cruise, and for the two of us it's quite a hefty bar bill to match the cost of the package.

Maddle

PS - I should have prepaid - then the debate would be over and I wouldn't have the tab to deal with after the cruise. Somebody else (guess who) didn't think it was a good idea.

We've never done the free wine tasting. We have done the stamtisch, which would, I suppose, be about the same. Nice, but limited.

Yes, you can swap out entire elite mini bar for two coffee cards. You call room service. They do the switch out, not your room steward. We have done this numerous times as I love the coffee drinks and we do not drink much alcohol.

We've never done the free wine tasting. We have done the stamtisch, which would, I suppose, be about the same. Nice, but limited.

Except at the wine tasting, most people are speaking English, though of course someone may speak German if they wish.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can swap out entire elite mini bar for two coffee cards. You call room service. They do the switch out, not your room steward. We have done this numerous times as I love the coffee drinks and we do not drink much alcohol.

Fantastic. My wife and I are elite, been cruising with Princess for 30 years. We knew you could swap out some kinds of liquor for others, and we have done that, but never knew the coffee cards were an option. We'll go that way now! Thanks, guys.

KK

Is this actually an option, or just a joke? I'd love to get the coffee cards instead of the other stuff.

KK

It's totally TRUE!

We have cruising pals who do this.

She loves the coffee card because she doesn't drink.

He buys the All Inclusive Beverage Package.

They always swap out their Elite Mini Bar set up for 2 coffee cards which she uses. :)

LuLu