Weekday departure?

denjill

Does anyone know of a cruiseline that departs on Tues, Wed or Thurs? We are very flexible in # of days, departure port, cruise destination.

However, we are only able to be away over 1 weekend, so we need to leave on a weekday.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Unless you talk to a cruise agent, you'll need to go to each cruise line's web site and do some research on your own. I think Carnival and RCCL used to have a few 4 and 5 day cruises that sailed out on a Tuesday, usually Bahamas or Western Caribbean cruises.

Does anyone know of a cruiseline that departs on Tues, Wed or Thurs? We are very flexible in # of days, departure port, cruise destination.

However, we are only able to be away over 1 weekend, so we need to leave on a weekday.

Most cruise lines have cruises that leave on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. However, these are not one week cruises. Some three and four night cruises leave on Thursday. Most of the cruises that leave midweek are eight nights and longer (except for the 14, 21, 28, 35 ... night cruises).

Examples: Princess has a cruise leaving on February 9, 2016 (a Tuesday) out of San Pedro (Los Angeles), NCL has a cruise leaving Miami on December 8 (a Thursday). Princess has a cruise leaving March 30, 2017 (a Thursday) out of Ft. Lauderdale.

You just have to look around. Look for the eight or longer cruises.

Unless you talk to a cruise agent, you'll need to go to each cruise line's web site and do some research on your own. I think Carnival and RCCL used to have a few 4 and 5 day cruises that sailed out on a Tuesday, usually Bahamas or Western Caribbean cruises.

There are a few excellent cruise data bases operated by some major online cruise agencies. These avoid the hassle of looking at each cruise line's own web site, and some of these data bases will allow much more detailed searches such as looking for ships that go to specific ports or depart from specific ports.

Since CC guidelines do not allow me to post the name of some of these sites, one would have to do their own search (not very difficult).

Hank

Take a look at Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival. There might be more, but I know those 4 cruise lines have 4/5 night cruises that go through the weekend during the winter months and early spring. During the summer months, I believe the choices are only Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

What about Friday departures? Norwegian Dawn does 7 day Bermuda cruises from Boston that leave on Fridays, so you could fly in on a Thursday, then fly back home the following Friday. You would be away 2 Fridays but only 1 Saturday and Sunday.

This is your first cruise. I would limit my search to 4 and 5 day cruises, and look at ports close to you. Charleston and Jacksonville I think are the closest that offer the shorter cruises. There may be some offered from Baltimore or New York / New Jersey.

Driving distance greatly reduces the cost, and gives you a taste of cruising, to ensure if you like it.

Longer cruises do leave mid week, but some will span over two weekends.

You do not say anything about your ages, and likes and dislikes, but be aware that longer cruises tend to have an older demographic. Good fun though. One of our best cruises was our longest one.

Good luck, let us know what cruise you end up choosing.

Carnival does. They have shorter sailings from some ports on some of their ships. Charleston for example they do mostly 5 day runs so the departure/return days change each week.

What Quilting Cruiser said... I'm beginning to think we think all the same things!

7-day Alaska, either R/T Seattle or R/T Vancouver, or one of those cities to Whittier or Seward (depending on line) OR reverse.

(1) Leaving Seattle, you generally do not sail up/down the Inside Passage between Vancouver Island and British Columbia. But you may have a port at Sitka, which people prefer as less commercialized.

(2) A roundtrip will probably save on airfare (cheaper mid-week too!) and see all the same ports, just forego a sea day across the Bay of Alaska.

(3) Princess and Holland America have the most permits for cruising Glacier Bay National Park where a park ranger comes onboard and narrates!

We're going and taking four family members (in three Lower Promenade oceanviews) on the HAL Volendam R/T Vancouver, this June!

What Quilting Cruiser said... I'm beginning to think we think all the same things!

:D:D

We're going and taking four family members (in three Lower Promenade oceanviews) on the HAL Volendam R/T Vancouver, this June!

Have a wonderful time! My Alaska cruises have all been amazing!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

OP says he wants only one weekend away.Just be aware these short cruises, esp. from SoFL can be locals dominated booze cruises that only go to Bahamas.

Totally agree that the short cruises can be heavy on the booze. However, the OP seemed to indicate that they can be away only 1 weekend, but not that they have to return on Sunday. That gives them a little more flexibility if I am interpreting correctly.

Edited by MarKay525