do you need cash or credit card

shykiwi

Once checked in and loaded credit card, how do you pay for shore tours? If you only brought credit card.

First timer so just wondering what to do.

Bring cash as well?

When it as cashless boat.

Going on pacfic pearl p&o curises

Everything on the ship is charged to your Cruise card. You secure all those charges by either giving a credit card in advance or depositing cash against which you can spend.

You will want some cash for when you go ashore for a tip, a taxi, a cold drink, an ice cream cone, lunch........

On the ship, any drinks you purchase, excursions, photos, salon or spa, items from the shops on board etc all are charged to your On Board Account.

Yes, I always bring both. Credit card for everything on the ship and any large purchases ashore. Cash for small tips and most spending ashore. If you take a excursion offered by the ship, that will go on your onboard account and therefore to your credit card. As to private tours ashore. Some will take credit cards some not. Nearly all will take the local currency. Some will take a major currency like US$, Euros or GB pounds. Best to ask.

We also use a credit card for onboard...and we bring a different one for shore purchases...and we ALWAYS have cash! Cash is KING! Never go anywhere without some cash! Be bring large bills...easier to carry..and break them down as needed.

When you go ashore, have small currency bills. In some islands, if you purchase something with cash, they may give you back change in local currency. If you have close to the correct amount, you won't have a pocket full of local money that likely will not be very useful to you.

Once checked in and loaded credit card, how do you pay for shore tours? If you only brought credit card.

First timer so just wondering what to do.

Bring cash as well?

When it as cashless boat.

Going on pacfic pearl p&o curises

You might need a bit of can in Port for a drink or a taxi or snack, but usually an ATM around near the port.

Shore excursions, if booked through the line, go on your account and eventually on your Credit Card, as does anything else you spend on the ship.

One cruise we left home with pretty much no cash and nothing in the bank. But everything was paid for, knew we'd still have a great time. First Port got a call from Miss Gut that she'd banked a pretty big cheque that had arrived at the PO.

So we spent up.

But if everything is paid. cruise cost, and tips (if added) you can get buy without spending anything, unless you want to drink. If you've then got a drink package either as a bonus, or pre paid, you really need very little else. If you then have a bit of OBC as well you're a winner.

One cruise 8 days our finl bill was under $10, and maybe $50 all up in Port.

Now I won't talk about our last cruise, where three handbags were bought together with all sorts of stuff for women's faces and skin, and a pen (not a biro but a few hundred $ pen) as Miss Gut's present for finishing Uni and let's say the CC got melted.

Next cruise I think will be another low spend except my dialing Mrs Gut has her eyes in a few sets if markets:eek:.

I always take 2 credit cards. One is for paying our shipboard account at the end of the cruise. The other one has a small limit and is used ashore for food, etc.

I also take cash. Can get smaller bills at the front desk. No one wants to get back a lot of a countries local currency.

We also like to have cash to give extra tips at the end of the cruise to those people who made our cruise an enjoyable one.