What happens if you do not drink

lenbest

Does anyone know if its possible to get a reduction of the cruise price if you do not drink and do not want to participate in the drinks package now all on offer.Cruises now seem to be all inclusive with drinks included.

The drinks packages include many non-alcoholic options -- coffees, teas, soft drinks, juices, bottled waters, and other beverages you might enjoy.

You won't find any cruise line willing to reduce your price because you don't want one of their beverage packages. You MIGHT find them willing to give you the on-board credit option, or the prepaid gratuities option, in exchange for the beverage package but perhaps you already have those perks?

Does anyone know if its possible to get a reduction of the cruise price if you do not drink and do not want to participate in the drinks package now all on offer.Cruises now seem to be all inclusive with drinks included.

Hi lenbest,

Not all Celebrity cruises come with a drinks package, we got a really good deal with second person half price. Other recent offers have been flights into Europe and free parking in Southampton....I am fairly sure Celebrity will not discount your cruise seeing a free drinks package as a 'perk' not part of the holiday cost.

What I would add, however, is even if you do not drink alcohol that classic package is great for coffee, water, sodas....I love the fruit cocktails!

I haven't really paid attention lately because our next 4 cruises are on RC or Oceania, not Celebrity, but don't they generally give you a choice of what amenity to add? As mentioned above, you could add one of the other perks instead of the drink package. I wouldn't even bother to ask about a reduced rate, because it's just not going to happen.

To answer your question, no....

Question answered above ^^^^^^^^^^

When booking I always hit the tab that says, 'see if this sailing has any other offers' or something to that effect. Most times it brings up a resident discount rate with none of the BBB options.

But even in the BBB you can chose one of the options other than a drink pkg.

Pick a diff perk , or look over the classic list carefully or the non alc offerings,.

I drink very litte alc and enjoy the Classic.perk..esp for items at Cafe Baccio, juices and water...and now that daily water deliv in AQ has been axed!

Edited by hcat

The problem with picking another perk is that one cabin member may want the package; the other not. For example, I do not drink alcohol due to medication reasons. I get fancy coffees by being Elite+. I never drink soft drinks (hate the carbonation) - only iced tea which is free. I can carry on bottled water or fill my own bottle from the tap. So we pick that perk for DH, but Celebrity is saving tons of money on me:(. I for one do not like the current pricing structure at all as it comes with incredibly jacked up cabin prices to cover the 'free' perks.

You don't get drunk....LOL

My exact thought when I saw the title.

But no. Since the cost of the cruise doesn't include alcohol, there is no reduction. Ditto if you elect to take a drink package (you CAN pick another option - there are more than two choices).

I travel solo and pretty much pay 200% of the per person based on double occupancy cost (the exception being port taxes and fees). And yet, I get no compensation for the "drinks package for two" or "prepaid gratuities for two" or any of the "for two" options (which is pretty much all of them). It would be amazing if they said "Hey, since you're solo we'll upgrade you to the premium package" or "We'll give you OBC for the second person's pre-paid gratuities" (I'd actually be ok with them just distributing the double tips - less for me to do extra on my own that way) but they don't. I've opted for those two choices though because it's what serves me best - I just have to accept the inequality of the value I receive vs. the value two people would receive in them.

Our last 2 cruises have been without any perks included. The most recent was Xmas cruise and was the cheapest X cruise we have ever taken in balcony cabin.

We are elite plus so we had access to 2 hours of free drinks every day and could get free coffe type drinks at the cafe.

That works best for us. I never thought we got our money's worth with the drink package. We don't drink expensive drinks (Me only beer) and with the days at port, we never drank enough to make the package work.

Neither of us are drinkers. DW enjoys her coffees, I enjoy a soft drink a day so when we are picking from the list of 4 we pick the OBC or the pre-paid grats depending on which is worth more. Sometimes, most times our TA pays our grats so we choose the OBC and it more than covers our non-alcoholic beverages and our internet usage. Bottom line, like Don said, no they won't reduce your fare but they usually offer other choices

There are sometimes some excellent deals at the last minute ... if you book one, you won't get the free perks. Sometimes, it is the way to go if only one of you wants cocktails. You just have to do the math ... you might come out better if only one person purchases the beverage package or buys his/her drinks outright. Your other option is to book an inside cabin where the prices are good. You won't be paying into the package as it is not offered. One more option is a guaranteed cabin type. These don't always come with the free perks. I saw a suite go on sale ... extremely inexpensive. If I upgraded, I would have lost all the perks so not worth it for us as we do drink ... but I think this is exactly what you were looking for. The only problem with this is you have to be rather flexible as most of these offerings are close to sail date.

If it were me and really wanted a particular sailing, I would book and inside and hope that one of these sweet suite deals came up on the sailing. However, this may not be something you are willing to do??

OP is from UK. I think they have different promotions and offers than we have in the States. So, picking a different option may not be an option?

Maybe. But the answer remains the same - just as they don't make adjustments for solo travelers with the "for two people" promotions, they won't make adjustments for teetotalers. Besides, there are non-alcoholic drinks included in the packages.