Tender to Princess Cays

Cabot49

I'm sailing on The Royal next week and had a question about tendering to Princess Cays.

Are the times assigned or is it just "line up and wait" If it is the latter any suggestions on when to go to avoid a long lineup?

Thanks

I'm sailing on The Royal next week and had a question about tendering to Princess Cays.

Are the times assigned or is it just "line up and wait" If it is the latter any suggestions on when to go to avoid a long lineup?

Thanks

Until the initial rush is over they will usually have everyone head to the Princess Theater and get a tender ticket. They will not hand out tickets unless everyone in your group is present. Then you are taken down to the tender in groups. Once the rush is over you head straight down to the tender on deck 4 no tickets needed.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Good question. Haven't disembarked in Princess Cays in years and still deciding whether to do so in April. Might just go over for the barbecue. Then again, might not. :)

Thanks Pam,

We will be at Princess Cays twice in the next month (b2b on the Royal starting 2/22) and we have never been to Princess Cays. I figure we should at east get off and wander around for a little bit.

Elite/suite passengers go to the front of the line. Just go to the gathering area and show your cruise card.

Not quite correct. Elite/Suite guests do not need a tender ticket and simply join the end of the line whenever they are ready. They do not get a free trip to the front of the line.

Not quite correct. Elite/Suite guests do not need a tender ticket and simply join the end of the line whenever they are ready. They do not get a free trip to the front of the line.

^ Good post above and true!

Elites/Suites do not have to get tender passes BUT simply join into the tender line. Never try to barge their way to the front!

Until the initial rush is over they will usually have everyone head to the Princess Theater and get a tender ticket. They will not hand out tickets unless everyone in your group is present. Then you are taken down to the tender in groups. Once the rush is over you head straight down to the tender on deck 4 no tickets needed.

Check the Patter as to where to go to get tender tickets. In my experience, most of the time it has been in one of the dining rooms.

As others have said, everyone in your group must be there to get a tender ticket if you want to go ashore at the same time. They will only give the tickets out to people who are physically present.

If you want to be one of the first to go ashore, be in line about 15 minutes before the advertised time that tickets will be handed out.

What about the people that have reserved the cabanas, do they get tender tickets and get off the ship first?

Yes, they do get priority.

Not sure how, but probably something that allows them to just go to the end of the current line of the tender being loaded.

Elite/suite passengers go to the front of the line. Just go to the gathering area and show your cruise card.
That's highly unusual and the only time I've heard of Elite/Suite passengers being told it's a perk to jump the line and go to the front. Normally, as an Elite/Suite passenger, you go to the back of the existing line. Being Elite/Suite usually means you don't need a tender ticket and can get on the existing line. Edited by Pam in CA

Good question. Haven't disembarked in Princess Cays in years and still deciding whether to do so in April. Might just go over for the barbecue. Then again, might not. :)

They don't serve lunch on Princess Cay until 11:00 a.m. so there is no rush to get off the ship if that is all you are going ashore for. To my taste, the meal is worth the tender trip.

I just debarked from the regal. It took about 2 hours to reduce the waiting pax before we could simply walk down to the tenders. The food trucks are actually food carts with food cooked on the ship. Not very good

I have not been to Princess Cay in the last 12 months so things might be different now. Back then, I saw them cooking some of the food on shore.

This may sound silly but you might want to check outside before hunkering down in the line. Its unusual to be a bit windy/chilly in the morning at this stop. Not always the best for a beach day.

The real scramble is coming BACK. there is no priority boarding. (well not on the dozen or so times we have been.)

And yes most of the BBQ is cooked on shore.