Princess soda only card replaced with a non-alcholic card

geri

That is odd - we used our coffee card all the time for hot chocolate (previously). I guess they are changing the rules....

Unless I am confused on them using the card for my name etc I maybe wrong which is possible as well

Soda and more includes hot chocolate. BUT they don't know you have a soda and more sticker unless you show them. You can also get hot chocolate with a coffee punch...but if you have the soda and more sticker' date=' there is no point in paying with a punch.[/quote']

I didn't know at the time that it included the hot chocolate I had my coffee card out ready and I think he saw my card and the sticker on it as it was around my neck on a lanyard and he was decent enough to day use this instead of that

Edited by Hawka

It's a shame they are changing it. We bought the package on our last cruise. I guess I will just bring a 6 pack of cans of my soda. I only drink one a day or sometimes less. Or even doing west coastal I can always go into to liquor store or gas station and get my soda. We usually rent a car and go about town.

I have no interest in "gun" soda and Princess doesn't carry Diet Mountain Dew anyway. I did purchase the Soda & More card once for a short cruise and enjoyed it quite a bit for the mocktails. Even with that card I didn't get any sodas. I did take my diet Dew onboard one time but decided I would do without soda after that cruise. I just go to the bar and drink bourbon instead. :D

Spoke to a friend at Princess:

Couple of things - yes, the soda only is going away at least for now - a few reasons

1 - Money but not as much as you might think, in most cases the pure soda card was actually more profitable on an individual basis given the cost of soda versus say a milkshake, however the cost and effort of keeping and tracking 2 different packages was considered.

2 - Crew training - easier just to have one package. Speeds up training and avoids confusion over which sticker means what, etc.

3 - Passenger confusion - apparently a lot of people were buying the cheaper one without reading signs then complaining when mocktails were not covered (also ties in with #2)

4 - The non-alco package is more in line with what other lines are offering.

If a POS upgrade ever occurs where they swipe/scan for program beverages, the standard soda only may come back.

Ok so if I can get mock tails on my soda and more pkg for no extra charge and then I see you can pre purchase rum to be delivered to your room so I buy a bottle of rum and add that rum to my mock tail? I purchased everything though Princess so shouldn't be a problem and would be way cheaper then buying a alcohol pkg if what I like to drink are daiquiris.

Ok so if I can get mock tails on my soda and more pkg for no extra charge and then I see you can pre purchase rum to be delivered to your room so I buy a bottle of rum and add that rum to my mock tail? I purchased everything though Princess so shouldn't be a problem and would be way cheaper then buying a alcohol pkg if what I like to drink are daiquiris.

Yes, you can do that. Remember, though, if you like fancy coffee, sodas, hot chocolate and bottled water then you can figure that into your costs. Since you are buying a small bottle of liquor and the drink special do some math and figure out what it will cost and/or save. I bought a specialty coffee drink with Kahlua for breakfast, drinks at dinner (which I rarely do) and my usual brandy in the evening. For me, I almost got the cost covered by lunch just with the specialty coffees.

I have always purchased the soda card. I will not buy the" more" card. Many people don't want all that sugar as with the mocktails and diabetics who represent a large number cannot drink all that sugar. I will be bringing my own diet coke 12 pack on my Feb sailing. I hope Princess rethinks this so I don't have to schlep my own diet coke when sailing with them.

When did this take affect? We just go off the Regal where my husband had the soda card Twice for our b2b cruise.

We just had the soda-only package last month on the CB, and we pre-purchased it for our February CB cruise through the Personalizer. When this CC thread started, I logged in the Personalizer and the option to purchase the soda-only package has been removed. So to answer your question, it looks like it just happened. I'm assuming they will honor our pre-purchased package onboard.

I find the whole situation sort of silly. When the Soda and More card came out it was called Ultimate Kid's Card or something like that and restricted to kids ONLY.

While I may buy a soda card for convenience and as I prefer gun soda to canned and I may buy a few mocktails during a cruise, as I don't drink, I find the Ultimate Soda card (or whatever it is called) pretty expensive. One has to drink quite a bit to justify the cost. I would never get more than 1 soda or 1 mocktail per day.

Edited by Coral

When they say mock tails does that mean I could get a strawberry daiquiri with out the alcohol and use my soda and more pkg to pay for it? I guess i'm not sure what they consider a mock tail.

Yes that was what I had most of the time and it was lovely

I find the whole situation sort of silly. When the Soda and More card came out it was called Ultimate Kid's Card or something like that and restricted to kids ONLY.

While I may buy a soda card for convenience and as I prefer gun soda to canned and I may buy a few mocktails during a cruise, as I don't drink, I find the Ultimate Soda card (or whatever it is called) pretty expensive. One has to drink quite a bit to justify the cost. I would never get more than 1 soda or 1 mocktail per day.

which on my last cruise would have covered it.

The card was $7 a day

Mocktails $5 Soda $2.25

One of each in front by 25c

When they say mock tails does that mean I could get a strawberry daiquiri with out the alcohol and use my soda and more pkg to pay for it? I guess i'm not sure what they consider a mock tail.

A mocktail is any cocktail wthout the booze.

DW fell in love with the Virgin Pina Coloda and Nojito (but ask to be made on Pineapple juice not grapefruit).

I have always purchased the soda card. I will not buy the" more" card. Many people don't want all that sugar as with the mocktails and diabetics who represent a large number cannot drink all that sugar. I will be bringing my own diet coke 12 pack on my Feb sailing. I hope Princess rethinks this so I don't have to schlep my own diet coke when sailing with them.

I can get a 12 pack on sale for $4 most weeks, sometimes as low as $3. So, that's less than one day of the old "soda only" card. The question we each have to answer is at what price does the hassle of bringing your beverage of choice on board outweigh the cost of the purchase. For us, getting soda after a flight would cost far more than just buying the "and more" card on board. If I could drive to port, the answer might be different.