Labadee cabana HELP

Anniam6

I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Can I only book a cabana through Royal Caribbean? I'm sailing on the Anthem in January and the website keeps saying I have to book when onboard.

There are two areas on Labadee that have cabanas. Nellie's Beach cabanas are available on Royal's website. Barefoot Beach cabanas are reserved by the Concierge onboard the ship. You would need to be in a Grand Suite or better, or be Pinnacle level to have access to these.

Why so critical, I don't see anything wrong with that post.

It's probably because there are a lot of threads about the cabanas on Labadee. I just didn't have time to go through them all. I'm trying to plan ALL the shore excursions for myself, my sister and my daughter for a 12 day cruise. It's their first cruise and I want it to go well. I'm driving myself bonkers. :eek:

It's probably because there are a lot of threads about the cabanas on Labadee. I just didn't have time to go through them all. I'm trying to plan ALL the shore excursions for myself, my sister and my daughter for a 12 day cruise. It's their first cruise and I want it to go well. I'm driving myself bonkers. :eek:

It's Friday night, I think a glass of wine would hit the spot. ;)

Absolutely, but that post was spot on.

Just curious but what was your interpretation, the reservation needs to be made through RCI, the ship, the website, or all of the above. Mine was CB has never rented one and just threw that up to boost their post count.

Just curious but what was your interpretation, the reservation needs to be made through RCI, the ship, the website, or all of the above. Mine was CB has never rented one and just threw that up to boost their post count.

Well traditionally it's been all three methods. I've rented 4, but all through the Concierge. Never been to Nellies. I think the OP was a little vague in asking if she had to rent through Royal Caribbean. That pretty well covers all three scenarios you mentioned

There are two areas on Labadee that have cabanas. Nellie's Beach cabanas are available on Royal's website. Barefoot Beach cabanas are reserved by the Concierge onboard the ship. You would need to be in a Grand Suite or better, or be Pinnacle level to have access to these.

If you are not in one of the above you can inquire at Guest Services and they will get you in touch with a concierge. Depending on the concierge, a day or two before they open up to anyone else on the ship to fill them if the Gold Card Holders don't already rent them. Some sailings they still have space, others don't.

I actually agree with cb on this one. You might be able to book it through the cruise planner (Nellie's Beach) on your sailing or you will have to book it onboard through shore excursions.

Or go through Guest Services and the Concierge (Barefoot Beach) as Firefighterhoop mentioned.

It is Royal Caribbean's private area/port, so anything you wish to do has to be booked through the cruise line.

I'm sure your family will be very impressed with whatever you decide to do. Labadee is mostly a beach day, with additional activities if you choose to purchase them. :) You really don't need to.

Edited by Coralc

Why so critical, I don't see anything wrong with that post.

Love the cabans on Labadee and Coco key Labadee has more activities water great on both. We book either on line or by a call if you are sailing in january and not in a cabana it is probably too late. Call asap you might be lucky. we had a hillside cabana and nellies beach cabana on labadee. While the view and privacy are wonderfu on the hilltop, if you have young children, nellies a better option as the hilltop cabanas require you to walk up a high rocky walkway. At coco key you are in a coumpound of cabanas all near each other.

Enjoy

Cabanas are increasingly going begging. RC has jacked up the prices, and many sit empty.

Your chances of getting one are greatly increased.

:)

If half stay empty at double the price, Royal makes same money and has last minute capacity for those interested.

If you are not in one of the above you can inquire at Guest Services and they will get you in touch with a concierge. Depending on the concierge, a day or two before they open up to anyone else on the ship to fill them if the Gold Card Holders don't already rent them. Some sailings they still have space, others don't.

Just off Freedom last month. I was in a Jr. Suite. I went to the excursion desk as soon as I boarded to get on the waiting list. I ended up with A hilltop cabana on Barefoot Beach. I'd wanted an over the water on Nellie's but for $100 less I was more than pleased with Barefoot. We absolutely loved it!

I feel your pain. I always book all our excursions or dinners, etc for land or cruise vacation for my family, my mom and my sisters family totalling 10. They never have a clue what we are doing and just do what I say lol. My sister actually honestly thought she had an inside cabin on our NYE Indy cruise but we all actually have aft cabins on deck 7 OMG. It only came up when we all had dinner two weeks ago about her cabin being close or not to our cabins so I do understand you want it all great!

Edited by js

I am not staying concierge but have an over the water cabana at Nellies. I want to request a soecific cabana number. Do I do his at Guest Services when I board?

Thank you.

I would try the Shore Excursion desk.

Edited by clarea

Just off Freedom last month. I was in a Jr. Suite. I went to the excursion desk as soon as I boarded to get on the waiting list. I ended up with A hilltop cabana on Barefoot Beach. I'd wanted an over the water on Nellie's but for $100 less I was more than pleased with Barefoot. We absolutely loved it!

We were on same sailing - when we boarded, concierge had 4 cabanas on barefoot beach. We booked ours during first sea day. I thought this was pretty amazing for a Thanksgiving cruise.

We were on same sailing - when we boarded, concierge had 4 cabanas on barefoot beach. We booked ours during first sea day. I thought this was pretty amazing for a Thanksgiving cruise.

We are sailing in 2 weeks on the allure. We have booked an over the water cabana however we don't know which one. Do I go to the shore x desk or concierge to find out?

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are sailing in 2 weeks on the allure. We have booked an over the water cabana however we don't know which one. Do I go to the shore x desk or concierge to find out?

If the Concierge reserved your cabana, then see them, else go to Shore Excursions.