P&O New ship Wishlist!

Simple, what do you want to see on P&O's newbuild, keeping in mind that is a ship for aroun 4,200 people.

Personally I want it to keep the casual but elegant beachy vibe of current P&O, or something similar to the Solstice Class or Royal Class from PC but have activities similar to newbuilds from NCL, RCCL and CCL such as:

- Waterslides

- Ropes Course

- Waterfront

- Circus show (Cirque De Soleil anyone?)

- Heaps of Ocean Views

- Shopping Promenade

- Adults only Solarium/Pool deck

What do you guys want to see?

Simple, what do you want to see on P&O's newbuild, keeping in mind that is a ship for aroun 4,200 people.

Personally I want it to keep the casual but elegant beachy vibe of current P&O, or something similar to the Solstice Class or Royal Class from PC but have activities similar to newbuilds from NCL, RCCL and CCL such as:

- Waterslides

- Ropes Course

- Waterfront

- Circus show (Cirque De Soleil anyone?)

- Heaps of Ocean Views

- Shopping Promenade

- Adults only Solarium/Pool deck

What do you guys want to see?

A classy design like the Celebrity Solstice would be awesome.:D

1. A walk around promenade deck like most other ships. No walk around promenade deck on Celebrity Solstice, which I found not to my liking.

2. A suit and tie detector operated by security aka 'the fun police' at the entrance to the MDR on formal nights to repel the bogans who refuse to adhere to dress policy.

3. A 'sitting' sofa in each cabin, like the P&O UK ships have, e.g. Arcadia/Aurora/Oriana which I have been on.

4. A refrigerator in each cabin, I believe some P&O Australia ships have no cabin fridges.

Edited by NSWP

Ok

Cabin

Sofa

Decent size shower

TV that I can use USB HDMI on

USB charging ports

Plenty of storage

Fridge (that actually works)

Public Toilets same spot on every deck, maybe behind the lifts (so when you're caught short you can find the darn thing).

I've often wondered why they don't have slf serve soda either a machine with cans or a pot mix set up, that works off your card, on at leat some decks, it could even recognize those with a package.

A cafe like El Bacio or IC that serves quality coffee and tea as well as snacks.

Plenty of spots to pull up a pew and watch the Icean go by.

Accessible cabins in EVERY category, I thinkit sucks that if you need an accessible cabin you usually need to go to higher price categories. Of course just putting in wider doorways would help many that need a mobility device.

It seems the new ship will be based on the latest Dream Class - Costa Diadema.

This may give some idea of what can be expected.

It will likely be another Butlins at Sea.

Les - HAL have the walk around promenade, couches on cabins & fairly strict MDR dress code. We are getting into that age bracket!

It seems the new ship will be based on the latest Dream Class - Costa Diadema.

This may give some idea of what can be expected.

It will likely be another Butlins at Sea.

Les - HAL have the walk around promenade, couches on cabins & fairly strict MDR dress code. We are getting into that age bracket!

Cheers mate, so the NEW (LOL) P&O ships Aria and Eden have a couch to sit on? OR did HAL throw them overboard before reaching Sydney?

PS did you get my E mail re Arcadia?

Edited by NSWP

Hi Les

Yes thanks for email.

Now working on logistics to get to the dreaded Grain terminal after parking car as we are only away 15 days.

Yes - both ex HAL vessels have couches on the cabins - some are 2 seaters & some are 3 seaters. Virtually nothing was changed in the cabins. They do not have a fridge but HAL supply an ice bucket each day plus fruit bowl.

1. A walk around promenade deck like most other ships. No walk around promenade deck on Celebrity Solstice, which I found not to my liking.

2. A suit and tie detector operated by security aka 'the fun police' at the entrance to the MDR on formal nights to repel the bogans who refuse to adhere to dress policy.

3. A 'sitting' sofa in each cabin, like the P&O UK ships have, e.g. Arcadia/Aurora/Oriana which I have been on.

4. A refrigerator in each cabin, I believe some P&O Australia ships have no cabin fridges.

I think the suit and tie detector has sailed. Being appropriately dressed on a P&O cruise, I was known as "The guy in the suit"

Agree with that. :D

All I want is a ship with a special radar that follows the sun and gives sunny and windless days every day , while sailing on smooth seas .:D:D

Not forgetting free alcohol dispensers, David. Imagine Steinlager and Marlborough Sauv Blanc, free flowing for all.

Lubbly Jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

Yes - both ex HAL vessels have couches on the cabins - some are 2 seaters & some are 3 seaters. Virtually nothing was changed in the cabins. They do not have a fridge but HAL supply an ice bucket each day plus fruit bowl.

The Eden has a fridge, it did in my balcony cabin. It was in a cupboard next to the balcony so a little tricky to find if you didn't open every cupboard. Was working fine and kept things cold. Can't speak for other cabin categories though .

The Eden has a fridge, it did in my balcony cabin. It was in a cupboard next to the balcony so a little tricky to find if you didn't open every cupboard. Was working fine and kept things cold. Can't speak for other cabin categories though .

Inside cabin didn't have the fridge.

I always get an ice bucket or two daily anyway in addition to the fridge. The cabin fridges never get the 'lemonade' cold enough for me. Anyway I need the ice cubes to keep the scotch and chardonnay from evaporating too soon.

Edited by NSWP

I always get an ice bucket or two daily anyway in addition to the fridge. The cabin fridges never get the 'lemonade' cold enough for me. Anyway I need the ice cubes to keep the scotch and chardonnay from evaporating too soon.

Good points, can't have warm drinks, we are not in England.:rolleyes:

Cut it in half and give us two new ships would be a good start 4200 passenger sheep ship will not be able to dock at most regional Aust / NZ and Pacific ports so it will be cruises to nowhere .

You can be assured that no freight / container operators are going to give up a commercial berth for a cruise ship.

Cut it in half and give us two new ships would be a good start 4200 passenger sheep ship will not be able to dock at most regional Aust / NZ and Pacific ports so it will be cruises to nowhere .

You can be assured that no freight / container operators are going to give up a commercial berth for a cruise ship.

I bet they will if the price is right. A lot of those container wharves sit empty anyway. Travelling around the world many ports use the industrial areas for docking.

/QUOTE]

It is not appropriate for me to comment, as I would never cruise on a ship with 4,200 passengers. 3,000 put me off for life!

However, I would love a smaller new build, located in Australia/NZ, with all inclusive cruising, priced accordingly.

If a fairy could grant my wish, I'd really love new P&O management in Australia, or alternatively more competition. I look at the old smaller cruise ships which have been renovated and reassigned to Germany with envy.