If Celebrity Cruises had theme music...

Brisbane41

Kind of a silly question but there is a back story to it.

What music as in songs from any band, artist does Celebrity Cruises tend to stick to on their ships that if you heard these songs on the radio you would instantly think of Celebrity Cruises.

The reason I am asking this is because I have a bit of free time this holiday season to finally make some videos of all my past cruises including on Celebrity Solstice. I just want to ass some background music that is reminiscent of what I would hear on the cruise ship. Basically I just use adobe premiere pro to add all my HD video and photos of my cruise and make a short movie out of it that plays in the background on the television.

When Celebrity was in its prime modern luxury mode, the theme song on its ships, phone hold and elsewhere was Over the Rainbow, by Iz. (?) Just about everyone enyoyed it...we miss it.

Some genius awhile ago decided to no longer use it...but nothing else has stuck around so far!

For poolside parties and live music...the Dollar Song was on many playlists.

Now it would be the loud DJ and drum banger or the saxaphonist...(not in a good way!)

Edited by hcat

There are a few special songs we play on our Bose every cruise....'sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy' perhaps being our theme tune.

I hope you enjoy your cruise editing! Every time we put on old cruise recordings we seem to get carried away in a world of 'do you remember when.....?' We rarely complete a final product but it is nice to remember....

Really nice idea for a post.

I'm going old school... Pretty much anything by 2 Live Crew. They seem to play the Electric Slide on every Celebrity cruise. or perhaps... Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses.:rolleyes:

Dean Martin - Memories Are Made Of This

Edited by neverbeenhere

When Celebrity was in its prime modern luxury mode, the theme song on its ships, phone hold and elsewhere was Over the Rainbow, by Iz. (?) Just about everyone enyoyed it...we miss it.

Some genius awhile ago decided to no longer use it...but nothing else has stuck around so far!

For poolside parties and live music...the Dollar Song was on many playlists.

Now it would be the loud DJ and drum banger or the saxaphonist...(not in a good way!)

I remember them playing the below song on every trip years ago, it was played at the pool area as the ship departed every port.

Vangeliis Conquest of Paradise.

Here's a reference to it in a thread from 2005, I know it was played in the 90s.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=249538&highlight=vangelis+conquest+of+paradise

Edited by dkjretired

They used to have Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" as their theme song. Prehaps now it should be "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (Aqua Blues), or maybe "Those Were the Days"

Edited by richsea

How about OooEee Bob's favorite which he makes everyone sing on board? :D

Frankie Ford's, "Sea Cruise."

I have that as the ring tone for my Travel Agent. It's always exciting when we hear it coming from my phone.

For me the song Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch takes me back to my first cruise on Connie in February 2013. The DJ played it a lot at Martini Bar, and they had percussion instruments handy and guests were free to get in on the act. It was very fun and memorable.

Alternately, Daft Punk's Get Lucky :D

How about OooEee Bob's favorite which he makes everyone sing on board? :D

Frankie Ford's, "Sea Cruise."

Hi Steve! I think I have led the singing of Sea Cruise at the Cruise Critic gathering on over 20 cruises. I often get the cruise director, staff officers, and sometimes the Captain himself to join in.

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi Steve! I think I have led the singing of Sea Cruise at the Cruise Critic gathering on over 20 cruises. I often get the cruise director, staff officers, and sometimes the Captain himself to join in.

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

And a fun time is had by all when you do!!! :D

Hope to connect on a another sailing some day.