Vaccinations?

sp29488

Trying to find out if we need any vaccinations for our upcoming cruise.

We will be visiting Barbados is the reason I'm asking. Our other ports are: St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've done that itinerary three times and never went for vaccinations. In fact, I don't think we've ever even discussed it. Those aren't exactly high risk destinations. But check CDC and see what they suggest, may be some you can get as a precaution if that puts your mind at ease. Enjoy, it's a fabulous itinerary!

Gee, I think some confusion on Barbados because there is a requirement for people coming directly from some countries (3rd world ... can't recall which) would need proof of vaccinations.

Bottom Line: There is no problem for cruise passengers. :)

Enjoy your cruise! :)

LuLu

We did that cruise last summer and it is my all time favorite! Every beach is beautiful ! There was an outbreak of a mosquito disease that I worried about last summer so I packed some mosquito repellent . I did use it in San Juan and most of the islands. We are from texas so this is normal for us with sunscreen also. We didn't take any special shots but I would check with your dr to be sure. Have fun!

We just make certain that we get the flu shot each year. Also this year it was time to get new tetanus shots -- but now you get 3 shots in one: diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis.[/]

Hubby had asked about a shot for whooping cough but nurse said he'd get only tetanus/diptheria. That they weren't giving the pertussis vaccine to those over 65. I thought she was mistaken but the paper she gave us said the same thing.

Edited by NMLady

It depends on your health. We always fill out a form at our health centre, so that our medications and inoculations can be checked against the latest government advice, before going on holiday. We will be advised whether we need any topping up, such as tetanus, or whether there's a health risk in any port.

Trying to find out if we need any vaccinations for our upcoming cruise.

We will be visiting Barbados is the reason I'm asking. Our other ports are: St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bottom Line: You will not need to show any proof of vaccinations for your ports of call.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

LuLu