Share Photo Tour, Emerald 12/19-12/27

framer

Thank you for posting photos. I know many will be interested after all of the discussions about this new venue. I must admit I am not very impressed. It looks rather impersonable and not very comfortable sitting. I hope I am wrong after all the expense but even though I was not a Sabatini's fan I always appreciated the elegant decor of the room.

Cheers Louden

I see they have some of those tables where someone sits in a chair and someone must sit on a booth-like bench. My wife and I have never cared for eating while seated on the bench. It just doesn't seem to fit quite right.

Since Princess has them in so many dining venues, they must have a reason for it. Does anyone else prefer them to a regular table with chairs?

I see they have some of those tables where someone sits in a chair and someone must sit on a booth-like bench. My wife and I have never cared for eating while seated on the bench. It just doesn't seem to fit quite right.

Since Princess has them in so many dining venues, they must have a reason for it. Does anyone else prefer them to a regular table with chairs?

Our vote is not at all.

I actually rather like it. I like the muted blues and grays, and I really like the flooring. However, the furniture is ho-hum. And those black chairs are hideous -- they look like cheap desk chairs for a teenager's bedroom. Or extra-cheap repros of a faux-colonial style.

Is that banquet room looking table with the black chairs the chef's table venue, do you suppose? Seems to be in an alcove all its own.

I don't know the answer to that Shredie but it is semi private and has the correct size table.

Here's how it used to look...

22247562868_09eb538df7_c.jpg

Looking at the new Share photos shows me a modern restaurant design-stark, cold, with hard surfaces that will act as an amplifier for every voice, knife drop and glass-clink. Sabatini's with it's carpets and soft furnishings helped to mute all that. Some of the chairs shown don't look at all comfy, which is the first thing a chair should strive to be. Form over function..

BUT- I haven't set foot in Share yet and will certainly book it on my next Princess cruise where it is available. I'm keen to try the food if not the room.

Norris

Count me as a fan of banquette seating. My DH prefers a conventional chair, and I prefer the banquette.

One question regarding the remodel. Was Adagio's changed at all?

Bob

Not on the Ruby. The only problem is the lighting from SHARE, which was at a level typically used to conduct brain surgery, leaks in a bit to Adagio. A dimmer switch was promised by shoreside management.

From a hygiene perspective, flat, dry surfaces are easier to clean and is a good reason to go for more spartan furnishings. If I can, I choose parquetry flooring over carpet any time I book hotel accommodation while travelling overseas. (I check online photos posted by the Hotels and other travellers) The new flooring may be noisier but definitely more hygienic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...