11 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale?

You SHOULD be fine as long as the ship isn't late starting debarkation for any reason. I am a bit nervous booking before noon, but I have made flights at 11 before.

Personally I would do self assist and take your own luggage off the ship to make sure you are one of the first off the ship and through customs.

I wouldn't book a flight that early during the holiday season, but it is all what you are comfortable with. We had a flight booked for 10am after our Oasis cruise but it is a May cruise, so holiday craziness and winter are not an issue. Just actually looked at our flights because of this thread and our flight has been changed to 7:30am:eek:, that is not going to work.:(

is that doable. just wondering

We made our 1159am flight this past Wednesday, Dec 23rd easily and didn't rush at all. Half of the ship was probably off before we left the ship and got in line for customs. There are always plenty of cabs and we were at the airport well before 11am.

As long as everything goes as planned you will be fine.

***Ship in to port on time, clear customs on time. I would walk off the ship with all your luggage. Your 10 minutes from the airport, catch a cab and before you know it you'll be at 40,000 feet.

JoeRum

We are on Serenade in February. They will have been sailing for a while. I think the bugs will have been worked out.

Our flight is at 11:00 AM. We will probably do express walk off. The earliest suggested time for flights is 11:30 AM. But we will wait until we are onboard to decide. It is a weekday, so I don't think it will be as busy as the weekends usually are. :D

I wouldn't recommend it if you are not a risk taker. We did self-assist, off the ship @ 7:15 at our gate in the airport @ 8:30 for a 10:45 flight.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't think we need to be at the airport 2 hours early. :p

We are on Serenade in February. They will have been sailing for a while. I think the bugs will have been worked out.

Our flight is at 11:00 AM. We will probably do express walk off. The earliest suggested time for flights is 11:30 AM. But we will wait until we are onboard to decide. It is a weekday, so I don't think it will be as busy as the weekends usually are. :D

Not in port but just wait till you get out. It's a work day and is very crowded.

How many ships are in port on that day? Sometimes only 1 or 2....however, last Saturday at PEV there were 8. CBP has often staffed ships on very busy days with just 3-4 agents. Airport luggage check in requires 30 minutes prior to departure time. I'd caution anyone to advise that they were at the airport, at a gate, so early. Thing happen.....and people reading our comments take them as factual when they are a singular experiences. I've made it to early flights, but only because I knew where the departure gangway line would start and I had my own carry off luggage, and I was up at 6 am. Early birds do get the worms, but it takes a lot of luck as well.

David

Not in port but just wait till you get out. It's a work day and is very crowded.

You are in New York! :p We are in California! :p The cruise arrives back into port in Ft. Lauderdale on a Friday morning. The giant ships aren't in port. It is 10 minutes to the airport. I think the 11 AM flight will work for us.

I think we will be fine.......:):):D:p Thanks though.

How many ships are in port on that day? Sometimes only 1 or 2....however, last Saturday at PEV there were 8. CBP has often staffed ships on very busy days with just 3-4 agents. Airport luggage check in requires 30 minutes prior to departure time. I'd caution anyone to advise that they were at the airport, at a gate, so early. Thing happen.....and people reading our comments take them as factual when they are a singular experiences. I've made it to early flights, but only because I knew where the departure gangway line would start and I had my own carry off luggage, and I was up at 6 am. Early birds do get the worms, but it takes a lot of luck as well.

David

For my December 6th experience, there were only two customs lines open. And one of the officers walked away for a bit, with no substitute. We were at the farthest terminal, the dreaded 29. I was still sitting at my gate at 7:15.

We had an 11:45am when we returned from the Allure and made it to the airport without early debarkation with PLENTY of time. Even had time for a sit down breakfast at the airport.

With that said, everything is subjective and in other occasions debarkation wasn't as smooth, but with everything going well, your chances of making it are pretty good.

Wish he had taken the risk for 10 am flight! Did self assist, was at the airport by 8:30 for afternoon flight.

Total chaos at FLL airport. So many people and limited seating and we were not allowed to go I

Stairs until 2 hrs before our flight. Grumpy TSA and travelers.

Having said that, we have bemoaned the fact that we didn't take the earlier flight. However, we wanted to allow for any delays in the shop arriving at port.