chops breakfast

No idea if it's fleetwide. First I've heard of it and that rumbling sound you hear in the distance is the suite people getting ready to make their displeasure known. ;)

Thanks.:) Admittedly, I'll be part of that rumbling if this Suite perk is degraded by crowding.:o I think $15 pp should keep the crowding down though, as you said.

I'll be keeping an eye out for reviews of the Gold Card Breakfast experience and other Suite perks before I book my next Suite on GotS, though. If I feel like we're no longer getting our money's worth for the several thousand we pay for a GS, we'll just book a JS or below to use our Future Cruise Certificate, then move on to Celebrity for our Suite cruises.

Thanks.:) Admittedly, I'll be part of that rumbling if this Suite perk is degraded by crowding.:o I think $15 pp should keep the crowding down though, as you said.

I'll be keeping an eye out for reviews of the Gold Card Breakfast experience and other Suite perks before I book my next Suite on GotS, though. If I feel like we're no longer getting our money's worth for the several thousand we pay for a GS, we'll just book a JS or below to use our Future Cruise Certificate, then move on to Celebrity for our Suite cruises.

I agree. I just finished my email to Michael Bayley. In 30 years of cruising, I have never written a letter or email to any cruise line. I really hope someone in his office will actually read it.

Does anyone have the menu for chops breakfast? Is it worth the money??

every ship has a different menu. and FTR on all the ships I have been on it was free but ONLY for pinnacle and suites

even Liberty, where it was advertised. in the compass as a ten dollar fee for steak and eggs.

we enjoy it because the service is a thousand times better, I can always get eggs Benedict and they serve fresh squeezed OJ even if you do not have a drink package.

usually they have a signature item like a special frittata or omelet. plus every day favorites.

T

I agree with you, it was a nice place to sit. In fact, I wished that I could pop out and get my breakfast from the Windjammer and bring it back to my table. I probably could but didn't want to be awkward.

there was one guy who did exactly that every day. he went and got himself a big ole bowl of oatmeal, came back to Chops and topped it with the martini glass that had the granola and fruit mixture on the buffet.

in Chops I didn't have to wait for the elusive bread tray to come around, I could just grab it myself. or a plate of fresh fruit while I waited for my eggs Benedict. Mr Spook's coffee cup never got more than half empty, while in the MDR you can be bone dry for five minuets before anyone comes wandering round with a refill.

Liberty was offering steak and eggs in Chops for a 9.95 fee when we sailed out of Bayonne in October. We didn't try it so I don't know if there was anything else on the menu.

Although we were sailing in a suite on Liberty of the Seas in October, we so enjoyed having a less bustling dining experience in Chops Grille that I commented to friends that I'd probably be willing to pay the nominal fee if I weren't in a suite.

Plus, the steak and eggs were really tasty, too!

The current Liberty compass has the breakfast at $15. Hopefully, that will discourage most people. $30 for breakfast should do some crowd control.

wow. in Dec, is was $10 and no one took them up on it. when GR was sailing out of Galveston they would NOT letting D+ in at all. never saw anyone try on LIB but the place was packed as soon as they started service with all the Pinnacles and suites.

FTR IIRC the little one page menu did not even list a steak option at all for us. but the compass specifically called it a steak and egg breakfast.

every ship has a different menu. and FTR on all the ships I have been on it was free but ONLY for pinnacle and suites

Unless things have changed recently Gold Card breakfast is not offered on all ships. We sailed on Radiance last year and there wasn't anything in CHOPS or the MDR. On Legend they had a nice area of deck 5 MDR for Gold Card holders for breakfast and lunch.

Hope to hear this has changed and all ships are offering a Gold Card breakfast.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

On Navigator in December with gold colored card; Grand Suite. They did ask for gold seapass cards at the maitre de stand each time.We ate breakfast in Chops every morning.

We loved being waited on and having the same waiter each day. He knew what beverages we wanted. The cooked to order options were done very well. I always judge a breakfast by their eggs benedict. This was prepared so well that I asked to speak to the cook to tell him what a wonderful job he was doing.

This a a great suites perk!

Anyone could just walk in and have breakfast on Freedom. They weren't checking cards at all last week.

You know, come to think of it, I never saw anyone checking gold cards on Liberty last week either. They never checked ours, even on the first day.

On GotS (in 2014), the host standing at the entrance to Chops welcomed us by name as soon as he saw us, before we could even pull out our Gold Cards to be checked.:eek: I showed my surprise at that and he said they have a list with pictures of all the Suite and PC guests - they know who we are before ever meeting us.;) It was a tiny bit creepy, but pretty cool.:o

On Indy last week it was gold cards only and the food and service were outstanding. French toast and pancakes, though not listed on the menu, were available, eggs, omelette, bacon, sausage, and a nice buffet with breads and cereals. Food was delivered to the table nice and hot?

Departure day no chef, so no hot food, but you could get your food in

The WJ and sit in Chops and they still got yourcoffee for you. Again, only open to Gold cards and the cards were checked every day.

On Indy last week it was gold cards only and the food and service were outstanding. French toast and pancakes, though not listed on the menu, were available, eggs, omelette, bacon, sausage, and a nice buffet with breads and cereals. Food was delivered to the table nice and hot?

Departure day no chef, so no hot food, but you could get your food in

The WJ and sit in Chops and they still got yourcoffee for you. Again, only open to Gold cards and the cards were checked every day.

Good to know they are checking. As some others have mentioned this is one of the suite perks I really enjoy.

You know, come to think of it, I never saw anyone checking gold cards on Liberty last week either. They never checked ours, even on the first day.

we WERE asked for our cabin number though and I know they know categories and I am pretty sure they when they plug it in your C&A level shows up too.

The breakfast has been our #1 tipping point on moving from JS to GS. I'm not as obsessed but Mr Wolf wants his eggs benedict. :D For once, I am happy for a ridiculous fee since I can't imagine very many paying that for breakfast when they have WJ and MDR.

Mr Wolf has good taste. and Mr Spook loves being able to get the kitchen sink in his omelets. in fact he and the guy who usually sat at the table next to us would compete for the 'most off menu ingredients' I Think the chef liked being able to 'play'

On the Jan 15 Anthem sailing, Chops was available for breakfast on the last Saturday and Sunday of the cruise to everyone; we booked only to cancel in favor of having dinner there for the third time that cruise on the last night.

Breakfast was definitely $30-something per person - I want to say $35, because our decision was basically to spend slightly more money and go for dinner (again).

The breakfast has been our #1 tipping point on moving from JS to GS. I'm not as obsessed but Mr Wolf wants his eggs benedict. :D For once, I am happy for a ridiculous fee since I can't imagine very many paying that for breakfast when they have WJ and MDR.

Yes its good we do not have to share with common people

Yes, Vision was gold and up. No pesky D+ were allowed.

Ha Ha.... If Pinnacle and suite guests have a perk then D+ should have the same because they paid as much as suite guests over time but not as much as a Pinnacle. The only difference between Pinnacle and D+ are points but perks should be the same. D and suite guests deserve less. At least that's what I've read on many threads.

Are people really willing to pay for breakfast? If so, the extra charges will never stop as long as there is a demand. It starts at $5 or $10 dollars and before you know it RC is charging $20 to $30 for breakfast in a speciality restaurant. [emoji15]

Edited by crusinthrough

On the Jan 15 Anthem sailing, Chops was available for breakfast on the last Saturday and Sunday of the cruise to everyone; we booked only to cancel in favor of having dinner there for the third time that cruise on the last night.

Breakfast was definitely $30-something per person - I want to say $35, because our decision was basically to spend slightly more money and go for dinner (again).

$35 per person?!:eek: Yikes, that oughta keep it from getting too crowded!

People can be saying that the food is the same, that there are plenty of places to eat breakfast etc, but I can tell you that we were prepared to pay a LOT more to go in a grand suite so that we could ENJOY these little perks. That they offer. That they advertise that you will enjoy. We did a grand suite 3 years ago on Voyager, and we felt like it was more special. Having just recently decided to splurge on a grand suite on Explorer we are quite disappointed. We ordered the lovely room service breakfast. I ordered pancakes. I got pancakes. Not syrup, no butter, nothing. We then had several similar issues with room service meals. Not special.

So we went along to the chops perk for breaky and lunch. Yep, not really getting the special treatment there either on Explorer. We were not very happy with the whole experience.

Reading people's snide remarks here just reminds me of the behaviour that the staff had. We are polite, we smile and say hello. The OP just wanted some info, but apparently when you pay more there is some reverse snobbery that you are then some stuck up person expecting something extra.

Maybe some of us just want to get what we paid for. They offer the perks. Let them match the price we paid.

You snide people that are happy with your other category rooms. Good on you, you are happy with your value for money. We are looking to write a pretty comprehensive letter to head office, as we certainly don't feel like we got value for money, and we are wondering why other passengers have to look down their nose at us for being prepared to pay more to get extra value? What the hell is that all about?

Sick of the comments at the theatre as well. The whole experience of being in a grand suite was not great. I hope on other ships in the fleet that people are made to feel like they paid extra and it was worth it.

Now that is a heck of a tip, for which I thank you very much indeed.

Opposite experience on IoS. The waiter spent most of the time turning away guests who didn't have a gold card. There was a big sign by the door which people couldn't be bothered to read.

I guess from what everyone has posted that there is not much difference in the menu compared to the other venues. Just for some of the posters info, breakfast can be pretty spectacular with the right ingredients such as crab or lobster benedict or omlettes, steak, etc. Obviously RC doesn't feel the need to provide this. I guess we won't partake in the Chops breakfast for $15 extra (the cost on Liberty)

To all of the suite people out there, I feel for you if you are losing one of your special perks, but maybe on Liberty they have changed the breakfast venue for you, I am not sure. I would get a suite myself but my hubbie and I don't require the larger room and don't think the suite perks are worth the extra money, especially lately. We would just rather pay for what we want and stick with our balcony.