I wish Princess would

windsor26

Request in their literature pre cruise that anyone who is allocated a dining table on traditional dining would, IF they do not ever intend to make use of this allocation, advise the Maitre D so the space maybe allocated to someone else.

We ask for a larger table and have been very disappointed on several cruises that for an 8 top only 4 of us EVER appear. The spaces cannot be given to anyone else IN CASE the first 'owners' ever decide to come

I know this often happens as we see on second sitting many tables with far less than their settings using the space. Also on the first day we have to wait ages IN CASE someone turns up.

PLEASE while waiting for Princess and other cruise companies to give this simple advice in their literature can those of you who will not use your allocation advise this to the Maitre D or the waiter for that table

Thank you:D

I think if someone doesn't show up two nites at the beginning, then they should lose that spot (if they hadn't made arrangements with the maitre'd). It seems there are always a lot of people that are on the waitlist for traditional, and I do not think that is fair to them.

I took a short 4 day cruise with 2 friends, and we were put at an 6 or 8 person table, and never did we have someone show up. One night they did put two ladies with us, and they had said they were waitlisted for traditional. But because the lineup was so long for the ATD, they were putting people in the TD. To me, that means people were signing up for Traditional, and then not bothering :mad:

We have not done traditional dining in years, but we decided to switch to traditional dining because we prefer having a set time. The lines for ATD are ridiculous. In order to make a reservation there it has to be at 5:30 anyway, so we are switching back to traditional. However, we like doing specialty dining on our first night. So we would never be there the first night anyway. We never eat dinner at the buffet, but we tend to do at least two nights of specialty dining per cruise, more if its a longer cruise.

They should be aware of it since we make the reservation via the Dine line.

Not allow Reservations or Traditional diners in the Anytime Dining Rooms. It totally defeats the purpose of the program and creates long lines. It also causes two lines at the entrance to the ADR which causes confusion. Also dining rooms should be opened at the posted times in the Patter. On the Royal last year they were often opened as much as a 1/2 hour late.

Request in their literature pre cruise that anyone who is allocated a dining table on traditional dining would, IF they do not ever intend to make use of this allocation, advise the Maitre D so the space maybe allocated to someone else.

We ask for a larger table and have been very disappointed on several cruises that for an 8 top only 4 of us EVER appear. The spaces cannot be given to anyone else IN CASE the first 'owners' ever decide to come

I know this often happens as we see on second sitting many tables with far less than their settings using the space. Also on the first day we have to wait ages IN CASE someone turns up.

PLEASE while waiting for Princess and other cruise companies to give this simple advice in their literature can those of you who will not use your allocation advise this to the Maitre D or the waiter for that table

Couldn't agree more .

Am I in the minority? When dining in the specialty restaurant on the first night, I always stop by my assigned traditional dining room table to introduce myself and let everyone know that I will not be there tonight, but will show up tomorrow.

Let me add to this...

If you are planning on not showing up one night during the cruise, please let your table mates know. 1. So we will know that we don't have to wait for you. 2. If we would like to "invite" someone else to the table (with the approval of the head waiter), we have that option.

And lastly, please do not be late. I've had people show up 30 minutes after their assigned time.

I agree with no reservations for AD. If they do accept them, you should be able to reserve a time or a table, but not both.

If you reserve a time, you get what is available when you arrive. If you reserve a table, you get it when it is next empty.

I do like your thinking!

I did think about saying one free cruise (just get on and never get off)

But I may need to come home from time to time so will have to settle for one a year, now I think I should get to say how long it is, you know like 366 days this year

I did think about saying one free cruise (just get on and never get off)

But I may need to come home from time to time so will have to settle for one a year, now I think I should get to say how long it is, you know like 366 days this year

When you're wishing the sky is the limit.

FIX.THEIR.WEBSITE :):):)

I agree about the Anytime Dining. Traditional diners in the Anytime Dining Rooms should be allowed a one time only. Sometimes things do happen.

There are other venues they can use for those occasions.

Not allow Reservations or Traditional diners in the Anytime Dining Rooms. It totally defeats the purpose of the program and creates long lines. It also causes two lines at the entrance to the ADR which causes confusion. Also dining rooms should be opened at the posted times in the Patter. On the Royal last year they were often opened as much as a 1/2 hour late.

You guys are scaring me. Now I wish I hadn't made Anytime Dining my choice!

We have always done TD. Last summer, on the Crown our family of 9 tried AT. One night, we had to wait 15 or 20 minutes. Other than that we were promptly seated.

Actually we are glad there are lots of empty tables in the MDR, makes it a lot quieter... we always ask for a table for 2, usually get a 4 top for 2 which is what we like best... If the tables around use are not filled all the better. We just got off a 10 New Years cruise and this was the case.

I wish Princess would replace the stairs on one side with escalators. That way there would be fewer people trying to use the elevators. In the event of a power failure, the escalators would still function as stairs.

Twice I have fallen on stopped escalators and suffered cuts when hitting the metal. I have never fallen on normal stairs. Escalator steps are higher than normal stairs. I think when they are stopped then no one allowed to use them especially when people are somewhat panicked.

The ATD sounds like a problem. We never do TD as the times are too early or too late. So if ATD lines could get sorted that would be nice. What seems to be the worst time?

In regards to dining, it could be that some new to cruising don't understand the concept of traditional dining and flexible dining. Remember that some book through an online method and never speak to a TA. And maybe some who book their first cruise with a TA might have one who doesn't address this subject. Add to that, the Patter doesn't explain this on the first day, even though some may not always read it anyway.

Many of us who prefer traditional dining really do respect the system. We understand that we shouldn't crash the anytime room.

That is not going to happen because people change there minds at the last minute.

Anytime Dining is great but I admit that the lineups can be irritating. We took a transatlantic and there were a lot of early diners. We came up with what was, for us, an unbeatable plan. We would show up at the dining room, give our name, get a buzzer and go have a pre-dinner drink. If you work that into your schedule, you could have dinner around the time you wanted. Worked for us!! :D:D:D