Anyone gotten a refund on service charges?

travelerpair

Going on 90 days and I have tried everything starting with the email request and no refund. I have called the extension of my former personal cruise consultant and gotten nowhere, sent a fax to Guest Relations (a joke) tried calling and ran out of time waiting. We were suite passengers and used cash to tip every time we drank or ate. We tipped our butler and cabin steward in cash. We used cash to tip our concierge. Never went near the buffet or MDR, because we had the UDP. Butlers and concierge are not part of the pool of tips and they are the people who take care of suite passengers. Just like to know if anyone has been successful in receiving a refund.

Perhaps the reason for requesting a refund was inadequate. If you said you tipped in cash instead and they gave you a refund, then everyone could get it every cruise. You need to point out some lack of service, or perhaps reimbursement for MV because when you booked MV was complimentary.

perhaps the reason for requesting a refund was inadequate. If you said you tipped in cash instead and they gave you a refund, then everyone could get it every cruise. You need to point out some lack of service, or perhaps reimbursement for mv because when you booked mv was complimentary.

mv?

Going on 90 days and I have tried everything starting with the email request and no refund. I have called the extension of my former personal cruise consultant and gotten nowhere, sent a fax to Guest Relations (a joke) tried calling and ran out of time waiting. We were suite passengers and used cash to tip every time we drank or ate. We tipped our butler and cabin steward in cash. We used cash to tip our concierge. Never went near the buffet or MDR, because we had the UDP. Butlers and concierge are not part of the pool of tips and they are the people who take care of suite passengers. Just like to know if anyone has been successful in receiving a refund.

Did you fill out the form and sent it to the proper email?

In your booking, you agreed to the terms of service that included those charges, and did not dispute them while on board (or maybe you did---that's not clear). If you didn't, and are trying to do so after the fact, you really should accept being out of luck and drop it. It's not an incorrect charge. It's a "I didn't feel like using your system" dispute.

I won't discuss your logic of removing them in the first place. I'll assume you are well aware of the arguments around this, yes, even for suite guests that don't use the buffet or MDR. If not, let us know and I'm sure 1000 people will chime in.

Edited by weltek

In your booking, you agreed to the terms of service that included those charges, and did not dispute them while on board. If you did so while on board, you might have had a chance. So, you really should accept being out of luck and drop it. It's not an incorrect charge. It's a "I didn't feel like using your system" dispute.

I won't discuss your logic of removing them in the first place. I'll assume you are well aware of the arguments around this, yes, even for suite guests that don't use the buffet or MDR. If not, let us know and I'm sure 1000 people will chime in.

Just an FYI service fees or what ever you would like to call them are discretionary and not mandatory and as such are fully refundable under the current terms of contract with NCL.

Just wondering. This is the second poster who said they faxed their form in and has not received a refund. Is there a fax number on the form? I thought there was an email address on the first one that was posted here, but that might have changed.

And yes, there was a poster who received their refund in I think 15 days when the procedure first started.

Edited by NLH Arizona

There is absolutely ZERO reason for completely removing the charge. The people who benefit from the DSC are the stewards, free restaurant servers and back of the house staff.

You can debate all you want about why should we pay the staff its NCL;s responsibility, the service sucked, etc etc.

No matter the situation someone who had nothing to do with how you liked your cruise ( the back of the house people) are getting stiffed.

Debate and make excuses all you want, that is fact.

I'm not debating or making excuses. The OP wasn't either. OP was simply inquiring about why it's taking so long to get the refund. As I stated before, I pay DSC without complaint. If somebody else doesn't want to pay the unseen staff, then that's their choice and NCL allows for that. The point is not to make judgements...sheesh!

And so how do you think the room stewards and support staff get paid, by the tooth ferry.

It's my belief that if you cant afford to tip the maybe people should stick to camping.

NOW PASS THE POPCORN!

The room stewards and wait staff get paid a steady salary by Ncl

They get their salary regardless of whether a pax reduces dsc

Should the pax reduce it because of poor service and the pax notes that is why they reduced the dsc then the crew member and their boss will discuss the issue

Crew could technically lose shore leave time

Originally Posted by Leavethekidswithmom View Post

Gotta love it OP had to mention that they were suite travelers but wanted to remove the DSC. Let me guess, another upsell? I'm sure you left plenty for you butler, steward and concierge!!

Agreed. Probably was a person who called after final payment and the cabin was lower and demanded a suite and now wants to take advantage of getting a refund on top of it. LOL.

Gotta love the systems workers.

Huh, gotta love these two responses. I stay in suites at times and do not have my nose up in the air like this. Maybe I better stop staying in suites as I do not want to catch some type of snobbish disease. Wow

Perhaps the reason for requesting a refund was inadequate. If you said you tipped in cash instead and they gave you a refund, then everyone could get it every cruise. You need to point out some lack of service, or perhaps reimbursement for MV because when you booked MV was complimentary.

If the gem slides are not operational for my Jan 2 cruise I am requesting a$10 each refund or $30

Why. Because of the lack of service and promised amenities. Plus the pool crew had less work to do

$30 is chump change but I'm within my rights as I received less pool deck service than promised

And I think Ncl needs to see the point I am making

And please don't bother debating my comments because I'm tired of Ncl under fdr and want them to know it

I'm not debating or making excuses. The OP wasn't either. OP was simply inquiring about why it's taking so long to get the refund. As I stated before, I pay DSC without complaint. If somebody else doesn't want to pay the unseen staff, then that's their choice and NCL allows for that. The point is not to make judgements...sheesh!

And if you had read the previous post you would have seen I was not replying at that time to the OP but to the person who quoted me

Who are you to decide if it's right or wrong? Pieshops believes something is right, so there it is people...the judge has spoken. For the record, I have no problem paying the DSC, however if someone else wants to remove theirs I'm not going to shame them for it.

I also have no problem paying the dsc but should I receive less service I'm requesting some amount to be refunded

Fwiw I think I like the new system

And so how do you think the room stewards and support staff get paid, by the tooth ferry.

It's my belief that if you cant afford to tip the maybe people should stick to camping.

NOW PASS THE POPCORN!

Sorry, but cash given directly counts. And We Did. At the start and at the end. Perhaps a note from someone who knows that the big portion of the service charge goes to the managers who do not do the work. Know b/4 you speak.

Agreed. Probably was a person who called after final payment and the cabin was lower and demanded a suite and now wants to take advantage of getting a refund on top of it. LOL.

Gotta love the systems workers.

Sorry, but we are platinum latitudes and have always been in a suite. Please note that when you are in a suite your butler is the person who gives you service, controls the cabin stewards and the concierge handles a lot more. They are not part of the pool. I do not demand and to insult without information means you are a troll. Read, understand then comment

Sorry, but we are platinum latitudes and have always been in a suite. Please note that when you are in a suite your butler is the person who gives you service, controls the cabin stewards and the concierge handles a lot more. They are not part of the pool. I do not demand and to insult without information means you are a troll. Read, understand then comment

I travel in suites also. Why do you want to remove the DSC? You had bad service?

Also the cabin steward is part of the DSC pool even in suites. You might need to understand that too.

I travel in suites also. Why do you want to remove the DSC? You had bad service?

As you know the SC is the highest for suites. We had OBC and our invoice/itinerary to show it. It disappeared while we were on board and the guest services blamed it on our travel agent. The agent was on vacation and no one in their office had done anything to our booking. The run around we got on board was classic. The booking was made directly with NCL not our travel agent. This is bad service

As you know the SC is the highest for suites. We had OBC and our invoice/itinerary to show it. It disappeared while we were on board and the guest services blamed it on our travel agent. The agent was on vacation and no one in their office had done anything to our booking. The run around we got on board was classic. The booking was made directly with NCL not our travel agent. This is bad service

So you stiffed (I know you paid them cash ) the service staff because of this. So sad

Edited by pieshops